快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Lyrics search

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I get people all the time that come up and say the only lyrics that they know of a song. They almost always have nothing to do with the song title. The times that I just can't place the lyrics, they just give you that look like "what do you mean you don't know that song". Or they will actually say "oh, so you don't have that song" and give you a dirty look like you are the bad guy. I save those "dead searches" and look later. More often than not, I have the song but just could not translate a completely off the wall request.

If I have internet and use Google, I can often get a search going for the lyrics. But this got me thinking. I would love to see VDJ team up with a well known Lyric site, like they did with Groove Shark/ You Tube/ Netsearch. Then, when a search is typed and no results or no useable results are found, you could click a button and it would seach for song lyrics to help you find the Real name of the song. Just like the "get food" script launches a search for resteraunts near by.

This would be a KILLER companion to Netsearch! This is also a feature that NOBODY has, but VDJ is very capable of doing.

发表时间 Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 8:22 am
As I think more about this, it would be best to have a "Search on Google" button, that works almost exactly like the "Get Food" script that already exists. This way we are not tied to any one lyrics site, etc.

Just 1 button, launches your default browser, goes to Google (or default search engine) and then auto populates your search into the search engine field.

This would save allot of steps (minimize VDJ, open browser, goto site, type your search in again.. you get the idea). The internet search would be best because 99.9% of my songs don't have lyrics on the ID3 tags. I only coppied them over when I was curious. It also should not tie up VDJ by searching the ID3 tags that I did actually copy lyrics over for.

Google would be a perfect answer, with no real extra work from us DJs. This would really help us look better in front of our crowd.

发表时间 Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 11:32 am
Maybe a Google search plugin!!!!

发表时间 Thu 08 Dec 11 @ 11:37 am
DHoude wrote :
Maybe a Google search plugin!!!!

could be a good idea, either add a mini search on the plugins page, or add next to the search box a button to take the contents of the search and look on Google..

or if after showing netsearch results (after a local drive search failed) the bottom line of text in the search results could be a link to Google search results...

发表时间 Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 9:40 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Don't we all go through this all the time, it always amaze me how, they think they are right, even when I find it and show "This" is the name, well it most be a "New" version......go figure..

Good useful idea though, got my vote...

You need to put this in the Browser wishes thread..

Good Luck,

Joey...

发表时间 Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 9:51 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I saw that one before, very funny..:)

发表时间 Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 3:47 pm
i just use my phone so i dont have to use a second computer (we have a three in the booth but they dont need to know that) and search lyrics.com

plus i learned to speak drunkenese a long time ago

发表时间 Fri 16 Dec 11 @ 2:42 pm
lol, knew I could not be the only one out there. When dealing with the general public, you will always get CLUELESS patrons. None of them are really drunk at my main show. It is a singles dance for 35+, they pay great and and the floor is full from 20 min in, until close. But as you may know, a 35+ crowd is not really up to date with current names in music.

Many of them are singe because they are stubborn as hell. Sorry to put it that way, but this feature can REALLY help me weed through the totally BS requests because they can't even fathom that they are ever wrong when in fact they are. Even when you show them the song and then the correct name. So I can totally identify there.

One of them requested a song and said "it goes Boom Boom Boom" meaning Pitbulls Bon Bon! All I could think of was BEP Boom Boom Pow because they love BEPs. At least that guy was happy that I figured it out for him. I also offer to write the real name down for them to go buy later. Which most people are really appreciative of...

A new feature to this could be a web site like "dam you autocorrect" that we could submit these crazy requests and the song that they were actually talking about!

发表时间 Sat 17 Dec 11 @ 8:28 am
As a dance teacher I would also find the accessibility to lyrics (or dance cue sheets) even as a simple plugin that links to a pdf and opens this in Adobe Reader (on a second monitor) a huge benefit.

发表时间 Mon 16 Dec 13 @ 1:57 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)