快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: installer of the future vdj8 online

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

a suggestion of the software in question with relation to your installer, it would be good that the next version will have to install so online, this would be very beneficial for users who buy a license so by entering your login and password would need to install and thus prevent piracy of VDJ 8, not only on qualities that enhance the software but also in security, and for users who want to try the product free home version only for download as it is today.

but some are now wondering how do I install if I do not internet?, I think now the USBs modems are being used throughout the public and I think it will be difficult to have one for the installation.

发表时间 Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 1:13 pm
+ 1

发表时间 Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 5:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
We can not force users to do that. There are a lot of them out there who want to avoid registering and using Internet, even for purchasing computer softwares.
Odd for you maybe, but we still have many sales in the old traditional way (postal delivery package). http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

发表时间 Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 10:04 pm
No, thanks!

For SEVERAL reasons, no thanks... Even if the software needs an online connection to verify the ID, download and install on a PC/MAC if someone wants to cr@ck this protection they can do it. It has happened with SEVERAL software titles before and surely it can happen again...

So, I don't believe there's a viable reason to "force" users seeking for an internet connection just to install and use their software. Please note that this kind of protection usually brings troubles to LOYAL customers who have paid their software. Not the "piracy" users who will get ahead to download their software from a Warez site that has this protection "disabled/cr@cked"

PS: This scheme can cause troubles to loyal users on an emergency situation: "Last minute" reformat of their PC/Laptop, hardware failure, e.t.c). Not to mention that my performance Laptop has to be connected to the internet for more than 8 months!!!

发表时间 Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 3:10 am
Is there a VDJ8 coming?
Any idea when, or any talk yet on what key differences would be??

Thanks

发表时间 Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 3:52 am
sorry... I've now read this

'When will VirtualDJ 8 be ready?
We believe that stability is more important than marketing deadlines, so we do not give ourselves deadlines. The software will be available when testers won't be able to find any single bug left. But you can expect it within a few months.
'

发表时间 Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 3:53 am
for that reason, I said only a "suggestion" that the end to take the final decision will be the DEV TEAM

@phantomdeejay: you're right: you never know when he needed a instalor in an emergency, I agree with you on that

@djdad: I did not know that even had postal deliveries by means of the sale of VDJ

greetings!

发表时间 Tue 22 Nov 11 @ 12:48 pm
Piracy,

It's an issue that needs to be address one way or another.

发表时间 Thu 24 Nov 11 @ 6:38 am
wallterHome userMember since 2010
There's no harm when NLU's use cracked versions in their bedrooms, just to play with it or to find out if it could do whatever they need, and some day when they decide to go pro... They'll buy it because you can't use cracked software in a public place. At least, you can't in my country, police will get their gear and those guys will be prosecuted by law... and we're not even in EU yet. In my case, cracked version helped me to find out some multimedia stuff very important for this community. I bet there were similar cases before.

发表时间 Sat 26 Nov 11 @ 4:04 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Personally, I have seen Atomix say that they are concered about it, but not worried (summed up of course). Why are we more worried than they are? Just let them do thier thing. I am sure that if they feel it is a big problem, they will take care of it.

发表时间 Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 6:24 am
Ok. Leave to a side the one of the verification the data in line.
But that so:
To respond to a secret answer before or after the installation, like the one of the banks, answer that would be enclosed to the account and that single the owner knows it. of course (Off line)
Like the following one

发表时间 Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 9:27 am

Please do not make some horrible online DRM mechanism. That's fine if you are a bedroom DJ with an always on connection, but I play in some places where I don't even get cell reception let alone an wireless internet connection. That would suck if I could no longer do a beach wedding because there is no cell service.

发表时间 Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 2:55 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Often reinstall at beach weddings then?!

Personally I always carry a backup laptop.

发表时间 Wed 14 Dec 11 @ 7:00 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)