快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Standing Together as DJs

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just want to express my deepest heartfelt condolances to the the people of the United Kingdom for thier horrific losses today. As the United States' biggest and oldest friend, we sure stand together with them. I hope that all civilized people around the world can stand together and uphold our individual freedoms that sometimes we all take for granted. And whatever DJ is from there, I am truly sorry.

GodBless....

MS

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 1:46 pm
its a sad sad world...
my sympathy to all from UK

regards
Rune

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 2:26 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm from England, and I have to say, I felt this attack, very close to my heart.., more so, than other global attacks, I will now understand victims better, and attacks on foreign land.

I hate this action, because it gets us nowhere, every action has a reaction, and neither the action or the reaction is just.

That's all I can say without getting too political, and it reminds us, that DJ'ing is just a fun in life, and not everytime, is a time for fun.

Bagpuss, feeling quite sad.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 2:36 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My condoloences from across the pond to our British bretheren. We take another step back and our anger towards these islamic extremists grows. Sad, sad day.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 3:29 pm
I as well wish everyone across the pond the very best and that the individuals and orgs reesponsible are captured.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 3:43 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Friends, that was a warning shot, a messenger so to speak.
Falling on the announcement of the Olympics has to indicate trouble is waiting for opportunity.

Nobody escapes the threat of terrorism, if you think otherwise you just haven't been hit yet.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 4:09 pm
O I fear this is going to get political.., as the word "islamic" popped up, arabic for peace seems ironic to mention in a terrorrist attack, the way I see it is this.., although these terrorrists claim their cause is Islamic teachings, it clearly is not, so we are complimenting them, everytime we give them this title.

Their are muslims (submitted to Islam), and terrorrists (perversion of Islam), so to be truely fair, we must make them outsiders, and not associate them with a peaceful religion, or else our opinion of those that follow the muslim faith will become perveted, and London has a very large muslim community, who are peacful, and play important roles in society, I don't want these people to become victims because of what we so easily associate with them..

The media has a great time with Islamic terminology, it could only be in their interest, as they are of other faiths.., but I don't think it is at all wise to be deluded by the media.

I know that the media in some way, are apart of the terrorr, because they with their terms, and lack of tact and accuracy, have sparked a war against inoccent muslims in the streets, I know this best.., i've seen it..

I'm sure you will all agree with me, and I didn't misinterpret what you said djej, but the the word Islam, has no place in terrorrism.., as i'm sure your now aware of the outcome of being loose in these terms...

As for the terrorrists who kill in this fashion, they are evil, and have no place in Islam, or any healthy society, so lets take away their respect, that we otherwise, (perhaps) unknowingly give them..

Bagpuss

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 4:25 pm
I agree with you, Bagpuss.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 4:29 pm
Having endured world opinion of us, the world must realize that the US is one big melting pot of nationalities and races, we have at least one of everything here.
We have had to learn new respect for others in this country despite the tendency to blame, insult and hurt those with common nationalities and races of the terrorists.

So despite world opinion of us, that point needs to be made and it directly relates to what Bagpuss is saying.

So do you deal with the bullies and hope they don't strike you or eliminate them?

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 4:40 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I feel sad too, but i agree with Bagpuss.
If the G8 leaders was thinking like him, we would had no reason to discuss about this now.
(wrong spelling perhaps, but i hope you know what i mean)

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 5:04 pm
Thanks mp3rick ;), I agree with what your saying totally.

your question was "So do you deal with the bullies and hope they don't strike you or eliminate them?",
I'm not sure if that was aimed at me or everyone?..

But, I will say this.., So far, we have seen 2 major world leaders who want more than anybody to "elimate" them, they defied the UN, the EU, and more importantely they defied the civillians of their countries, the british were totally against the plan of agression in Iraq, but yet, now they are paying the price, for what a couple of leaders decided.., and of course, we never expected it to be different.., I think these events can be examined in many ways, as it really isn't as simple as we like to think.., the british people were right to oppose the war, because it was in everybodys best interests not too go, and this attack.., is a proof of their great concern...

It is not goodies verses badies, else that makes the hundreds of children in Iraq who are now dead, the badies, which I don't think is right/correct. Most of the dead in Iraq are civillians, soldiers (U.S & English), very few were supporters of sadaam, and now we have increased terrorrism in Iraq and the world as a whole.

So eliminating terrorr?, no, not how it's done today for sure, we must blame those that make the news, and not those in it.., the fact of the matter is simple, atrocities have been commited by both sides, and if bombing Iraq wasn't terrorr, then I have no idea what is...

To eliminate terrorr, a leader must be well aquainted with alot of knowledge, neither Bush or Blair are aquainted with such knowledge.., this is why they took military action against a civilian population, the real answer to eliminating terrorr...., is far in opposition to excercising military muscle..

But it is not good for the pride of our politicians, to truely, do the right thing.., it is much easyer to point the finger, give the order, and play God with human life...

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 5:06 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
Can't understand the people behind these bombs, they place 4 bombs in the underground and on a bus, to kill civilians only because the G8 are having a meeting in Scotland!

My condoleances to English people.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 5:20 pm
The question was posed at everyone here.
Hind sight is allways 20/20, and we will never know "what if" now.

I do think terrorism needs to be addressed world wide.
Many of us here in the US disagree also btw, the presidential vote stated that loud and clear.

You are dead right on with your last line Bagpuss, and there is nothing we can do to stop it as Americans. It gets just as heated between Americans as it does other countries and America.

To try to unravel the whole mess now and again is pointless, concentration needs to be on the net result which at this time is still quite mixed.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 5:26 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well its sad to say but since acts of terror get attention like this their points are made loud and clear and almost gives then reason to do more. its near impossible to fight against something that is unknown (when or where attacks happen)

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 6:02 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
oops...I used the word sorry. I meant it the way Bagpuss explained...

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 6:11 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
My condoleances to London it's sad when civilians are the ones to feel the cowardness attacks of terrorist, who won't dare fight without hiding there faces..all in the name of a god who condones killing innocent children ... I don't wanna offend anyone but thats one religion i'll shy away from if thats what it's all about. Once again sorry about london's losses today, very sad indeed.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 7:17 pm
I too wish to give my condolences to my neighbours in the UK with this senseless act of bloodshed...

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 9:59 pm
As I said quite clearly phillydj, and everyone agreed, the attacks weren't only done against London, they were done against Islam, and they were done against Humanity...

Al qauda, are not a relgious organisation, but a terrorrist one, and I have friends of all religions and parts of the world, and their are few people that I trust with my life.., and some of those few, are muslims...

Finally, their are between 1-2 billion muslims in the world, around 1/5 people and rising fast, isn't it a massive figure?, luckily for none muslims, Islam is a religion of peace, scard by the actions of a few, especially in the minds of those with no knowledge...

This is what I was trying to put over earlier...

Bagpuss.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 05 @ 11:17 pm
wigcityPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Got to play tonight, not really in the mood - need the work though. I usually play a varied set with touches of humour (or things to wind up narrow-minded people ;) and it's made me think that the main way that we can fight this thing is to affirm life, get people's feet and heart moving - playing music is not trivial. So it's business as usual.
Politically, I reserve the right to be a pain in the bum to the powers that be, and that includes the G8 group, but this sort of attack is a whole other game. Deliberate killing can never be justified from my point of view, or am I being naive?

Prof (somewhere in the North of England)

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 05 @ 3:06 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)