快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Reloop RP-8000 problems - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

When i have the pitch fader on the table in midi mode the on screen pitch fader does not match my turntables movements.

The onscreen fader will jump up sometimes 2,3 or 4 bpm ahead of what I want. Thus affecting my mix.

I can make a quick video showing this if needed.

Also when I have the turntables set to show the bpm they do not stay on the bpm when moving up or down, instead it switches to a % which is not what I'm trying to see.

And last but not least when changing the pad mode on the turntables it does not reflect on the skin. I'm using SliverSleek 3 if that matters.

Any insight would be nice...

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 12:58 am
And another thing,

When I have the brake speed set to the longest and hit the play/start button on my turntable to stop the deck the track does not slow or wind down like it's supposed to.

Instead it just stops instantly while the record is still turning.

Again any insight as to how to fix these problems would be greatly appreciated...

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 1:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
And last but not least when changing the pad mode on the turntables it does not reflect on the skin.

Indeed the unit needs a mapping update to include Pads and Pads pages. Will review the mapping tomorrow and answer to your other questions as well, since i ll have the unit in front of me.

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 4:37 am
As far as the pitch goes it seems like no matter what it follows the anolog signal Instead of the midi signal that's being sent.

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 10:51 am
This will explain it better

Clearly something is wrong between what VDJ is seeing from the turntable??

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 1:55 pm
Few questions, just to be able to reproduce here..

- Using Timecodes i suppose, right ? And mode is "Smart" ?
- Factory default mapping for the RP ?
- Does the pitch range on the RP match the one of VDJ (skin) ?
- If you chose to see the BPM on the RP instead of the pitch, do the values match (the one u see on the RP and the one VDJ shows) ?

EDIT. Perhaps the PITCH should't be mapped at all in TC. so instead of .. timecode_active ? pitch : nothing .. should be just nothing or the opposite ... timecode_active ? nothing : pitch
With TC i suppose the Pitch comes from the TC signal itself, thats why you get the "ghost" fader on the skin, because there are 2 things there that fight each other, one is the MIDI position of the fader (since its mapped as pitch) and the other one is the value coming from the TC signal.

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 5:14 pm
djdad wrote :
With TC i suppose the Pitch comes from the TC signal itself

Agreed. Huey, what (in VDJ) are you controlling from the turntable's pitch fader in MIDI mode?

You don't need to control pitch, because VDJ works that out from the timecode signal.

So turntable pitch (no MIDI) controls the motor/platter, the timecode sends its signal and VDJ calculates the playback speed from the frequency of the timecode.

Sending MIDI to control VDJ's pitch too would be a big no no.

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 5:40 pm
Well I saw it in the mapping so I tried it out and well you see the results.

I thought it weird as well but if they mapped it someone clearly had to tried it out before releasing it, right??

Now to answer Bobs questions,

- Using Timecodes i suppose, right ? And mode is "Smart" ?
Yes I use smart mode.

- Factory default mapping for the RP ?
Yup, I have changed nothing in the mapping.

- Does the pitch range on the RP match the one of VDJ (skin) ?
Yes they match.

- If you chose to see the BPM on the RP instead of the pitch, do the values match (the one u see on the RP and the one VDJ shows) ?
Yes they match but it flips between BPM and Percentage but I only wanna see the BPM, I don't mend the percentages to show at all.

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 6:32 pm
groovindj wrote :
djdad wrote :
With TC i suppose the Pitch comes from the TC signal itself

Agreed. Huey, what (in VDJ) are you controlling from the turntable's pitch fader in MIDI mode?

You don't need to control pitch, because VDJ works that out from the timecode signal.

So turntable pitch (no MIDI) controls the motor/platter, the timecode sends its signal and VDJ calculates the playback speed from the frequency of the timecode.

Sending MIDI to control VDJ's pitch too would be a big no no.

And I get what your saying but shouldn't they both match when they both are starting from 0??

The real question here is why is VDJ ghosting? Why are the pitch faders not matching? Clearly there is something wrong here, y'all don't agree??

They should match, I shouldn't be seeing the ghost fader jumping ahead or behind.....

Spin how you want but something is wrong here and in fact I believe Arnold uses the RP's pitch fader in midi mode in one of his videos and doesn't have any problems.

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 6:39 pm
Who's Arnold?

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 7:07 pm
https://youtu.be/d39wluFMQ0g

And yeah at around the 8 minute mark he does have this analog/midi issue with the pitch fader so I stand corrected.

And in this video I see how he's getting it to work, https://youtu.be/ltTcnh_rB20

He has setup buttons to disable the timecodes on the fly. But notice there's no ghosting going on......

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 7:38 pm
When TC is used, it doesnt make sense to enable the Midi mode for the extra Hardware Controls (such as Start/Stop, Pitch etc).. As per the manual, it only makes sense if for soem reason you need to use the TT as a pure Midi controller (kinda weird case though, anyways)...
http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/reloop/rp8000/layout/hardware.html
Will change the mapping so that when TC is enabled, the actions wont be triggered even if the Midi mode is enabled.

The pad modes and the pads will have significant changes in order to reflect on the Skin.
Huey, will send you test mapping files to test, once i am done (probably tomorrow)
BTW, make sure you have installed the latest firmware . I believe you have, but just in case.

As for the LCD display (BPM/Pitch), i am sure the BPM value is properly displayed, will check the Pitch as well, but there may be a conflict with the Pitch range or probably you need to disable the Midi mode for the Hardware controls for now.

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 8:24 pm

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 8:44 pm
Sounds good Bob and yeah that's him Groovin, lmao!!

发表时间 Tue 09 May 17 @ 9:20 pm
Well Bob I got your file but probably won't have time to test until next week sometime.

发表时间 Sat 13 May 17 @ 3:53 am
Well I should have some time tonight to a mess around with the 8000's but the more I think about it the more I don't like having them scroll through any pad page you have on your skin .

Reason being is there's no way to scroll through the pad pages from the turntables themselves which makes things kind a hard and throws off the flow .

So in my opinion I think that it should just be the cues loops sampler and slicer the way you have it but it should still reflect on the skin ??

发表时间 Mon 15 May 17 @ 3:46 pm
Also i think you should have all 8 button for the sampler not 6.

You could use a viriable where you press the encoder down and then the last 2 buttons will scroll through the sample banks.

发表时间 Wed 17 May 17 @ 4:49 pm
Ok so after having these badass tables for a little while I have come to the conclusion that these tables should not be connected to the pad pages.

Reason being, if someone has an external controller hooked the 2 conflict with each other.

So if I press the sample page on my SP1 it also changes on the tables which isn't always what I would want.

So can we get this changed back so that the 8000's only work with what's on the tables please??

And yes I know I had originally asked for it to work with Pad Pages but after working with them for awhile now it just doesn't seem natural that way, sorry.

发表时间 Sat 17 Jun 17 @ 4:53 pm
Well, the majority of the RP-8000 users will not have a side-device to trigger pads, as the units themselves offer this feature (especially with the updated mapper), so we ll leave the Pads support for the official mapping and will send you the old version by email (hope i still have that :) )

发表时间 Mon 19 Jun 17 @ 2:12 pm
But even if they don't have a side controller like I do how will they change the pad pages??

That was one of the major issues I couldn't get around.

There's no shift button on the 8000's.

The old way is much better in my opinion....

发表时间 Tue 20 Jun 17 @ 2:49 pm
63%