快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Script School - Page: 35
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It's hard for everybody until they practice, you almost had it, go to the first post of this thread, there you will find an index for topics I've covered.
Read the post called "repeat_start, repeat_stop" it is linked.

I didn't write all these pages for myself, I wrote them for people to learn, and I've become bored of repeating myself.

发表时间 Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 12:46 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi at all; is there a script in Vdj verbs list to lock all deck functions about deck 1 and deck 3 (or deck 2 and 4 in rightdeck)…..like “dual deck function” in Pioneer controller….thanks!

发表时间 Sun 26 Mar 23 @ 11:33 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
First off apologies if I have asked this question before.
I know for custom buttons if you use `<script>` in the button name, it can be dynamic to represent a value, but can this be done in the skin for normal buttons.
I am trying to modify my skin to add a button that will cycle through the stem types, in my custom button i can use a button name of `setting 'stemsRealtimeSeparation'` to display what the current stem setting is but wondered if actual skin buttons can do the same. I've looked at the 'button' page of the wiki & can't see anything to indicate it can but thought I would ask.

I know I could create a custom button wherever i want on my skin but didn't want to litter my skin with custom buttons & keep track of how many I had, so I am just curious if there is a neater solution.

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:08 pm
HI
Please ignore my previous post, as I was typing it out an idea started to form & when I went back to the WiKi to double check my post was correct I noticed the action="" tag as a child of "text", which does what I want it to do so thanks anyway.

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:12 pm
I wish there was a word for that, "when composing a message to ask for help an idea strikes", because it is a thing

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:24 pm
Yes it happens to me a lot & sometimes I even get to the answer before pressing 'Save' on the message which is great & saves some time for everyone.

Follow up question if that is ok, is there a way to mix static text & a query in the button text
My button currently has the following text child
<text fontsize="10" weight="bold" align="center" action="setting 'stemsRealtimeSeparation'"/>

But it would be great if I could precede the setting value with what the setting is e.g. "STEMS Always" rather than just "Always".

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:32 pm
get_text &quot;MY TEXT&quot;

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 4:39 pm
I have a button/menu on my skin that show "short" names of the current realtime stems setting

setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled' ? get_text 'OFF' : get_text `setting 'stemsRealtimeSeparation' & param_cast text 7 & param_uppercase`

My Menu: attention you must give a class

<menu class="[YOUREBUTTONCLASS]" fontsize="11" x="+6" y="+5" width="66" height="25" textaction="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled' ? get_text 'OFF' : get_text `setting 'stemsRealtimeSeparation' & param_cast text 7 & param_uppercase`" query="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Always' ? on : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'On-Demand' ? on : off" visibility="var_equal '@$eventstem_23' 1">
<item text="Always" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Always'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Always'"/>
<item text="On-Demand" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'On-Demand'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'On-Demand'"/>
<item text="Prepared" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Prepared'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Prepared'"/>
<item text="Reduced Quality" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Reduced quality'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Reduced quality'"/>
<separator/>
<item text="Fully Disabled" action="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled'" check="setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled'"/>
</menu>

For your long name use for example:

setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Always' ? get_text 'STEMS Always' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'On-Demand' ? get_text 'STEMS On-Demand' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Prepared' ? get_text 'STEMS Prepared' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Reduced quality' ? get_text 'STEMS Reduced Quality' : setting stemsRealtimeSeparation 'Fully disabled' ? get_text 'STEMS Disabled' : nothing

other example:

param_add &quot;`setting stemsRealtimeSeparation`&quot; &quot;get_text 'STEMS '&quot;

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 5:03 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :

param_add "`setting stemsRealtimeSeparation`" "get_text 'STEMS '"

That little script was perfect for my needs, thanks.

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 5:43 pm
DennYo Beats wrote :
I have a button/menu on my skin that show "short" names of the current realtime stems setting

I forgot to say thank you for the details response, the other code snippets you included have given me more insight into vdj script & have already used your 'short name' code for a custom 'sort' button i have.

发表时间 Mon 27 Mar 23 @ 10:54 pm
hi at all.. i would map 2 deck buttons in my controller that set fx “pre” or “post” fader:
- button 1: setting “fxprocessing” “prefader”
- button 2: settinga “fxprocessing” “postfader”
but this change fx about all 4 decks…is there a script that change this only in deck focused? thanks!!

发表时间 Tue 04 Apr 23 @ 2:54 pm
no, pre/post is a global setting.
I made a volume plugin, if you use that as the last thing in the fx chain you can use post and still have volume control when you want pre

发表时间 Tue 04 Apr 23 @ 3:03 pm
hi…there is new script “stems_split”…is there a script for make same thing without stems separation? Like “Pioneer DuaDeck”…to control in deck 1-3 play, cue, hotcues, scratch at same time…thanks!!

发表时间 Sat 08 Apr 23 @ 10:25 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
After using stems_split you could enable the muted stems again to just have a cloned deck

发表时间 Sat 08 Apr 23 @ 11:58 am
Apologies if this has been asked before but I have a Video Skin and wanted to have text at the bottom of the screen that encourages people to use ask.the.dj.
I am using a textzone with different font sizes & wanted the text to align to the bottom or center of the text line itself however all the text is aligning to the top of the text line.
This is my code, I have looked at the skin wiki but I must be misunderstanding something because it doesn't work as all text is aligned to the top despite the wiki saying it would align center if nothing is specified.

<textzone group="horizontal" align="center">
<size width="1920" height="80" />
<pos x="+0" y="+0"/>
<text font="Helvetica" size="70" weight="bold" color="yellow" valign="bottom" format="ask me or visit "/>
<text font="Helvetica" size="80" weight="bold" color="white" valign="bottom" format="ask.the.dj"/>
<text font="Helvetica" size="70" weight="bold" color="yellow" valign="bottom" format=" for music requests"/>
<text font="Helvetica" size="60" weight="bold" color="yellow" valign="bottom" format=" (pls don't flood)."/>
</textzone>

I have discovered that If I put a 'valign' statement in the <textzone> line, the whole line of text will be aligned accordingly to either the top, center or bottom of the textzone item, altho it still aligns all text to the top of the text line, however this is not documented if I am reading the wiki correctly.

Anway if anyone can shed any light on what I am doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 23 @ 4:05 pm
That align is left|right|center
valign is for cases of vertical text, like above but rotated 90degs

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 23 @ 4:16 pm
I see, thank you for pointing that out.

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 23 @ 4:22 pm
There is also a command 'dy=' for padding text in a textzone, does that also only work for vertical text?
In essence, is there anyway to have a group of text items within a textzone align with themselves along the bottom of the line rather than the top?

发表时间 Sat 22 Apr 23 @ 4:26 pm
SveninoPRO InfinityMember since 2009
in a Browser with many Songs, how to scroll exact in the middle with just one touch of a button?

Hi everybody, to reach the first song of a browser I use browser_scroll "top"
and to get to the end browser_scroll "bottom".
But how to come in the middle?
First we would need the number of all songs in that browser window. ($NmbOfSongs)
Then we had to divide this by 2 ($HalfNmbOfSongs)
Now we would move to the top ("browser_scroll "top")
And go down the needed number of lines with browser_scroll + "$HalfNmbOfSongs"

It's actually quite easy, but what's the syntax for it?
Any help is appreciated...

发表时间 Wed 26 Apr 23 @ 4:24 pm
file_count is your number,
param_multiply 0.5 for half
param_cast 'integer' because file count could be an odd number and I don't know if browser scroll would work with a float
param_cast 'relative' as we need a signed value +/-

file_count & param_multiply 0.5 & param_cast 'integer' & param_cast 'relative' & browser_scroll

发表时间 Wed 26 Apr 23 @ 4:51 pm
77%