快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: LAN capabilities

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Would it be possible for vdj to play songs via a LAN connections.

So you could use the basic browser features of vdj, including your history, playlists and samples etc, and play the audio via LAN connection.

So you would have a system similar to the Pioneer Rekordbox setup.

发表时间 Sun 25 Jan 15 @ 6:58 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You'd need something on the other end of the LAN connection to actually output the audio though - what device would you be using?

发表时间 Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 11:42 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Hell, a LAN midi clock (maybe not midi but similar) Several Laptops, team djing + a separate VJ

发表时间 Mon 26 Jan 15 @ 12:04 pm
I've got a Pioneer cdj 2000 nexus setup with a Pioneer djm900 srt mixer.

The main benefit for me, would be the ability to have 2 laptops connected at the same time.
At the moment I am running one laptop connected via usb running vdj, and the backup laptop running rekordbox via LAN.

But it would be ideal if both laptops could run vdj by LAN at the same time.

发表时间 Tue 27 Jan 15 @ 7:25 am
djservices wrote :
But it would be ideal if both laptops could run vdj by LAN at the same time.

You mean the two laptops running synced via LAN?

发表时间 Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 2:22 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I do. I'm not sure about services

发表时间 Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 2:51 pm
I would be happy for both laptops to run independently, and not be synced. My main reason for 2 laptops, is to have one as a backup.

But, imagine if you could have multiple laptops connected at the same time. It would allow smooth change overs between djs in a club environment. Or for 2 djs to play back to back. It would open up more possibilities.

发表时间 Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 3:24 pm
Right, so the syncing thing aside, I'm confused as to what you mean by running over the LAN then.

What are they doing over the LAN?

A LAN doesn't produce any audio, so you need a device to do that.

If you're talking about outputting to the CDJs via LAN then you might as well use Rekordbox - all it's doing is providing an NFS server for the CDJs to browse, which then effectively loads the file from the computer. It's not suitable for use with VDJ since the software has no information or control over or from the players.

发表时间 Wed 28 Jan 15 @ 7:05 pm
That's pretty much what I want to be able to do. Load tracks onto the cdjs, but from vdj, via LAN.

The advantage of LAN as I see it, is that I can have 2 laptops connected at the same time via a LAN hub.

I would then be able to keep all my history, and playlist folders and make use of all my cue points etc.
VDJ does a much better job of finding beat grids than Rekordbox, and is much more user friendly in the browser section.

I was hoping that is was as simple as adding a bit of code, to make this happen, or maybe downloading a plugin. LOL.
I have no experience of programming so please excuse my ignorance.

Otherwise, is there a way to connect 2 laptops to the cdjs at the same time and run vdj.

Thanks.

发表时间 Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 5:24 am
Nope.

The LAN idea turns VDJ into just a browser, I have already experimented with this with my 2000 Nexus.

发表时间 Thu 29 Jan 15 @ 9:30 pm
So, just to clarify. Would it be possible to have 2 laptops each running vdj, connected to my pioneer setup over LAN. Just using vdj as a browser.

发表时间 Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 8:31 am
It's not really a feasible solution I'm afraid.

It's technically possible, but a complete waste of time IMHO.

发表时间 Fri 30 Jan 15 @ 6:21 pm
Thanks for your replies.
I now need to find some other way of running 2 laptops at the same time.

Thanks again, your technical knowledge and help is much appreciated.

发表时间 Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 6:26 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)