快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Action to reset all variables

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi!

I discovered that my variables "freeze" very often.
I don't know if it could be because my variables and scripts are very complicated or I'm pressing the buttons to fast one after another, but it happens really, really often and somehow there is no matter on which device or which of those variables it is...

Sometimes I can solve it by programming a custom button to reset this specific variable (and this script keeps growing everytime)...
But this procedure loses effect if I don't know which variable is frozen.
So I have to restart Virtual DJ during the set.

Could you PLEASE(!!!) implement an action that resets all variable?

For Example:
deck 1 var_reset
or
var_reset "Pioneer CDJ2000" 2 (The device and "2" stands for the deck) or something like that...
Or even all the variables running at this time.

PLEASE!

发表时间 Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 2:20 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I don't think you could have this, well you could but, many skins would revert to default, a couple of my plugins use variables [lazy coding on my part for a couple, but the routine plugin would get silly like 30 buttons silly if they didn't]
I've had a shift variable stick I have 2 bits of hardware and the buttons I use for shift have the standard shift script and then a variable "$shift" so I can press either shift button and the other bit of gear is in a shifted state,

like you I have a custom so I can see if the variable has stuck and can be reset from that button too, I believe the cause is pressing 2 buttons that call conflicting scripts at the same time, just like mashing two hotcues with slip mode on, or mashing 2 key move while pressed at the same time

I assume you are aware of the var_list script,
I'd be up for a deck x repeat_stop_all script,

try find a re creatable method to cause a stick and post the [probably more than 1] button scripts here, we can work out if anything could be reworked or perhaps add in some error checking with a visual

发表时间 Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 3:21 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Do you make sure each script's got his unique-named vars ? It might save some conflicts ?

发表时间 Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 7:23 pm
locodog wrote :
I don't think you could have this, well you could but, many skins would revert to default, a couple of my plugins use variables [lazy coding on my part for a couple, but the routine plugin would get silly like 30 buttons silly if they didn't]

- You are right on this one, and I thought about that, too. So that's why I thought it would be possible if the "variable kill" happens only on the devices or maybe if it chronologically kills the last variable that got set...

locodog wrote :

I've had a shift variable stick I have 2 bits of hardware and the buttons I use for shift have the standard shift script and then a variable "$shift" so I can press either shift button and the other bit of gear is in a shifted state

I had the shift variable stuck also yesterday...
Could you explain that more detailed to me?

locodog wrote :

I am aware of theach var_list...
But I don't understand what you mean with the deck x repeat_stop_all script since it don't works on regular variables... Or am I wrong?

locodog wrote :

try find a re creatable method to cause a stick and post the [probably more than 1] button scripts here, we can work out if anything could be reworked or perhaps add in some error checking with a visual

Mostly it happens by pressing the buttons to fast one after another... I tried to recreate it, but it just happens kinda accidentally...
I'll try again...

发表时间 Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 8:02 pm
Fruit wrote :
Do you make sure each script's got his unique-named vars ? It might save some conflicts ?

Yes, they all got unique var-names...
Even the repeat-actions have got unique ones. :)

发表时间 Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 8:06 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
locodog wrote :
I've had a shift variable stick I have 2 bits of hardware and the buttons I use for shift have the standard shift script and then a variable "$shift" so I can press either shift button and the other bit of gear is in a shifted state,

You could also use "deck all shift" for that

Edit: Nevermind, you can't check/change shift on other controllers that way.

发表时间 Fri 09 Dec 16 @ 9:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
andy-chiles wrote :
locodog wrote :

- You are right on this one, and I thought about that, too. So that's why I thought it would be possible if the "variable kill" happens only on the devices or maybe if it chronologically kills the last variable that got set...

I'll ponder on this, there's a couple of things that custom buttons can do that aren't documented, they only come into play at the real deep end of scripting, which it sounds like you are & will get; PM in a day or two [pos 3]

andy-chiles wrote :
locodog wrote :

I've had a shift variable stick I have 2 bits of hardware and the buttons I use for shift have the standard shift script and then a variable "$shift" so I can press either shift button and the other bit of gear is in a shifted state

I had the shift variable stuck also yesterday...
Could you explain that more detailed to me?

I'll try, [as I'm not sure how it went wrong]
my set up is a 4 channel controller and a lauchpad, as I said the "shift" script doesn't carry across hw, so to make it work, the shift buttons are given a global var "$shift" while_pressed, every query like below is append like further below

shift ? A : B

shift ? A : var "$shift" ? A : B
[my brain has just told me if I invert the queries then "&&" would save some typing, again, I'll ponder that]
So anyway I think it went wrong with shift held on the launchpad, a button pressed on the controller, the action called changed the launchpad page, which changed the shift on the launchpad, so as far a v8 saw it, shift on the pad wasn't released ['twas all a bit frantic at the time]

once I spotted something wasn't right I made a custom just to toggle "$shift" and when $shift is engaged the button is lit so I can spot when it's stuck
[yet to work out an error check for this but I'm sure it can be done]

andy-chiles wrote :
locodog wrote :

I am aware of theach var_list...
But I don't understand what you mean with the deck x repeat_stop_all script since it don't works on regular variables... Or am I wrong?

just a wish of mine, set 3 repeating scripts up that interact with each other and when it goes wrong, like you and your var wish you just want to stop everything and regain control, [sadly a update stopped me seeing the var list contents, ( I now use pad pages to show certain var values)

andy-chiles wrote :
locodog wrote :

Mostly it happens by pressing the buttons to fast one after another... I tried to recreate it, but it just happens kinda accidentally...
I'll try again...

yeah do that,[story - gripe] when mashing hotcues with slipmode on it's well annoying to lose the real slip position, I suppose that's a unavoidable midi artificial, if you learn the nuances then it can be a useful thing [even keyboard only I make keys stick [on purpose] to "hack" a macro

END
I'll get back to you soon about the custom buttons thing, but the basics are you can just invent a custom button even if you can't see it, can't remember exactly but try edit custom button 1337, the box pops up. Now think about using custom buttons in your long scripts, especially multiquery scripts, you can put part of your long script on a custom button and instead, of calling all your script from one button press, your one button calls several custom buttons [really really handy for spaghetti scripts]

the other thing [really outside the box thinking] vdj doesn't have a direct way to save strings to be recalled later, however you can give a custom button a string name and recall that button name much later [could be visible or invisible]

anywho drinking time

发表时间 Sat 10 Dec 16 @ 12:35 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)