快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: Fake commands do not work - AA VMS 4.1

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just tested the integration with my VMS 4.1 and everything works fine as I could see. But the fake commands do not work. If I move the faders and knobs on my VMS, the faders and knobs in VDJ 8 dont.
I am using the mapping named American Audio VMS-4.

I would like to get this work as in VDJ 7 for visual control.

Regards, Christian

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:05 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If I remeber correct V8 doesn't use fake_ for every control anymore.
Instead you have to use fake_mixer.
I think that action should go to the ONINIT command.
Just try it.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:06 pm
It does not work, I tried it in ONINIT and in the fader mapping itself.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:15 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well, that was a guess. I don't own the VMS4.x anymore.

I just send Rob over here, maybe he knows.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:26 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
do you use the native mapping of v8 ?

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The fake_actions work entirely different now in version 8. So for the devices that use such actions (e.g. the VMS4) you will need to use only the default files. Please remove any definition and mapping files you may have from the devices and Mappers folders (keep them in a safe place if u need them for version 7)

FYI, fake_eq_high, fake_eq_mid, fake_level, fake_crossfader etc, are now deprecated. You will need to replace them with normal actions, and have on the ONINIT key of the mapping file actions like ..fake_mixer on & fake_eq on & fake_master on etc... and the same actions to the ONEXIT with off instead of on.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:01 pm
I dont know, there is:

- factory default
- American Audio VMS-4

I am using the American Audio VMS-4 mapping. With the factory default for example the gain is knob is moving but its not a fake command cause the gain increases or decreases in VDJ too, and thats wrong because its double.

Regards, Christian

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:02 pm
Hmm, now I remoed the mapper file from the directory and using the factory default. But this affects the gain (the scratch wave increases or decreases). Is this wanted?

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:22 pm
vms 4.1 works fine here...

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes, the scratchwave's height is Gain related. It actually shows what really happens. So when a song with very low level is loaded (and gain is not applied) it should show you a low height wave. It is suggested of course not to exceed 0db at any case.

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:53 pm
so what about your issue at the beginning of this thread ?

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:25 pm
Anyone here having trouble saving the audio configuration settings? Also when I add the record loopback for vms 4.1, I go to play a song and the program freezes. Help anyone???

发表时间 Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:45 pm
Hi,

I tested again with the factory defaults. Everything seems to work as expected. Just a thing. I switched over to internal soundcard with the VMS connected as controller. If I use the EQ knobs or volume faders the sound changes. Is there a difference in the way the fake commands work between internal soundcard and external mixer?

I expected that the sound will not be affected because they are only fake commands?!

Regards, Christian

发表时间 Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:06 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)