快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: Keylock, pitch quality

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi everyone,

Recently I bought a version of virtualdj 8 for my Hercules dj Console Rmx. Its one of those per controller licences. Anyway the initial program seemed nice and solid and yeah way less buggy than previous versions. I am also a user of Traktor pro. I had some testing done on both in terms of all functionality, sound etc etc. They both behave similar although virtual dj 8 is a new program that surprised me with its starting up and loading procedure. Top marks to that Atomix! I love the feature with pitch control where it adjusts a song to a specific speed gradually (rather than instant like in traktor pro), but the problem that I have encountered was with when keylock is engaged. The residual sound artefacts show up. It sounds like a song has been pushed through a pipe. Not constantly, rather random but it is there through the period of time when a track is played. Stability of the sound is present though. Now I have seen somewhere on the virtualdj posts that the picth quality needs to be changed from 2 to 1. Yes it helped, as the sound ended up being as true as possible to it original. But if I pitch up or down a little bit further it starts to break and the beats in the track end up being uneven. With traktor I do experience that as well but way less to virtualdj8. Now I know some of you would say its to do with quality of the track or a type of a comp. But I ended up testing it on a tracks that were mp3, wav, ogg, m4a 41000 and 48000 quality etc etc. They all sound the same. I have 3 types of computers. A Pentium 4 2.ghz with 1 tb hdd and 4 gb of ram, Laptop acer extensa 5620 with 250hdd and 4 gb of ram (which I use the most for dj-ing), and a brand new laptop hp quad core 2 ghz (I think) 500gb of hdd and 8 gb of ram. Again I tried it, installed it and artefacts do show up. Mind you I did test the Hercules dj console rmx and it worked better on traktor pro 2. I just wanted to know is there a way this can be fixed? Does anyone have the same issue? can it be fixed, is there a future update for a problem? Will Atomix get into getting the most of keylock feature and quality of pitch? Currently I am on setting 1 for a pitch quality and that is just ok so far but the track will end up unstable if you change the pitch even at 1.5% up or down. I still do like the software a lot. I don't want to downgrade to 7 (and to buy it). I want to stick with what I have but improvements to be done in future updates. If Atomix resolves the problem in the future with keylock I will buy the pro version without any hesitation. For now I have to wait and hope.

Aleks

发表时间 Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 9:16 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Actually, pitch quality 2 should give the best mastertempo quality, whereas pitch quality 1 can have slightly more artefacts, but is more accurate for scratching.

发表时间 Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 9:28 am
I always have master tempo on and if I have the pitch quality set at '0' or '1' then I notice the sound artefacts that you mention. On my sysetm I have the pitch quality set at '2' and there is no problem with the sound quality but there are some glitching sounds. This is an ongoing issue which a few other users have mentioned but as of yet it hasn't been addressed.

发表时间 Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 10:50 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Wrong forum - sorry...

发表时间 Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 8:11 pm
To Adion

something wrong with pitch quilt y on 1 & 2 there is a glitch when scratching on o this glitch does not happen but the sound quilty is not good i use timecode vinyl sl3 box please look at this issue thank u.I been complaining about this for 3 months now

发表时间 Fri 06 Feb 15 @ 10:17 pm
I guess we have to stick with what we have for considerable time until they find the way to minimise the artefacts. I spoke to one of djs in the store where I buy equipment and he explained it perfectly. It's an ongoing thing for Dj software. Traktor has done a little bit about it but in turn it became resource hungry for laptops and comps. Ah well will just have to wait for future updates of virtual Dj 8 I guess...

发表时间 Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 4:37 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
With pitchQuality set to 2 the results should be very similar to traktor however.

发表时间 Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 9:08 pm
Yeah results are very similar.... Ah well let's wait and see.

发表时间 Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 10:34 pm
Ok t1 is just as much the same as virtual dj 8 but t2 I can't notice it unless if I go above 5%, than the artefacts show up. Hmmm. Anyway just worth to mention.

发表时间 Sat 07 Feb 15 @ 11:14 pm
I just had a gig last night and I noticed the same awful artifacts as everyone else here. All of the KeyLock algorithms in Virtual DJ have their drawbacks. 0 and 1 have audible artifacts and glitching. It got so bad at my gig last night that I had to slide the pitch back to zero just to remedy the situation. Keylock setting 2 has less artifacts but squashes the sound of the audio and kills a lot of the high frequency information almost as if a gentle low pass fillter has been turned on. Keylock 0 and 1 do not degrade the high or low but they introduce terrible artifacts in the sound at both + and - pitch adjustments.

The KeyLock that is as near to perfect as anything I've ever used is the Phase Voc. algorithm NI used in Traktor DJ Studio 3. I can't find one company including Native Instruments that will consider using the Phase Voc. algorithm though and I wish I knew why. I've tested that Algorithm over literally hundreds of gigs ever since I went digital in 2007. It's virtually flawless and does not intoduce extreme artifacts or squash the sound the way the 0, 1 and 2 algorithms in Virtual DJ do. I hope the devs at Atomix take a look and revisit the Phase Voc. algorithm as to this day it's the best and most consistent Algorithm I've ever used.

发表时间 Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 4:06 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)