快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: MIDI Definition help

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i need to pick some brains....

i'll make a long story short. trying to write a definition file for my midi controller...

ive followed alot of the steps from:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html
and
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionMIDI.html

i've also used the "MIDI devices tool" to get the code:
sysexid="F07E??06020001790300010020120820F7"
vdj sees the controller and my test mapping i've made, so all is good there. here is where i'm having problems....

when i use the tool and press a button (i have 4 rows of 4 buttons)

i get the following when i press then release the button

92 2E 7F 00
82 2E 7F 00

<button note="822E7F00" name="PLAY" channel="2" deck="1" />
<led note="922E7F00" name="LED_PLAY" default="PLAY" channel="2" deck="1" />

I noticed when i reversed the press/release then i was able to get the button to function, although the LED works it flashes like a strobe for 1 second vs just being ON, i'll still have to tinker with that part.

another issue is although im pressing the key i want, its mapping to the button 2 rows down. i think im having a hard understanding of understanding the code of the key presses. also my buttons have LEDs that are on and change to a different color when pressed, not sure if that is an issue or not

if anyone can help me that would be great, thanks

cheers

发表时间 Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 11:11 am
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011

发表时间 Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 1:14 pm
Your definition is incorrect. You just need to specify the MIDI note number for each button/LED (2E in this case), not the full MIDI message!

I.e

<button note="0x2E" name="PLAY" channel="2" deck="1" />
<led note="0x2E" name="LED_PLAY" default="PLAY" channel="2" deck="1" />

(The 0x is important to tell VirtualDJ the number is hexadecimal, not a normal decimal number.)

As far as the above MIDI messages are concerned, they mean the following:

92 2E 7F 00 - '9' is MIDI note on (Button pressed), 2 is the MIDI channel number, 2E is the note number, 7F is the velocity, the 4th byte 00 isn't used by MIDI notes.

82 2E 7F 00 - '8' is MIDI note off (Button released), 2 is the MIDI channel, 2E is the note number, 7F is the velocity (Technically, this should normally be 00 for a button being released.)

发表时间 Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 1:25 pm
thanks guys, currently at work, but when i get home i'll adjust my mapping and report back

cheers

发表时间 Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 4:55 pm
you should also note that miditrace has a zero index meaning that channel 0 is really channel 1 in the definition file. so for the example above channel 2 is really channel 3 when defining

发表时间 Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 8:18 pm
for whatever reason it works on channel 2 but not 3, could be the controller and the current settings i have it at

发表时间 Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 10:41 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)