快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: S-C-R-I-P-T-S

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

kenyilm wrote :
Make tutorials like the other softwares companies for the new features on every update you make
on the software thats gonna help a lot for example how to use Shazam and Genius new features come with 8.1

This has been a continual request by many DJ's over the past many months (and years?) and is
continually ignored by Atomix! It is a no brainer. Atomix caters to solving problems for a select
few Pros who have very specific needs that 99% of the average DJ's will never use, but they ignore
simple basic requests like documenting their software in detail and putting ALL of the
information in ONE place. This would vastly benefit the other 99% of less sophisticated users ....
and, listen to this Atomix, it would generate more revenue for you as the users might be more
inclined to buy updated licenses because they can more easily understand how to use the software
and make it work better for them.

Atomix answers almost every user technical question with: ... "write a script" ... yet steadfastly refuses
to thoroughly document that process in writing. The user manual hasn't been updated in years.

I don't like to harp on problems without offering potential solutions so here goes ...

1) The scripting process should be covered thoroughly, and neatly outlined in detail in the user manual (it is not)!

2) Write a supplemental manual as an addendum, specifically addressing every aspect of scripts ...
a) definition of scripts
b) how scripts are used,
c) list of ALL script commands with their options and variables
d) examples, examples, examples ...
e) Most Importantly ... Update this addendum every time a new script feature is added or changed.

3) I have an idea ... how about a separate forum topic on SCRIPTS and nothing but scripts?
(which is why I started this thread)

One last note: It seems that Atomix almost goes out of their way to ignore users who are attempting to
enhance their product or make it more usable for others. An example of this is, when I wrote a couple of scripts
a few months ago (with the help from a few knowledgeable DJ's on this forum) I contacted the staff and asked
where I could post these scripts for other users to see and use ... No response ... I was ignored!

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 5:46 pm

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 10:09 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You've already posted this in another thread in this forum.

Please don't multipost :)

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 10:36 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)