快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: How to update - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Why does it not show VDJ 8 in my account available for download? It shows 7.4.1.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:12 am

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:14 am
Thanks Dan,
I got it :)

Now for the real questions....
There is no longer Clipbank in the Video EFX
Also I can no longer use the SBDJ Camera Plugin for external live video feeds

I use both of these quite extensively.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:19 am
Settings, no
It converts the V7 db on a new V8 format though...

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:19 am
Its all new in V8. Your database will be read in V8 and converted but the original V7 settings and database files remain untouched.

This means you can continue to use V7 whilst testing version 8.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:20 am
Now for the real questions....
There is no longer Clipbank in the Video EFX

I use both of these quite extensively.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:24 am
Clipbank is replaced by the Sampler.
The sampler is now capable of playing Audio, Video and Still Images.

Many plugins need to be re-worked for Version 8. These will come in time.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:26 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So, just to confirm... do I have to do anything special to install this on my gig laptop and not mess up my copy of version 7? Both programs will sit side by side and not mess anything up, and version 7 database will remain preserved? I'm eager to give it a try!

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:35 am
Yep you should be good.

If you are worried and as this is you gig machine. It might be best to do a database backup (just in case).

But i have both running with no issues.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:36 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djstevieray wrote :

I have an improved camera plugin for Mac to release shortly.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:38 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Great stuff, that's all the reassurance I needed! OK then, time to have a long read of the new manual, and install and play. Not necessarily in that order though... ;)

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:39 am
Dan, can you set the video sampler to auto engage when you don't have video content loaded in the deck? So like 7 when I play an audio only track it automatically plays my vide clip?

SBDJ when you are almost ready. I'll test on the 2011 MBPs with the ATI cards for you. I remember you had to rework the plugin because of open gli crashes on my ATI cards.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:39 pm
djstevieray wrote :
Dan, can you set the video sampler to auto engage when you don't have video content loaded in the deck? So like 7 when I play an audio only track it automatically plays my vide clip?

Not currently, but a plugin can be made to do this. Hopefully someone might have something soon. It was raised during Beta.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:49 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djtouchdan wrote :
djstevieray wrote :

Not currently, but a plugin can be made to do this. Hopefully someone might have something soon. It was raised during Beta.

I hope so too. I use this feature all the time since I am 90% video.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
My new camera plugin has been tested on a 2011 ATi Mac ;)

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 1:26 pm
Very disappointed with the current video features in vdj8 then. Why would they remove such a valuable feature for vjs. You always want something on the screens. Now it shows nothing. This was a built in standard option on 7. Also I use it to show the bride and grooms photo montage slideshow during dinner looping for an hour. Constantly having something on the screens is paramount for vjs.

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:34 pm
yup that's why I love essential visuals & Media, I use the crap out of those plugins, hope they will rework these for vdj8 soon so I can start using it...

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:40 pm
joolsmPRO InfinityMember since 2013
i have a Mac book air, i have installed V .8 and for some reason my database from, what looks like an older version of itunes is showing, if i open version 7.4 it is correct but v8 is not, i have my itunes on an external HDD, any ideas....?

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 3:34 pm
Open config -> options -> select advanced -> search 'iTunes'

Ensure that the correct database is being pointed to in iTunesDatabaseFile

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 3:37 pm
joolsmPRO InfinityMember since 2013
ok......this is what is showing........ /Users/Jools/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml
but the external drive is called DJ Elements, do i just insert it where it says Jools ?

thanks in advance...

发表时间 Sun 11 May 14 @ 3:45 pm
87%