快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Protecting files on hard drive from being copied

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I wasn't sure how to search for it?

Anyway, is it possible to protect the files on my computer / external hard drive from being copied yet still allow VDJ to play them? If I have a DJ working for me I need to allow them to play music, but don't want to end up giving someone a music library for free.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 11:55 am
No, that's NOT possible.

There are several ways to "Lock" a folder or an entire drive from unwanted access, but during the "lock" period all your applications will not be able to access the files also.

You can try to "lock" your USB ports so that your fellow dj won't be able to connect anything on them, but still if he has some technical knowledge he'll be able to bypass all these security measures.

发表时间 Tue 30 Oct 12 @ 12:02 pm
There has been DJ software in the past that has an onboard encryption system which makes all the files non-playable on
anything but the original software. No one could decrypt them - not even the original DJ!

I guess if you really wanted to secure them, you could find yourself a copy of that software...

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 5:45 am
I know the software you're referring to... NO WAY! Even when I used it, I wouldn't enable encryption! ;)

发表时间 Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 5:54 am
Hire a more honest DJ, lol

发表时间 Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 4:49 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)