发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 5:19 pm
more specific question

when use controller in MIDI mode latency is really felt

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 5:33 pm

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 5:34 pm
Janis.Skrastins wrote :

when use controller in MIDI mode latency is really felt

Latency of what? The audio?

You shouldn't notice any latency with the MIDI transmission itself (the data) because it's very fast and you'd need to be sending a huge amount of data to notice a delay. It was originally designed for music recording and playback, and is more than capable of sending lots of note data before delays are noticeable.

What controller are you using?

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 5:43 pm
Ok, to me asked help with Behringer CMD DC-1.
In factory default all knobs is gruped 2 groups top and down and same with some buttons
I need attach different commnads to each knob and each button seperatly
one way is creat MIDI map, but I read MIDI mode has Latency, but I don't understud it's felt or not

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 6:13 pm
So you haven't actually experienced any latency yet?

Your earlier post reads as if you tried and had latency.

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 6:43 pm
nop it's only question

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 6:46 pm
As I pointed out, MIDI was originally designed for music, with synth keyboards for example.

A musician has ten digits [fingers + thumbs] and could use all ten when playing a keyboard. Ten notes could be sent at once.

How many knobs and buttons does a DJ employ simultaneously when he's using a controller?

It's unlikely that he would be pressing ten buttons at once, or moving ten faders or knobs.

In other words, I highly doubt that a DJ using a controller would send enough MIDI data to cause latency.

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 7:08 pm
thank you :)

发表时间 Mon 07 Aug 17 @ 7:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A decent resolution jog wheel can lag up on midi,
Especially motorised jogs, and true midi can introduce latency but for single unit use it will be negligible (more likely to come in to play with multiple hardware use)

HID is the future but midi is here to stay too.

I just wish the HW makers could knock their heads together and actually create a HID standard for dj controllers instead of all this proprietary nonsense.

发表时间 Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 4:30 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)