effect_active ‘colorfx & effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘distortion’

CUSTOM_BUTTON 2 (RVERB)
effect_active ‘colorfx & effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘reverb’

CUSTOM_BUTTON 6 (DUB)
effect_active ‘colorfx & effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘echo’

CUSTOM_BUTTON 7 (JET)
effect_active ‘colorfx & effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘flanger’

Previously I used this LED map to display what was active on the Filter

LED_FX1_ASSIGN (needs updating with blink reverb)
effect_active ‘colorfx’ && effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘distortion’

LED_FX2_ASSIGN (needs updating with blink flanger)
effect_active ‘colorfx’ && effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘echo’

This worked perfectly but now I've added another 2 FX (RVERB & JET) the LED part needs expanding. My intention was to use BLINK. I've tried all sorts of combinations from looking at other commands. I've even had the button blink, be on or off, depending, but it wasn't right. I can't figure it out.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also. If i wanted to use the FILTERROLL FX on the FILTER via custom button 2 being 'filterroll' not 'reverb', how would I assign it. I can easily get the filterroll to be there changing "effect_active ‘colorfx & effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘reverb’" to "effect_active ‘colorfx & effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘filterroll’" but as the filterroll already behaves like the color slider, it doesn't work as you'd intend. "FILTER = effect active ‘colorfx’ ? effect_colorslider ‘colorfx’ : filter" would no doubt need changing. This one might be a little more complex so not as important as my first query.

Many thanks in advance.

发表时间 Fri 06 Apr 18 @ 12:46 am
Anybody? I know it's a complex one but I need to learn more advanced mapping code. Thank you.

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 12:36 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
LED_FX1_ASSIGN
effect_active ‘colorfx’ ? effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘distortion’ ? on : effect_select ‘colorfx’ ‘reverb’ ? blink : off : off

Try that. Does it make sense?

发表时间 Sun 08 Apr 18 @ 9:21 pm
Thank you very much, i'll try this now. It looks like this will help me with quite a few other areas of code too.

发表时间 Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 7:54 pm
Yes... Thank you. This works 100%. I was close with my attempts but it was the off command I had wrong, especially the double part of it. Thank you.

发表时间 Mon 09 Apr 18 @ 9:58 pm
Ney worries, what's this about filter roll, can you describe the unexpected behaviour?

发表时间 Tue 10 Apr 18 @ 5:31 am
I missed your reply here. My issue with using Filter Roll on the filter was, setting it up via the colorfx slider string means it has the center pot 3 times, as it is already set to have a center position by default. Filter Roll needs to be assigned as normal, not as a colorfx slider but this messes up everything already coded. That was quite hard for me to find the right words, hope it makes sense.

发表时间 Thu 17 May 18 @ 11:33 am
This is now BROKE due to a recent update. I'm still figuring out what has changed but it seems we can now assign FX to the "Filter" as we could already to the FX slots, which is amazing, a much better idea.

Switching the FX via the remapped buttons on the controller (mapped to VDJ custom buttons colorfx) no longer turns them on or back to the standard filter when the button on the controller is turned off.

Any extra insight here would be appreciated before I spend a day rescripting.

Thank you.

发表时间 Mon 27 May 19 @ 6:57 am
Did we get any insight on the Filter changes?

发表时间 Sat 01 Jun 19 @ 9:14 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You should use filter_selectcolorfx and filter_activate instead.
This will ensure that default filter will be selected correctly as well.

发表时间 Sat 01 Jun 19 @ 9:20 am
other ways of selecting
filter_selectcolorfx -1
filter_selectcolorfx 'spiral'

发表时间 Sat 01 Jun 19 @ 10:09 am
Thank you. Everything's currently set up at venue so I'll be trying those at 3 in the morning. I have changed it from the custom buttons method already (using 1 of above) but the button doesn't work as an on/off switch. Pressing the button will change the Filter to the FX named in the mapping, pressing it again does nothing. For now I've mapped it as a press and hold to revert it back, as that's the script I know.

Ideally, Filter is standard, pressing FX assign 1 (Ch 1,2,3 or 4) turns the corresponding Filter to Distortion, LED activates, pressing the button again turns the Filter back to Filter, LED deactivates.

It's worth noting, we don't need top worry about (Ch 1,2,3, or 4), this happens automatically due to the nature of those buttons. I don't think it's possible to make button 1 be 1 FX for all filters, button 2 a different FX, for all filters button 3 etc.

We can use FX assign 2 (Ch 1,2,3 or 4) for a different FX, as well as a press and hold with LED blink, for the FX less likely to use, totalling 4 different FX for each individual Filter at the same time. I just need to learn how to make the mapping be an on and off, with off reverting to Filter.

I will add, I'm loving the improvements. Thank you to all involved and the VDJ community, I really appreciate it.

发表时间 Sat 01 Jun 19 @ 4:31 pm
Ok... I gave up with my plan and I'm now using

FX1_ASSIGN
holding ? filter_activate : filter_selectcolorfx +1

The holding part isn't really necessary but it's just in case the filter colorfx isn't turned on (isn't showing the text as white under the filter in VDJ) saves from having to go in VDJ to activate it. This took me a while to figure out whilst Djing.

Considering all them years we mixed with out a filter I didn't realise how much I'd miss it. Essential for fading out the track in the mix rather than fading it out. The strange "what the" in the mix is how I realised things had changed, "that didn't sound as it should! what's going on". Right clicking the filter to change it was the first thing I tried but it was an hour in before realising actually turning it on, clicking the tab (that goes green) turning the text to white from grey. I'd presumed selecting the desired FX for the Filter knob via the right click pop up menu was enough. Luckily it clicked before we filled up.

Now to figure out the LED's

发表时间 Mon 03 Jun 19 @ 8:17 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)