快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

话题: Spout for Virtual DJ - Page: 9
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
PRESTIGE SONORISATION wrote :
Hello everyone and happy new year 2021!

Silly question:
with the Spout plugin for VirtualDJ, is there a way to view a PowerPoint in virtualDJ?

You would need something to capture the PowerPoint first. You can either use the NDI "Scan Converter" found in the NDI tools installer. https://ndi.tv/tools/

Or you can use the vMix Desktop Capture app found here. https://www.vmix.com/software/download.aspx

Those options will screen capture your PowerPoint. Then perhaps you can use the Spout to NDI app to convert NDI to Spout. I say perhaps because I use it for turning Spout into NDI all the time. I don't normally go the other way. Found here: https://leadedge.github.io/

Along with the VDJ Spout plugins being discussed here, to capture the Spout Sender into VDJ. You would be using the "Spout Receiver" plugin https://github.com/leadedge/SpoutVDJ

发表时间 Wed 13 Jan 21 @ 10:03 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Correction on the "Spout to NDI", I now see there are two EXEs in the kit. You would need the "NDI to Spout.exe" to take the NDI capture, and convert it to Spout for the VDJ plugins.

发表时间 Wed 13 Jan 21 @ 11:14 pm
Nicotux -

if we use [strncmp(n, " master", 7)] will it detect all combinations of Master or do we need to look for "deck Master" as well?

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 12:01 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Everything depends totally on the name given by the sender
I used "VDJSpoutReceiver" or the name of the DLL as a base and " deck n"... n being numeric or one of Master Aux Sampler Mic, possibly adding "_Release" or other busses name
- but i think older versions were not adding "deck" for text decks Master ...
"Master" is special case because it do not have to be received by any deck

the 7 is important to get everything after ignored ( will match " master" " master_Release" " master_V.Source" ...)
.... it's not really important, because a loop in video will only show nothing usable

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 12:58 am
OK I will use both and make sure the sender plugin base name always matches.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jan 21 @ 3:05 am
New problem to solve!

I've just tried the 2007 Spout plugins to send NestDrop to VDJ.

VDJ is displaying the NestDrop previews rather than the main output window.

If I move my mouse over the previews in the main NestDrop software, VDJ displays each one as I move over it, and continues to display it if I move the mouse away. It should of course be displaying whatever visual is in the NestDrop output window.

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 2:18 am
It sounds like a possible issue with NestDrop Spout output
Does NestDrop expose multiple senders ?
(in which case VDJSpoutReceiver can auto select the wrong one until a specific sender is explicitly selected)
but it do not have to change by itself once it is using one sender

EDIT: How do the DEMO receiver deal with NestDrop ?

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 2:36 am
There could be a potential problem. NestDrop also uses the concept of Decks, so the output is typically "NestDrop Deck 1". My tests have shown no trouble with that, but I have not tried to send at the same time or use VirtualDJ to it's full extent. To trace this I need a step-by-step instruction to reproduce.

Meanwhile I have made another release, and from now on future releases will follow the same changes.

After feedback from testing, the latest release v2008 is here :

https://github.com/leadedge/SpoutVDJ/releases/tag/v2008

There have been no changes to rendering function since the testing.

Plugin names have been renamed to SpoutSender and SpoutReceiver to be more simple and easy to identify in the plugin lists. Delete any exiting files VDJSpoutSender64.dll and VDJSpoutReceiver64.dll.

SpoutSender still creates the same sender names (VDJSpoutSender64 deck etc.). SpoutReceiver is built as an overlay plugin and includes an overlay thanks to Nicotux.

SpoutReceiver.dll is copied as usual to "Visualisations" but can also be copied to "VideoEffect" if necessary. If this makes identification difficult for you in the different lists, rename the plugin files as you like.

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 6:35 am
Groovindj : I just tried NestDrop again and can't reproduce what you find. For me there is no Spout output until I click on a preset and get a red dotted outline around it. Just moving over the preset does nothing. Can you make a bulletproof step-by-step process that always does what you describe.

The demo spout receiver program only sees the main NestDrop output, that is the output of separate window with the blue-green icon. Start up the demo receiver and see whether you detect the previews as well as the main output.

Edit :
Also what version or NestDrop are you using?
Settings cog-wheel > General - version is at the bottom.

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 7:08 am
OK so problem solved. The Spout Receiver exe also showed the previews - but more importantly the info on screen told me it was receiving from ND_live_preview. Right click allowed me to select a sender, and NestDrop Deck 1 was listed.

Select that and all is well. I don't believe the VDJ receiver has such an option.

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 8:55 am
It seems like I have to switch the source using the receiver every time I want to use the setup.

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 10:11 am
The string parameter containing name of the sender was implemented quickly for debugging purposed
It now shows only but is not yet used at init (not implemented)
thus yes it needs to specify every time for now

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 10:59 am
Groovindj - you say that the demo Spout Receiver also showed the previews. But I see only "NestDrop Deck 1". I don't see "ND live preview". It could have something to do with the program setup. What version of NestDrop are you using? I can contact the developer but I think they need to know a little more if we can help with that.

Meanwhile, you can also select the source to receive using the VDJ SpoutReceiver plugin controls. You will see a "Sender" button. Click it and you should see the sender selection dialog.

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 12:56 pm
I'm using the Midnight version, so it might be an extra feature.

I didn't know the Sender button was for selecting the input. Maybe it should be called 'input select' or 'select source' to avoid confusion?

发表时间 Sun 17 Jan 21 @ 1:46 pm
I contacted the developer who explained that the live preview can take some time to load and the NestDrop UI window has to have focus. If the "NestDrop Deck 1" sender window has focus during load, the previews do not start up. If you change focus to the NestDrop UI window, the previews start and will subsequently work even if focus is changed back to the "NestDrop Deck 1" sender window.

So the user has to specifically select "NestDrop Deck 1" as the sender to receive. Once the receiver has connected, it will not switch to any of the previews. This applies to all receivers, not just the plugin.

It would be possible to exclude receiving from "ND_live_preview" because the plugin already excludes receiving from itself. It's a bit unusual to adapt a VirtualDJ plugin to one particular application but it could be done. Although this will have to wait due to my commitments right now.

Meanwhile, selecting "NestDrop Deck 1" will work OK and there is a separate community for questions about this software.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NestDrop/

发表时间 Mon 18 Jan 21 @ 1:08 am
The string containing the "last sender used" is loaded at start of the plugin from .ini file
actually if the sender is up, the plugin do not use it as default sender
that would be fine
even if not a solution when sender is off when plugin starts it may help in other cases
specially with video and source which have both a specific .ini file

发表时间 Mon 18 Jan 21 @ 1:20 am
Wouldn't that prevent receiving from something you wanted?
There might be other possibilities that I am looking into so that the plugin would not need to be modified.

发表时间 Mon 18 Jan 21 @ 5:41 am

发表时间 Sun 28 Feb 21 @ 4:42 am
HrohhhHome userMember since 2020
It is normal, that video screen from VDJ ( Master Video -> SpoutSender effect active ) to Receiver is little bit blurry? Thank you

发表时间 Tue 20 Jul 21 @ 7:14 pm
HrohhhHome userMember since 2020
I figure out. I have to click on video to fullscreen, than right click and minimize. Now I have clear pixel image.

发表时间 Wed 21 Jul 21 @ 7:40 am