快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Freezing mid set

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ZiggyMCPRO SubscriberMember since 2018
Hey guys, I'm having a problem. I'm DJing my cousin's wedding this Saturday (first time ever!!) and Virtual DJ on my laptop from time to time freezes mid-song/mid-video during practice. I thought it may be from the songs I've used off the cloud, but even the tracks on my laptop are having the same issue. What can I do to fix/remedy this? I really don't want to let her down.

发表时间 Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 12:57 pm
If you really don't want to let her down, tell her to hire a professional.

Yes I'm being blunt, but sometimes it needs to be said.

You've never done it before, you don't have a VDJ license, you don't have your own music (based on what you said) plus you're having problems with your computer.

Does she really want to risk her wedding day?

What's the spec of your laptop? Is VDJ the only thing running? What's the CPU usage when you're playing tracks in VDJ?

What do you mean exactly by "freezes"? Does the music stop?

发表时间 Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 5:00 pm
I have to agree with Groovin. You are not ready for this affair. I'm not trying to slow your growth, or stifle your dream. This is not some kids game. You do not send a guy that has used a wrench a couple of times, to fix a water main break. We know you're not ready because you waited until the last minute to ask for help. You are a home user, and you need to use this in your home, until you have mastered the skill to get a diverse group of people to dance, and handle any issue that may come up.

Maybe I'm blowing this way out of proportion. Maybe your cousin decided to get married this past Monday. She is having the reception in her back yard, with 20 family members, that all like the same music. By all means, this is a perfect place for you to try out your skills. If anything goes wrong (it always does), no problem. You are all family, and they did not expect that much from you.

If you are determined to do this, you need some hands on advice. Maybe you can ask a friend that has some experience to help you. Do you have all the equipment you need to do this affair (then you are not a home user)? Answer some of Groovin's questions, and maybe your computer issue can be addressed.

发表时间 Fri 29 Jun 18 @ 1:04 am
My bad y'all, I'm just getting back to this. The wedding was a success, everything went fine. I figured out that it was only happening when I had to much running at once. If anything that what it looks like, b/c I stopped doing that and haven't had an issue since so....
Idk, I'll keep working with it.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 5:02 am
To answer the questions tho, I do have my own equipment. I do have my own music, it was only my 1st time actually in front of an audience. It'll play, then it'll just stop midway just to continue after a few seconds. Tbh, I shouldn't of made it sound as urgent as I did I guess. But don't worry, I won't be forgetting this these; thanks...

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 5:06 am
Glad it worked for you.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jul 18 @ 5:11 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)