快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

话题: Disabling beatmatching

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djtompicControlleristMember since 2016
I am using the option for dual decks playback in automix mode so I can preset the pitch before a song starts to play. However, once a song ends and another starts to play, the predetermined pitch position either gets reset to zero, or it moves to the same position of the previous playing deck. No matter what settings I use (beatmatch=no, reset pitch=no, pitch lock off), I cannot get full manual control over the pitch sliders in automix mode. In fact on occasion the pitch will change on it's own when not in automix and manually loading songs on the decks. Very frustrating. Anyone know how to completely disable beatmatching or whatever causes the software to move the pitch controls on it's own?

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 1:31 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Any of the Fade Automix types will do what you want, as long as the AutoBPMmatch setting is set to No.

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 2:09 am
The software still resets the pitch either to zero or to position of slider used on another deck with no rhyme or reason. And regardless of what fade mode is selected in Automix. The only way I can get the software to stop moving the pitch controls is by selecting in Automix type = None (back to back) which just loads songs on the deck but does not autoplay. This setting pretty much defeats Automix.
I tried using various settings on 2 different Pc's, same problem. Pitch sliders keep resetting. IMHO the setting for disabling AutoBPMmatch is not working as it should.

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 3:24 am
AutomixBeamatchOnFade is set to no or yes? try putting it at no

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 4:13 am
AutomixBeamatchOnFade was set to no.

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 5:29 am
I'm sure it's a setting cause i don't see it here. Search for the word 'pitch'

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 10:25 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
please check these settings also:

smartPlay ( try set it to NO )
resetPitchOnLoad ( try also NO )

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 16 @ 10:58 am
I DJ for Latin dance events. It's not cool when the tempo changes on it's own. If this is caused by some setting, it's not obvious.
So I reset all settings back to default and then changed the settings again as recommended. No dice.
Here are my settings again:
SmartPlay =NO
masterTempo =Yes
autoPitchRange =No
autoBPMMatch =No
resetPitchOnLoad = NO
pitchLock =NO
timepitchSliderIgnoreBend =Yes
autoBeatMatchOnFade =No

For those who are kind enough to help me here, the problem is most visible when the setting in automix/automixDualDeck=Yes. While in automix, I preset the pitch slider on the non-playing deck loaded song. This does not effect the pitch on the current playing song. Now, once the song begins playing on the deck with the preset pitch, the pitch slider immediately gets reset, typically to the exact position of the previous playing deck pitch position. It's like beatmatch is still active.

Any other ideas what might be causing the software to move the pitch sliders? I just need full manual control.

发表时间 Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 12:22 am
I had to read your posts once again, in order to understand what you seek for.

As far as i understand, what you ask is not possible at the moment. What you ask, and correct me if i am wrong, is basically a new Automix mode that will work like this..
- Track is playing at 120 bpm.
- Manually set the BPM of the next song (using the Pitch slider) to any value but apparently not to 120 bpm.
- You expect the software to automatically mix those 2 tracks at the set tempo values (different ones) even if the result will not sound well

Questions :
- Why are you using Automix, if you want to manually control and adjust the tempo of the tracks ? Since you manually set the tempo of the tracks, you are in front of your computer and mixing. Automix is meant to temporary replace you and provide a decent mix between tracks.
- On what kind of cases would a DJ want a software to mix 2 tracks that don't have the same tempo? Dont you think that the result will mostly sound "awful" ?
- If you agree that 2 tracks with different tempo cannot be properly mixed (in most cases), why then dont you use the Back to Back type ?

If you provide us more details and explain the case(s) someone would want such an Automix type, please use the Wishes and New Features forum to post your request.

发表时间 Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 1:09 am
Good question. Not everyone DJ has the need to mix tracks, period. Or perhaps nothing more than fade one song to another with a second or two of silence. Salsa dancers absolutely hate DJ's mixing their dance music, and for multiple reasons. If you don't believe, please google the topic for confirmation.

So does that mean I can't use automix aka autoplay? Why does automix force me to use beatmatch? I'd also like to add, the software on occasion moves the pitch sliders while I manually load songs on the decks. autoBPMMatch =No, shoud be just that. No beatMatch. Software is not wanting to do this.

What I am asking here is quite simple. Shut off beatmatching. Why can't this otherwise amazing piece of software do such a simple task?

发表时间 Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 1:25 am
Fair enough. Please post your request to the wishes Forum for our records.

发表时间 Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 1:30 am
I have an idea. Why don't you download winamp ? You can set the settings to fade in and out and it doesn't change your tempo. I mean at the end of the day that is what you really need. I use a program like winamp at a residency i have once a week at a strip club. Works fine for me there. Virtual Dj is too much for a job like that but not a bad idea to have a setting like that added at the wishlist section. Once you make your post there I'll go comment and support it.

发表时间 Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 1:49 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Tempo not changing is exactly what will happen with the settings provided, that's why the pitch is reset to 0%, since it expects to play the song at the normal tempo.
For full manual control, at the moment you'll have to move the crossfader yourself as well.

发表时间 Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 7:34 am
What I mean by resetting pitch, the software over rides the preset pitch slider position to where the opposite deck pitch slider is positioned. I really wish it wouldn't because this is the best software I have found to do everything else.

发表时间 Wed 17 Feb 16 @ 9:49 pm
I just tested this the improvements made on the latest version of VDJ8.1. Very excited to discover it is now possible (using the settings above) to gain complete manual control over pitch slider adjustments during automix without the software moving them. I am very impressed with the responsiveness of the software team. Thank you.

发表时间 Sun 20 Mar 16 @ 2:22 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)