快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

话题: Mic + Music to play together

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi

I'm having trouble getting my microphone (Rode Podcaster) to stream at the same time as my music (talking over it). I can't seem to get the settings right - I've got a Soundblaster Z - and it's been driving me nuts for weeks.

Podcaster is USB, and a cable is plugged in the headphone socket of the microphone into the line-in on the soundcard.

I've briefly made it work - but it screeches and it's got a lot of echo (at best.)

Anyone know of a workaround, or what settings I should be using in Virtual DJ to make it work?

Thanks!

发表时间 Sat 25 Jun 16 @ 4:01 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
That setup sounds wrong to me for some reason.

If you have a usb mic, then usb is where you plug it in.

Not sure why you are plugging it in again through the mic/line in jack of your computer.

It's possible that you are getting a squeal because of feedback.

In the sound settings of your computer, make sure that sound isn't outputting from your laptop speakers or the option... if you have it... is selected to set the mic to ignore sound from your laptop speakers.

If the mic is sensitive, it would be like putting your mic next to your PA speaker.

Sound comes out of the speaker, in the mic, out of the speaker, into the mic, infinity.

The sound goes through faster and faster until it gets that squealing sound.

Or did I misunderstand your question?

发表时间 Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 6:11 am
I've kinda fixed it I think, by removing the cable between the headphone jack on the Rode Podcaster and the mic in socket on the soundblaster Z, and there's no feedback now which is good.

New problem is, when I broadcast, I can hear it all well and good, but listeners can't hear a thing. Even with the master volume in the mixer at 100%, nothing is coming through. Why is that?

发表时间 Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 12:25 pm
Even further now, I can get music through to broadcast, but when I use the mic there is still feedback, and can hear myself - which isn't ideal.

Going to add a screenshot of the settings to get a clearer idea so someone might know what i'm doing wrong.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 5:52 pm
If you're getting feedback (a loud squealing sound) then your speakers are too close to your mic, and the mic is picking up the sound, amplifying it again and sending it back to the speakers. Solution = move your speakers further away, turn them down or use headphones.

Surely you want to be able to hear yourself when you speak? Otherwise, how do you judge levels?

It's normal practice for broadcast DJs to a) wear headphones and b) be able to hear themselves in the headphones.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 8:31 pm
I know what you mean, it is standard practice.

I'm having the same issues, regardless if i've got headphones on or not, it's not a massive hissing, just this annoying humming sound in the background.

I've used really rubbish software in the past (Winamp et al) and not had this problem, regarding distance away from the speakers (feedback) or else. So i'm not sure what's causing it here.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 9:57 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016
If you go to the sound options of your computer, is the mic turned on?

Look under the recording tab and make sure that your levels are up and it's not on mute. On the main tab, when you talk, you should see a level meter moving. If not, something is muted or turned way down.

发表时间 Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 2:20 am
A background humming sound is not feedback.

You might have a ground loop.

发表时间 Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 4:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)