快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VCI-380 Jog / Platter release delay

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

- Anyone have any experience of what the proper mapping should be to allow the platter on the Vestax VCI-380 to operate as well as it does with Serato?

- Issue: When you release the jog (platter) there is some milliseconds delay before the audio starts.

- vDJ 7.3 release notes stated: "improved reactivity on controlers jogwheels" Does this apply to the VCI-380? Doesn't seem to be any different from 7.1.

- It should be possible because the jogs work well with Serato ITCH.

Trying some other mapping that was suggested for the same problem with CDJ-400s
"scratch_wheel_touch & vinyl_mode ? down ? hold on : hold off : nothing"
"JOG_WHEEL: vinyl_mode off ? scratch_wheel : play ? param_multiply 125% & scratch_wheel : param_multiply 200% & scratch_wheel"

发表时间 Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 7:47 pm
If you release the scratch in reverse, then VirtualDJ will keep the jogwheel held until the movement stops (To allow backspins.) This may be the cause of your delay (As it waits for reverse movement to stop.) Currently this can't be turned off, but might be possible in a future version.

To avoid this, make sure you release the jogwheel on forwards movement after scratching.

You could also try changing TouchWheelRamp in the registry: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/RegistryValues.html

发表时间 Sat 24 Nov 12 @ 2:22 pm
Wow!, who pays attention to releasing a jog on fwd movement vs. backward movement? What I'm hearing is I shouldn't expect the jogs to work as well as they do with Serato or a CD player. :-( I hope this can be made right in a future version. Thanks.

发表时间 Sun 25 Nov 12 @ 8:28 pm
Further testing of this showed that there is no issue using vDJ 7.3 on OSX (straight out of the box), but the problem persists in Windows7 OS on the same hardware (Bootcamped MBP). Apparently there may need to be a lot of tweaking to get the same performance on Win7 OS. Will play with settings more, but happy to take suggestions on what to tweak. thx

发表时间 Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 11:13 am
On Windows PC/BootCamp, make sure that you have installed the ASIO drivers for the VCI-380 and you have set the buffer size as small as possible without getting sound break-up/stuttering.

Also, make sure that Windows has been optmised (This will allow you to achieve lower latency without sound issues): http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html

发表时间 Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 12:41 pm
digijoc-Mele wrote :
Wow!, who pays attention to releasing a jog on fwd movement vs. backward movement

The answer is anyone who has ever used vinyl ;-)

发表时间 Tue 04 Dec 12 @ 4:09 pm
Thanks for feedback Support.

ASIO buffer is set as low as it allows "512" and all is optimized (bootcamp Windows partition used only for vDJ... no antivirus etc.) For the most part it does work, it is just that there is a fraction of a second delay in the response time for music to begin playback compared to Serato Itch. Interestingly, the startup time in vDJ running on OSX right out of the box is much closer to Serato. I guess it be true that the USB performance on OSX is simply better than on Windows as I have read elsewhere. And as someone mentioned, Serato Itch must be optimized for the hardware on Windows platform. I guess the trick here and what I was trying to find out is how to tweak vDJ on Windows to match the Serato Itch optimization. It seems there are so many settings around jog wheel performance, its hard to understand what should work best.

Any more guidance is welcomed. Thanks.

发表时间 Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 11:35 am
512 isn't low latency - It's about the same as standard WDM audio.

MacOS natively has low latency audio (CoreAudio) built into the Operating System, which is why its default response will be much better.

On PC, you will need to tweak the buffer to a much smaller size. You should be able to do this using its ASIO control panel. You can access this in most cases via VirtualDJ CONFIG -> Sound Setup and click on the ASIO config button. If this button is not available, make sure that you have chosen Sound card: ASIO -> Pick the VCI-380 ASIO driver in the list. After changing the buffer size, you may need to exit and reload VirtualDJ for it to take effect.

NOTE: If you are using ASIO4ALL then you will not be able to get low latency with it. It's not a real ASIO driver (See ASIO4ALL) - it's just an emulator and has the same inherent latency as using normal WDM audio. For low latency, you will need to install and use proper ASIO drivers for the VCI-380 (If available.)

发表时间 Fri 14 Dec 12 @ 12:12 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)