快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

话题: Summed Mono Output Question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

General question here that I cannot find an answer to...
In the audio settings, when someone sets the output of a deck to a single channel, say, Out 1 (mono) for example. Are the left and right channels summed or will only one side or another play.

Not to poison the well but (I hope) it seems that the audio is summed but I can't find a good enough audio example to test it. It's pretty important because I do a significant amount of classic rock gigs and I could have swore a few weeks ago I was missing a part of the song (could be wrong)...so I am hoping someone can give a definitive answer.

Not sure it makes a difference (may be superfluous info) but I have my system setup to output to one channel in the settings when exits my controller's sound card via a single output cable to a speaker management controller which then outputs to 4 QSCs hopefully summed mono...

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 1:13 am
So just created an mp3 where drums were panned all the way to the left and piano to the right... And yes for those not in the know (like me) setting a single output does sum the left and right channels.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 2:45 am
I have a clip that plays the right (vocal) and left (DRUMS) channels created in Audacity. When I finish setting up, I always play it to test all connection are good that it is indeed playing RIGHT and LEFT (MONO (combined) or STEREO).

Just a routine that I do.

发表时间 Wed 06 Jan 16 @ 4:37 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)