快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Ability to search directory tree

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I know this has been asked for hundreds of times before, but I guess another request won't go wrong :)

Would it be possible for a search box to be added at the top of the directory tree, configurable in a similar way to the file search.

For example it could search for a specifically named virtual folder, playlist, or a filter folder (perhaps within My Library) or perhaps a venue name in the history tree where a history playlist has been renamed, or just search for a date in the history.

On Saturday I tried to find a gig I had done around 5 years ago which had a venue name in it, but currently the only way was to search through history by year then month which took some time. I know I could have searched for it in Windows but that defeats the purpose a bit. Being able to type in the name and find it instantly would be a big bonus.

Thanks

发表时间 Mon 03 Dec 18 @ 11:26 am
Any news on this from the Dev Team?

发表时间 Tue 23 Apr 19 @ 7:34 pm
+ 1000

发表时间 Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 7:10 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Agreed that it can be a useful feature. Might be a bit tricky to get a list of 'all' the folders, but I guess it could be limited to any folder that has been seen previously.

发表时间 Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 7:35 pm
I think Keith means just searching within the VDJ directory, rather than the whole OS.

发表时间 Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 7:41 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Searching just the opened folders would be quite limited though, and looking through them is effectively the same as searching your entire computer (even worse if you include online sources)
So some kind of cache / database of folders would still be required for this function

发表时间 Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 7:48 pm
What I was asking for was a way to search either virtual or filter folders by name, history folders by date or name (if they have been renamed) ....... in fact anything in either the history or virtualdj> folders subdirectory

Not searching actual file names, just the folders.

Not on an OS level, just anything in the VDJ directory tree

发表时间 Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 8:06 pm
Adion wrote :

So some kind of cache / database of folders would still be required for this function

Maybe it could be added to the existing database, but in such a way that it's separated from track search results.

发表时间 Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 8:48 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)