快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Rane sixty two midi issue...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I arrived at the club tonight, and hooked my laptop up to the equipment in the booth like I do every weekend. I use the same cables, same controllers, and same mixer every weekend. The setup is 2x CDJ-2000, Rane Sixty Two(gen 1), and a Traktor Kontrol F1. I have custom mapping on all 4 devices, but only 1 button mapped on the Rane(sampler pad_param 1 +1 is re-mapped to sync) I have had this same mapping scheme and controller setup for 2 months, and it has worked every weekend; until tonight. After I hooked up I noticed that when I moved the crossfader on the Rane, the skin didn't reflect the move, when I looked closer the hardware positions of none of the Rane knobs, faders, etc were displayed (greyed out) on the skin. I went into settings and the Rane Soundcard was recognized and the ASIO drivers were working fine. But the Rane was not recognized as a controller. I restarted Windows. Changed my USB cable connecting the Rane to my USB port. Restarted again. Unhooked all other devices except the Rane. Restarted. Nothing worked. The Rane worked fine as an external mixer, the channels were routed correctly, including the sampler. But 0 midi control. The only thing I didn't do was restart the Rane itself, as it was already being used to play my Spotify playlists on the computer in the booth(3.5mm out from PC to Session in on the Rane. But the Rane gets shut down every night anyway, and was just booted up 4 hours before I went on. All drivers are up to date, all fimware is latest version, nothing I can see has changed since last Saturday night when everything was working fine, unless a VDJ update came in. Any ideas? I have to play again tomorrow night and I would like to have my midi controls, and knob and fader positions on the skin back.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:55 am
6 hours 20 minutes til showtime... I'm thinking I boned.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:41 pm
Why not just use the Rane as an external mixer?

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:54 pm
That's what I had to do last night. But I use the loop and cue buttons on it all the time. I made another page on my Kontrol to control those functions, just in case no solution is found today. Still would like to figure out what has gone wrong.

发表时间 Sat 06 May 17 @ 8:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Start your computer and Vdj just with the Rane mixer connected and see if its detected as Midi.
Then plug cdjs and last the f1
Are you using a hub ? Try having the Rane pluuged to a usb port directly to your computer
Also try to re-install the Rane drivers

Any Windows update between your last 2 sessions , or any driver/application installed ?

发表时间 Sun 07 May 17 @ 9:58 am
I tried those exact steps, and it was still only recognized as a soundcard. I always have the Rane connected directly to my laptop, I only use a hub for the controllers and the wireless receiver for my trackball. I even tried every USB port on my laptop, and both ports on the mixer twice, with a different cable the second time, and rebooted in between each attempt. The problem continued during my set last night. I haven't installed any other software since I installed VDJ, I use that laptop for my gigs and nothing else, if I'm not doing a show, mapping, or practicing; it sits in my gig bag in my closet. I noticed 2 variables that persisted in the script after I got home this morning, when I was doing some additional mapping on the Kontrol; labeled @$Rane62TCA and @$Rane62TCB both held values of 0.000. Why would they still persist in the script after a reboot and no connection to the mixer? Another odd occurrence that has been going on since I started using that mixer; when my set is over I close VDJ, shut down windows, and unplug from the mixer, the next time I load VDJ afterwards (usually with my Pioneer controller connected at home) VDJ says it can't connect to the Rane soundcard and gets unresponsive until I can get into the audio settings and select the card in the controller or my internal card. I have another laptop with Serato installed I use for venues that are Serato snobs. I'll take it up to the club tomorrow before they open and see if it gets a midi connection. And I'll reinstall the Rane drivers on my main and take it along as well, I really didn't have much opportunity to troubleshoot either night this weekend, since the mixer was already hot when I arrived. Thanks for the advice.

发表时间 Sun 07 May 17 @ 2:32 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)