快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Karaoke info please - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

So I have a karaoke 90's-00 hip-hop birthday party coming up next weekend. I don't normally do karaoke but for anybody who's using the karaoke subscription can you tell me if there is a lot of 90's HIPHOP in the catalog?? If there is I'll just pay for a month and then quit it.

Thanks for any and all info

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 12:45 am
pretty sure you can search it without subscribing .. maybe i am wrong

i know you can with content unlimited.

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 12:48 am
Yeah just checked it out and it's pretty weak as far as hip hop goes.

Anybody got any other suggestions??

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 3:29 am
Is this a Karaoke group, or are they just doing as a novelty thing? The reason I ask this is because regular karaoke people are very serious. Is it all karaoke, or will you play regular tracks? Tis comes into play because, if it is a 4 hour gig, you can calculate how many songs you will need. You can figure 12 songs an hour or less, because even though most of the tracks are about 3 minutes, each singer will take up 6 to 7 minutes. Even so, you may have to sub this one out, or have a karaoke DJ with a library help you out.

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 4:36 am
Karaoke hip hop? So......they're gonna be rapping?

IMO hip hop tracks usually have an instrumental version available. Even if not, they're often made from loops of other tracks - so just use a loop for them to rap over! :-)

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 8:15 am
@AMAHM, lol no this is not a group this is more of a novelty thing. Nothing about this will be serious. I just figured I might as well try since VDJ does me tje access to an actual karaoke library plus it's support for the software I use.

@Groovin, yeah I've already busted my old hard drive of instrumentals.

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 11:25 am
How does just having the instrumental help, if you don't have the lyrics on a screen?

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 6:51 pm
Well IMO if they're going up to "perform" the track they should be familiar enough with it to not need lyrics. I certainly wouldn't want to do it without knowing the thing inside out. Also, isn't that what the lyric download option in VDJ is for?

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 7:33 pm
The whole concept of Karaoke is the lyrics on the screen. It's not just for the singer, who think they know the lyrics, but the audience to follow. The truth of the matter is, most of us do not know all of the words to our favorite songs. Nirvana, Michael Jackson, James Brown, made up words. Rappers, make up their own words, and even the English that they use is butchered.

There are 3 types of people that do Karaoke. The serious singers that are there every week, and can sing. They will know the words to their favorite tracks, but will also try something new. These people may even bring their own mic, ask you to change the key, and you better not try to mess with the order that they are in. The next is the fun people that always wanted to try, and some of them think that they can sing. If they sound terrible, everybody has a good laugh, because it's all about the fun aspect. Then there's the drunk, which should be 2 categories, the fun one, and the pain in the ass. One will give it a good try, may or may not sound good, but puts on a good show. The pain is there every week, and will disrupt the whole party.

However, the lyrics are a major part of the whole party. Despite the name of the song being "Mighty Quinn", I always thought they were saying "Mighty in the wind". How many people had to ask what did Michael Jackson say on a few of his songs? What the hell is "shamon"? Don't get me started with "Panda".

发表时间 Sun 18 Jun 17 @ 12:02 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
What the hell is "shamon"?

See Mavis Staples singing "I'll Take You There" in the 70s.

发表时间 Sun 18 Jun 17 @ 7:46 am
Ok so we got another Karaoke hip hop party coming up and I’ve just tried the lyric overlay VDJ has but it’s really not that great.

Is there a way I can add my own lyric file to the tracks??

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 4:07 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
It's not practical.

Set up a favorite folder in vdj to download songs into from the likes of Sunfly. You will find that some songs cannot be bought on the the internet but are available on YouTube. Hm..Firefox is a good web browser. Anyway with a combination of karaoke cu, video disco, and downloads you will manage. Just have a slow karaoke workflow. However you would not survive doing a proper karaoke night.

Note: You can try to find out what the singers want in advance and buy those songs.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 11:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
In the Video Editor on the lyrics tab you can use downloaded lyrics and adjust them if necessary, or use your own altogether.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 12:28 pm

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 12:51 pm
Adion wrote :
In the Video Editor on the lyrics tab you can use downloaded lyrics and adjust them if necessary, or use your own altogether.

Well I say it’s not that good because the results are either hit or miss or just plain wrong.

I grabbed Taylor Swift’s Shake it Off and it gave me a Taylor Swift song but it was definitely not Shake it off.

I mean if it can’t even get a song like that right, what’s really going on??

Where do the results come from??

And yeah I tried to adjust a few on my own but the timing was hard as hell to get right and my time is worth more then that, lol!!

Either way I just think the Karaoke companies are forgetting about Hiphop and rap music in general. Sure people wanna sing but there’s also people out here who could careless and just wanna be Run DMC for a night.....

And yeah Ron, I don’t do Karaoke because it’s a pain in the ass and I just don’t enjoy it hence the reason this is only my 3rd time doing this crap and you can bet your butt I’m taxing the hell out of um, Lmmfao!!

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 1:39 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm not being funny...you can buy and download songs fast and YouTube can help in a tight corner. Karaoke helps a dj to understand and communicate with the crowd. It will enhance you skill set as would mixing live artists. Be patient. Karaoke disco is different to a karaoke night and is an ideal start.
You are already a video master which all by itself will carry the day.

I might have misunderstood..you might want to create unique karaoke tracks?
Most singers even know the brand of track that they want!

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 2:46 pm
Thanks Ron, between what VDJ offers and KaraFun I’ll have everything covered I believe.

KaraFun has a ton of hiphop which is really what I need.

And I just printed off all 52 pages that VDJ has so that’ll help as well.

发表时间 Tue 02 Jan 18 @ 3:09 pm
Adion wrote :

Ok after further examination yes it does work well when adding your own lyrics. The finding of lyrics needs major work, I’m not sure where it auto generates from but it should be looked at because as it sits it’s nit good....

It can be a tedious process but the longest it took me was 30 minutes for a French Montana track, lmao!! And grabbing the very first verse is virtually impossible unless you add a space in the actual lyric section. Maybe this can be addressed in a future update??

So after spending a few hours tonight playing around I’m confident that I’ll be the ONLY HIPHOP karaoke DJ in town. It’s gonna take me a few weeks to get a lot of the hits from the 90’s and 2000’s done but it’ll be worth it in the end.

This is turning out to be quit badass!!

My next question is, I’ve edited a lot of videos tonight on my Windows machine, how do I transfer the vdjedits to my Mac?? Or is this even a possibility??

And Thanks gentlemen for all the help, most appreciated!!

发表时间 Wed 03 Jan 18 @ 5:29 am
Can I move vdjedits from one laptop to another and if so where are my edits stored??

发表时间 Wed 03 Jan 18 @ 3:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, you just need to copy both the vdjedit file and the source file(s) used to create it.
By default the vdjedit is stored in the same folder as the edited file, but you can always right-click and select open in explorer/finder to find it.

发表时间 Wed 03 Jan 18 @ 3:47 pm
87%