快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Running Windows With No Services

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Windows XP pro has over 90 services enabled by default. There is an interesting article here:

http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2005/07/running-windows-with-no-services.html

That explains how to turn off all of these services and leave only the 3 crucial services running that windows requires, AND have IE and basic web browsing still work. Well this isn't really practical for a regular system, but it got me to thinking... How much of this stuff is really required for a dedicated VDJ system.

My system does nothing except run VDJ (no Internet or other apps), so I imagine a lot of these services are simply not needed. Has anyone experimented with a VERY slimmed down service profile? What services did you find were critical to having a running system that VDJ can run on top of?

发表时间 Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 12:55 am
this is REALLY IMPORTANT for running any demanding program good :)

I turn off a lot of services when using VDJ at club, to make it run smooth and fine...

I turn off all webservices, msn, antivirus, bacground apps (like Itunes helper, acrobat helper etc)

That makes VDJ run ALOT better!!

try it ;)

发表时间 Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 2:54 pm
i managed to turn off plug and play service and when i accessed hardware tab
there were NO DEVICES.

no soundcards were working, no network cards (but netwroking worked as I had static ip)
no USB devices were detected after plugging (hercules, usb key)
fortunately i exported all "PlugPlay" registry entries from friends notebook.
Transferred it over network(that fortunately worked) and imported those 15 reg files.

That saved me from reinstalling windows. So thisway i warn all users:

BE CAREFULL and DONT "TUNE" before gig as I did. Because i did not realized what happened
and second day i was not able to watch movie (fortunately i found ot that it's not a codec problem but a missing soundcard) and i had time to google for the problem. I fixed it during
contail part of wedding fortunately. But i was very worried.

发表时间 Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 12:19 pm
Make 2 seperate hardware profiles. Configure the later one for VDJ use. You may choose what services AND what devices you want to load or not. By that you don't have to do i manually all the time. Then when booting up you can choose which profile to load. Easy.

Check this first
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308577&sd=tech

There are lots of pages out there in this subject.

发表时间 Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 3:06 pm
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 7:46 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)