快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: How to remove a Song from a deck
I know this may seem simple, but it is a basic normal operation, and I cannot find how to do this anywhere in the Virtual DJ (7)

I want to simply delete a song from a deck, without playing it. Just remove it and leave nothing in that deck.

Bob

发表时间 Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 5:40 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
press and hold the stop button.

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 12:06 am
I try that, but all it does is stop/pause the cut. It still remains in the window for that deck. It does not remove that from the deck window.

Thanks,
Bob

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 10:47 am
It depends on the skin you're using. Not every skin uses a hold action on the stop button.

I personally can't see the need for unloading a deck. If you decide not to play the track, just load another one.

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 11:52 am
I am using the default skin. Why would I want to load another song in a deck that I am NOT using? It loads a playlist in one deck, and if the song is in the other deck, I want it cleared, so no mistakes get played. In the real world this would equate to taking the disk off the turntable. Simple as that. And this program can't do that??

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 2:55 pm
Right click on the pause button and hold. When released, the deck is cleared (VDJ 7 default skin).

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 4:02 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Map a button with Action “unload“

发表时间 Fri 10 Jul 15 @ 4:12 pm
Yeah, it's kind of weird, but there is no way in VDJ 7.x to remove a track from a deck right "out-of-the-box". This was also driving me crazy until I followed the advice of the "veterans" - map keyboard commands to clear the deck(s). You actually need to map two commands - one for each deck. I created mine using the key command Alt + L for the left deck and Alt + R for the right deck. If you use a MIDI controller recognized by VDJ, you can also map buttons to do the same job. Mapping is fairly easy once you get one "under your belt".

Here's how to map keyboard commands:

1. Access the mapping option in Config >Settings > Mappers.
2. Click on the Key field in the list of commands box to sort the existing (default) key commands alphabetically. You can either pick an existing key command of something you would never use, or you can create a new key command not listed.
3. Under the Action-Learn field, enter:
deck left unload (for clearing the left deck)
4. In the Key-Learn field, enter the key commands you want to use for the action (say Alt + L) and click OK.
5. Under the Action-Learn field, enter:
deck right unload (for clearing the right deck)
6. In the Key-Learn field, enter the key commands you want to use for the action (say Alt + R) and click OK.
7. Close the Settings window. Verify that the new commands do what you programmed them to do.

Have fun "clearing the decks"!

发表时间 Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 10:05 pm
groovindj wrote :
Right click on the pause button and hold. When released, the deck is cleared (VDJ 7 default skin).

Well done! Thank you!

发表时间 Sun 27 May 18 @ 11:54 pm
There is a symbol button arrow pointing up to unload

发表时间 Fri 16 Apr 21 @ 5:04 pm
PHPNUKES is right there is an up arrow that will unload but only when you switch to PRO layout.

发表时间 Sat 28 May 22 @ 1:10 am