快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Sampler sync inconsistencies - vdj2020

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm getting very weird sync inconsistencies...
Some banks seem more reliable than others, but there's generally no consistency.

The tracks I'm syncing to are locked into the internal sync, yet the sampler plays just ahead, just behind, drifts or is locked on a half beat out, so playing on the off-beat.

Is vdj2020 just flakey at the moment, or is there something I might be doing in my setup to produce such weird and varied results?

发表时间 Wed 30 Oct 19 @ 12:50 am

Open the sample in the sample editor.
Is the beatgrid correct (the black bars behind the waveform)

发表时间 Wed 30 Oct 19 @ 1:02 am
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

Open the sample in the sample editor.
Is the beatgrid correct (the black bars behind the waveform)

Yep all correct...

The accuracy varies from play to play... sometimes the sample will sync with a song perfectly, sometimes it's a little (or a lot) off...

发表时间 Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 7:15 am
Yeah I’ve had this happen for a few years now. It’s soooo random when it does happen. I’ve just learned to deal with it.

发表时间 Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 5:29 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Yeah I’ve had this happen for a few years now. It’s soooo random when it does happen. I’ve just learned to deal with it.

I just spotted an old thread which suggested analysing the samples (from within the browser view) so ensure they're "gridded" right.

I'll try that...

发表时间 Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 10:16 am
I've had similar problems where the samples were playing on the original BPM, when triggered through the pad, but samples were synced when played from the sample side page itself.

Also, the pad have a weird bug when in sample mode (inconsistently) where samples in slots 5 to 8 are duplicated to slots 1 - 4.

I wiped and reinstalled, and tested both in the new skins and the old default. Here is a screen grab.

发表时间 Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 7:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

发表时间 Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 8:16 pm
This behaviour happens even with all banks, even on a fresh install where I deleted all libraries during the uninstall.

It is not consistent though, or at least I haven't been able to fully reproduce it yet.

Here was the XML of the bank (but the bug would extend to all banks)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<samplerbank>
<sample path="Clave Zouk.vdjsample" filesize="49587" group="Clave" col="0" row="0" triggermode="on/off" />
<sample path="HiHat Trap.vdjsample" filesize="106363" group="HiHat" col="1" row="0" />
<sample path="Kick Zouk.vdjsample" filesize="97703" group="Kick" col="2" row="0" />
<sample path="Shaker Zouk.vdjsample" filesize="42838" group="Shaker" col="3" row="0" />
<sample path="Snare Soft Zouk.vdjsample" filesize="170836" group="Snare" col="4" row="0" />
<sample path="Snare Zouk.vdjsample" filesize="264004" group="Snare" col="5" row="0" />
</samplerbank>

发表时间 Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 8:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It's probably the last 2 samples having column 4 and 5 (starting counting from 0), so probably created/dropped with Sampler being in 5+ Columns as grid, or List view.
So with last lines as
<sample path="Snare Soft Zouk.vdjsample" filesize="170836" group="Snare" col="0" row="1" />
<sample path="Snare Zouk.vdjsample" filesize="264004" group="Snare" col="1" row="1" /> should work.

But even with the above XML, i still get the samples "in-order". So not sure if that was the issue

What hardware/controllers are you using ? Do those have a Pads matrix ?

One other thought. Check /Documents/VirtualDJ/Pads folder and see if you have a "Sampler.xml" file there. If you do, then your custom Sampler Pad page may have a bug in syntax, so delete it or rename it and restart VirtualDJ to use the default/implemented one.

发表时间 Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 8:46 pm
I was using a Reloop Mixtour.

At this point, I fully reinstalled VDJ 2020, and can't reproduce the same situation.
To be noted, with a fully fresh install, I had the same problem happen once with a default sample page (Famous).
After that, and for the last 2 hours, I haven't had the problem with duplicate samples on the pad, and no sync issues to report.

Thanks for your help though.

发表时间 Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 10:37 pm
Okay, behaviour is back, and it is linked to my Reloop Mixtour.

The moment I turn it on, the sample duplication bug appears.

When I turn it off, samples revert to normal on the pad.

FIY, the bug still appears with factory mapping on the Mixtour

发表时间 Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 1:01 pm
i think the issue is the mixtour only allows 4 samples per deck from the controller.

发表时间 Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 3:06 pm
This bug started 2 updates ago or so, it was all fine before.

Plus the bug only appears on one of the decks' pad as shown on screengrabs.

发表时间 Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 5:30 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)