快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: NEW VERSION: VirtualDJ 2020 - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

VirtualDJ 2020 just got released today.

In addition to some new features like the Event Scheduler, Beatport streaming, a better harmonic mixing with auto pitching, etc, it also brings a brand new modern look adapted to all kind of DJs.

It is completely safe to upgrade from VirtualDJ 2018 to VirtualDJ 2020.
All your configuration and database will stay the same.
Only the design of the interface will change, and if you want to keep using the old one for a little bit longer, you can still find it in Settings->Interface->Old

Another change with VirtualDJ 2020, is that the PC version is now 64bit by default. (mac has always been 64bit-only since VirtualDJ 8.0)
If your VirtualDJ is auto-updating from VirtualDJ 2018, you will be on the 32bit version.
If you want to switch to the 64bit version, you need to download and run the installer manually.

(the difference between 32bit and 64bit version, is that the 64bit version is a bit faster, and use the latest video optimizations of your videocard. But some third-party plugins that have been written only for 32bit will work only with the 32bit version)

Also, like usual, the update to VirtualDJ 2020 is completely FREE.

Enjoy !

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 12:12 pm
Wow,very great Thanks on You and The Complete Team and all That Work on The Releases of VDJ 2020.

Very Great Thanks on All

Greatings,Dirk alias vlnjacki

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 12:35 pm
Hi Stephane,
just a note from an Italian bedroom DJ. Thanks for this awesome software, I love IT. I bought the Pro Infinity license some years ago. It has been the best spent money of the decade !!! I appreciate everything of VDJ and your passion in bringing to all of us the best dj tool, ever, made.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 1:14 pm
whoop whoop did not expected this !! what a suprise thank u so much .. proud owner of vdj no matter what they say ,, love you all

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 1:43 pm
Pioneer XDJ-RR ASIO not working in 2020 , switched to wasapi

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:45 pm
doug9474ControlleristMember since 2019
I just upgraded and I like that the beat keeper now shows the beat AND which 4 beat phrase it's on (although if both are the same, the phrase indicator doesn't show).

Although the GOTO -4 button is missing... I used that to line up tracks in advance before playing :-)

I'm still an amateur, but I think it's great software! I would redesign the VDJscript if it were me, but other than that, seems very well designed!

Thanks,
Doug

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:46 pm
serieBPRO InfinityMember since 2017
A big step further, thank you team!

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:47 pm
Love the update. Seems like VDJ bit back at a biter. Finally. I might voice loudly things I see could be better. Doesn't take away from the fact Lm a VDJ fanboy since v5 cracked version. With all that said, I have a request can I have another layout selection maybe call Pro Performance geared toward external mixer and controller users. That further streamlines the deck area. Like we don't need play stop and cue, the whole jog wheel area can be repurposed. The pitch slider is not needed just the value readout, replace rhat with level indicators. No crossfader is needed because its available in the rack selection. Putting the waveforms above or below its perspective deck, this also frees up the mixer area to extend the decks surface giving room to move pads and loop up a level, also room for the pitch readout, so its not there twice like currently and the current bpm next to the track bpm and also being able to make the browser larger.
I hope I explained things properly. I hope there are other users that would benefit from this.
Are there anyother DJs that don't use the laptop just for searching and does the rest of the mixing on their mixer and decks or controller. I call us experienced seasoned DJs.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 3:56 pm
I'm sure there'll be variations made once 2020 gets into more hands.

I'm already messing around with it, creating my own choice of background colours rather than just the dull ones.

The thing is now, the bulk of the graphics are vector based, so there's very little in the PNG file, meaning that colours, sizes and positions of knobs, buttons, jogs and so on can be tweaked without needing to edit graphics files.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 4:07 pm
groovindj wrote :

I'm already messing around with it, creating my own choice of background colours rather than just the dull ones.

The thing is now, the bulk of the graphics are vector based, so there's very little in the PNG file, meaning that colours, sizes and positions of knobs, buttons, jogs and so on can be tweaked without needing to edit graphics files.

This why I always ask, cause I'm lost once you start saying things like vector and PNG. I swear if I knew those things I would make those changes myself.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 4:14 pm
There's nothing stopping you! I think it's safe to say that most skin tweakers here learned themselves from simply messing around.

I guess I did have a slight head start because I'd been dabbling in HTML since the early days of the web, so the skin code did look kinda familiar - but it's not that hard.

Programming (writing software) or even some of the script locodog comes up with goes straight over my head.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 4:22 pm
Congrat...to the VDJ team on the new 2020 job well done, keep up the great work you guys do as always. VirtualDj the best software in the world.!!!

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 4:59 pm
well done Atomix!

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 5:19 pm
Hi to the staff.
Ok if you say it's safe for my playlist, my idjpool cache and the rest I going to upgrade this evening.
I have one question, i use a custom interface for vdj 2018 (silversleek 3), does she's compatible with vdj 2020?
Regards, fabien.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 5:45 pm
yes silversleek 3 is compatible using it now :-)

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 5:50 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
groovindj wrote :

Great, where in XML do I need to change background color ?

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:34 pm
I can walk you through it, but this isn't really the correct place.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:36 pm
wickedmix wrote :
yes silversleek 3 is compatible using it now :-)

Perfect, thank you my friend🖖🏽

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 6:37 pm
808BITTHome userMember since 2018
Am I missing something or is the new layout strictly 2 decks? I would love a 2 deck swap layout, so I can use all 4 decks while mixing. It looks so nice and clean and I wanna use itttt

Edit: reinstalled to get 64-bit and its thereeee. Love you VDJ team (:

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 7:14 pm
Have you not tried using the 'layout' menu?

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 7:20 pm
7%