快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Nvidia graphic card configured, Intel card is used

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I configured my notebook, which has a onboard Intel graphic card and a secondary onboard Nvidia card to always use the Nvidia card for VDJ and Video of VDJ.
This has worked for years, but the last few gigs I realised everytime I load a (video)song. The video display pops up and this pop up takes several seconds to start and run, but that same seconds my VDJ and my video pop up are stuck, frozen and can not be used or closed at that moment.
I have had a few times I did not know I was loading a videosong and it took VDJ to long to take care of starting the video pop up and I had to hurry with loading a song on the other deck after the pop up was ready to go... It's about seconds and not minutes but hey... more than a half second is too long in my opinion with my hardware.

Also closing the video pop up can only be accomplished when the video pop up is loaded and ready to display video.

It's a little frustrating and I know I can disable the auto pop up in the settings but..... I was wondering why my laptop has such a struggle to pop up the little video window and play. My laptop is brand new, 16Gb mem, Intel Core i7, Intel HD graphic and Nvidia Geforce GTX960 graphic built in, SSD harddisk.

When I right click the video window to close it immediately (after it's done starting up) I was surprised to see "Intel HD" was displayed as active videocard for my little videoscreen?

I have set all the settings to use VDJ with Nvidia, I set the VDJ video graphic driver settings to use the Nvidia and still it tells me the video uses Intel HD...
I also tried to right click the shortcut of VDJ and choose "start this program with Nvidiacard" and set the local installed Nvidia config panel to always start VDJ with Nvidia card drivers.

How come my little video screen has so much trouble to pop-up, start, freeze everything and starting to display? And why does it keeps telling me it uses Intel HD?

发表时间 Tue 29 May 18 @ 6:55 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
On right click it displays the available monitors. If the monitor doesn't have a name it displays the name of the interface it is connected to.
For a laptop with both Intel and Nvidia the screen is technically connected to the Intel, even when the Nvidia does the work.

I'm not sure why it would take so long to open. Is it the same when using the Intel for vdj?
Otherwise is there perhaps an audio only visualisation selected that might take long to start?

发表时间 Wed 30 May 18 @ 2:46 am
Adion wrote :
Otherwise is there perhaps an audio only visualisation selected that might take long to start?

Good thinking!
I do have milkdrop8 as "audio only visualisation" configured. When I set this option to "none" problem is solved indeed!
The video screen pops up in a split second and I can close it immidiately. When I set milkdrop8 as default again, problem is back.

发表时间 Mon 04 Jun 18 @ 8:30 pm
PS: My previous notebook was not as powerfull as the one I got now, but I can not remember I had this problem for years (was Win7, upgraded to Win10) and I can not tell since which version of VDJ this problem occured... Always had milkdrop configured as default. Even when it was milkdrop before milkdrop8.

发表时间 Mon 04 Jun 18 @ 8:33 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)