快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: DMX PADS

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

HI
I am looking at getting virtual DJ to send messages via OS2L protocol to Sunlite Studio which I have seen is possible.

From what I can see there are only 8 pads available on virtual DJ does that mean I am limited to only 8 cues?

Eg I have a magic show and it has about 30 different lighting cues.
I would love to be able to set the cue points in virtual DJ to trigger the cues in Sunlite so it's an easier job rather than jumping between two computers but obviously, if this is limited to 8 cues it will not be possible.

Thanks
RJP

发表时间 Sun 24 Mar 19 @ 6:07 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Nah there's no limit to the number of cues. Use the poi editor to set them.

发表时间 Sun 24 Mar 19 @ 6:20 am

发表时间 Sun 24 Mar 19 @ 7:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I believe OP means lighting cues, not hotcues.

No, you are not limited to 8 Pads. Lots of options here.
Option 1. Create additional Custom Pad Pages (New Page from Pads Editor) and have 8 os2l actions on one, another 8 in some other etc.
Option 2 (a bit advanced), is to use Param1 to toggle or cycle a variable (which represents a sub-page) and then each one of the Pads should have actions like..
var 'myvar' 1 ? os2l_button "scene9" : os2l_button "scene1" (for 2 sub-pages)
Option 3 : 16 Pads per page. Set sixteenPadsmode setting to "On" (from VDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab), then the Pad Editor will have 16 Pads to edit and the skin (at least on the default), will have an option button to select bank 1 to 8 or 9 to 16.

If you need further help for Option 2, let us know.

发表时间 Mon 25 Mar 19 @ 12:46 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
rodneyjamespiper wrote :
HI
I am looking at getting virtual DJ to send messages via OS2L protocol to Sunlite Studio which I have seen is possible.

From what I can see there are only 8 pads available on virtual DJ does that mean I am limited to only 8 cues?

Eg I have a magic show and it has about 30 different lighting cues.
I would love to be able to set the cue points in virtual DJ to trigger the cues in Sunlite so it's an easier job rather than jumping between two computers but obviously, if this is limited to 8 cues it will not be possible.

Thanks
RJP

So SoundSwitch will allow you to do exactly what you are saying, but without using cue points in VDJ. SS integrates with VDJ, and it allows you to create a custom show per track. If there is an exact moment in the track that you want a blackout or a build or a color change, or the gobos to hit certain spots on the stage, etc., etc., then this is the software for you for sure! I have been using it with VDJ 64-Bit. It was not ideal 6+ months ago, but they have made major updates to make things much better. Have you tried it?

I posted my latest finding here: https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/221632/VirtualDJ_Plugins/SoundSwitch.html

I am not affiliated or paid by SS :)

Chris

发表时间 Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 4:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
gmedia wrote :

I have no reason not to believe you, but your post is a bit "off-topic":
- The user is using a different DMX product, not SoundSwitch, so your suggestion to change what he is currently using and already paid for, is not the best option imo.
- His issue/question is not directly related to his DMX software, but mostly to VDJ and how more Pads in the OS2L Page can be added.
- SoundSwitch is not supporting OS2L, so you cant use VDJ Pads to control your scenes.
Plus, I have already offered 3 possible solutions to his issue.

Please avoid promoting SoundSwitch features to all DMX-related topic, unless its relevant to the topic's subject

发表时间 Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 8:00 pm
gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djdad wrote :
gmedia wrote :

I have no reason not to believe you, but your post is a bit "off-topic":
- The user is using a different DMX product, not SoundSwitch, so your suggestion to change what he is currently using and already paid for, is not the best option imo.
- His issue/question is not directly related to his DMX software, but mostly to VDJ and how more Pads in the OS2L Page can be added.
- SoundSwitch is not supporting OS2L, so you cant use VDJ Pads to control your scenes.
Plus, I have already offered 3 possible solutions to his issue.

Please avoid promoting SoundSwitch features to all DMX-related topic, unless its relevant to the topic's subject

Friend, I am personally looking for solutions, as I have purchased and tried SEVERAL in the last two months. I read this in his post:

"Eg I have a magic show and it has about 30 different lighting cues.
I would love to be able to set the cue points in virtual DJ to trigger the cues in Sunlite so it's an easier job rather than jumping between two computers but obviously, if this is limited to 8 cues it will not be possible."

Although he mentioned "OS2L protocol to Sunlite Studio", the topic is he chose was "DMX Pads", which is what I was also searching for. I am trying to solve some issues myself, and I can tell from the situation he's dealing with that he could offer valuable feedback to me personally. On the other hand, the process he was describing sounds like it will take a LONG time to make happen, when what he mentioned is the exact thing that SS does with ease, without using two separate computers. I could create all of my own topics if you want, but in the spirit of a forum, I try to contribute and not create a new post (or even hijack an existing one).

I wish to not offend you, but give us some breathing room to talk :) I have contributed to the forums for well over 10 years. I have made very few posts about SoundSwitch in general, but it was obviously related here. It is hard to know where to post certain questions, as the issue can involve my DDJ-1000, SoundSwitch, DMX, LIGHTING Control, MIDI Pads. Some threads do not get replies for several days if not weeks. Also, you may have noticed that there are not a lot of options for lighting and VDJ.

Chris

发表时间 Mon 01 Jul 19 @ 8:32 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)