快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Ns7 ..... Underwater sound - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello all,

I just got the Ns7 i am having the underwater problem ... i used the trick turn off the motor before you start the track and it works but.... i need on some mix's to scratch my song in so what is the real and correct fix on how to get rid of the underwater noise. I tried the latest driver nothing. I tried the old driver nothing again. Does anyone know ?

发表时间 Mon 20 Jun 11 @ 7:11 pm
Anyone there ?

and i got it ! i just changed the latency in performance problem solved :)

发表时间 Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 1:14 pm
solution ?
latency ? = 512 ? 256 ? or more ?

发表时间 Sun 03 Jul 11 @ 5:40 am
OK here is my Update and solution to the underwater noise and all other problems .... PROBLEM - i had a Ns7 updateded it did everything possible that i could do update drivers, go back to the old drivers, reinstalled VDJ, Etc. and still had problems. SOLUTION since i am a electronics and pc guy i knew one thing was wrong it was a defect controller. prof ? you may ask. i just got another brand new one and it works PERFECTLY no underwater sound no mind of its own nothing at all i had to do is adjust the latency on it which i put it on 512 because i scratch alot but if you don't scratch alot put the latency on auto. so if you have tried everything driver, VDJ, EVEN ITCH UPDATES SUCH AS THE FIRMWARE and still are having problems well you have what i had A DEFECTIVE CONTROLLER.

Hope this helped

Dj Toni

P.S. Any other questions PM me and ill be glad to help

发表时间 Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 1:29 am
Hello, thank you for your answer.
I'm French and I do not understand English very well. i use the translator gogol.
I do not think I have a defective ns7. It works great on pc.
I tried with vdj6 on mac and the sound is good, but the videos lag.
Vdj7 on mac i have underwater problem.

you change your controller? to solve your problem?

I don't have problem on itch, but i don't play video.....

发表时间 Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 5:26 am
Oui ! I changed my controller and no more problems ! but try all the steps i was talking about 1st if nothing works then that's the problem.

发表时间 Mon 04 Jul 11 @ 11:13 pm
Really, a defective $1250 controller that happens to work perfectly on Windows and with Itch, but not VDJ on Mac OS?! I've got two, gonna try your experiment today, but I whole heartedly disagree with your conclusion.
I believe its something in VDJ, the NS7 isn't the only component that suffers with sound, latency & malfunction issues.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 5:50 am
Well, just plugged into my second NS7 and same crappy sound in Mac OS. Two different NS7's purchased about 6 months apart from each other. Both work normally with windows.
Now the kicker would be if I had two Mac's loaded with VDJ 7.04 and attempted to swap on the controllers.
Is there a difference with the Macs, unibody vs. the older ones?

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 6:16 am
DJECoast wrote :
Really, a defective $1250 controller that happens to work perfectly on Windows and with Itch, but not VDJ on Mac OS?! I've got two, gonna try your experiment today, but I whole heartedly disagree with your conclusion.
I believe its something in VDJ, the NS7 isn't the only component that suffers with sound, latency & malfunction issues.
Well like i said in my update this new one i have works Perfectly no problems nothing and it could be with Vdj but im not sure.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 9:29 pm
DJECoast wrote :
Well, just plugged into my second NS7 and same crappy sound in Mac OS. Two different NS7's purchased about 6 months apart from each other. Both work normally with windows.
Now the kicker would be if I had two Mac's loaded with VDJ 7.04 and attempted to swap on the controllers.
Is there a difference with the Macs, unibody vs. the older ones?
I Also am starting to think when you tested my theory that it is a VDJ ON MAC problem but the thing is i got a brand new mac book pro and it works great... but like i said before i am a pc and and mac guy and a electronics guy i know a defect Controller when i see one . But i also had Problems in itch and Windows so mine was a total defect. but It all comes down to The Os (Operating System) Mac or pc and your specs on your computer About the switching mac and controllers thing Also remember that the ns7 also has minimum requirements to run specs wise here they are ..

Mac
Core Duo 1.8GHz processor or better
2 GB RAM
OS 10.4.11 or higher
USB 2.0 port

Windows XP
2GB RAM
Service Pack 2 or higher
USB 2.0 port

Windows Vista
2 GB RAM
Service Pack 1 or higher
USB 2.0 port

These are my specs on my Mac

Os - 10.6.8
Processor - 2.53 Ghz Intel Core i5
Memory - 4gb's of ram

Send me yours But to me the problem you are having sounds like a software issue :(

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 9:45 pm
Sorry to hear that your having underwater issues. I currently have a Macbook Pro running Virtual DJ 7 with NS7 and don't have any underwater sound issues. Not sure what I did but it worked perfectly out the box.

发表时间 Fri 14 Oct 11 @ 9:28 am
drestless wrote :
Sorry to hear that your having underwater issues. I currently have a Macbook Pro running Virtual DJ 7 with NS7 and don't have any underwater sound issues. Not sure what I did but it worked perfectly out the box.

Hello Drestless,

As you can see from reading my older post's that the only way to fix it is to get a new one and thats why yours works because it is brand new :) same with mine.

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 11 @ 6:24 pm
OK.. SO mine are about 7 months old, and I have the underwater problem. Has anyone gotten a real fix other than new ones? I doubt Numark is going to exchange them for new ones. Hey Numark Rep.. any advice?

Mine work on VDJ and ITCh perfect, on a PC. Even an older PC laptop works great. Itch on the MAc works GREAT as well, but VDJ I have to do the start/stop trick. I saw that this was also an issue with some guys I know with NS7's, and they went back to an older VDJ rev.

I know there is a proper power procedure like Deck one, then laptop, then Deck 2 (I dont remember it). what about firmware update? Does ITCh do that? I have never really used itch except to just test the V7. - Thanks!

发表时间 Thu 20 Oct 11 @ 11:41 am
Hey Numark reps... a little help for us with a thousand dollars of V7's that sound like crap would be great!

发表时间 Wed 02 Nov 11 @ 2:20 pm
As of now there is no fix my friend unless i am not aware of it. i just got another ns7 threw the place were i got it from. Never had a serious problem such as the underwater sound ever since. I am a software programmer and i see its more of a mac issue because i know alot of people just like us that run VDJ with the ns7 on pc no problems also with itch like you said. When it comes to mac Itch works great with it. now for me i guess i just got lucky that this unit didn't mess up with a mac and VDJ. ive had some issus when i would be doing a practice set at a gig or sound check and the ns7 would start to get a lil funky and have a mind of its own ( spin the platter on VDJ by its self or change my cross fader back to scratch when it was on full ) but then i would just reset it and it would be good. to answer your firm ware question have the ns7 hooked in to your mac open up itch and go to the setup tab once that opens it should be under the hardware tab automatically and its should say if your firmware is up to date or not. Also go to the numark website and switch threw the drivers and test them to see which one works best.

One love - Dj Toni

发表时间 Wed 02 Nov 11 @ 8:32 pm
V7's. not NS7, V7's !

发表时间 Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 1:01 pm
DJ Tidalwave wrote :
V7's. not NS7, V7's !

Sorry man i didnt see that but the v7's and the ns7 work in the same way

发表时间 Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 11:53 am
@DJ Tidalwave: I am having the same issue as you, trying to play back video on a pair of V7's and the audio goes wobble wobble wobble. I've tried all of the different latency settings, and it seems like higher numbers cure the problem, but they don't work for all file formats. So far for me 1024 is the sweet spot for MPEG-1 videos (.MPG), but I cannot get .MP4's to play well no matter what setting I use. :(

Funny thing is, I switched from PC to Mac to try to solve a playback issue I was having on the PC, only to find that the grass is definitely NOT greener over here on the Mac side of the fence!

发表时间 Sat 12 Nov 11 @ 8:46 am
detailcPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I've been reading this post and I unfortunately I have the same problem with My Mac. I7 2.66 Ghz, my Pc runs great , but my Mac Started out Okay, until I updated too the New Serato 2.0 , now the Sound is horrible I tried everything older Drivers u name it I did it . But PC works fine. I'm like the other gentlemen grass ain't greener on other side, plus with Mac I can't put my name up on the video screen like PC.. PC has more video text options , really Bummed as I like the NS7 .

发表时间 Mon 14 Nov 11 @ 2:28 pm
I also had the same problem but was able to overcome it by uninstalling (trashing) the app and reinstalling. I started off using 7.01 and later upgraded to 7.05....now I can use the NS7 and can play videos with no problem.

I have a IMAC 20" standard configuration.
NS7FX
Cue 7.05

发表时间 Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 5:53 pm
57%