快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Virtual Memory. Also Question about external laptop video card

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am figuring out my powerful laptop just isn't working with 3.0 because my video card is only 32MB. When I split the screen it goes down to 16MB. The issue is I only want to run karaoke files. Strange thing is my virtual memory is negative. What is virtual memory and how is it used in a laptop? Also is there a way to buy an external video card that would connect to a laptop so I can at least play karaoke files on this computer again? I don't really want to video mix. Used to work with 2.06. Since I installed 3.0 it is hesitating my entire system. Strange thing is I have another Toshiba laptop and the karaoke files play better. Slows down the program a bit but they play. MP3's play fine. Please advise

发表时间 Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 5:58 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Regarding virtual memory: virtual memory is as it says, it is memory used from your harddrive space, go to Control pannel, system, advanced, look at performance and select settings, now select the advanced tab, you should now see virtual memory at the bottom, you will see a figure of the set minimum allocated virtual memory, select change, I reccomend you set the min to 1000 and max to 1500, if that is significantely more than what is set, if the virtual memory notification should appear again, then you can further increase what you've set later.

How much system memory do you have?, regarding video, it depends, I have only 32mb built in video memory (shared memory) in my laptop, with version 3, I actually bring that down to 8mb, as virtual dj requires no more than this when video is not required, if you do intend to use video more, you might want to consider buying a laptop or external graphics device, but this is optional, as I said virtual DJ as a DJ app works brilliantely with as little as a 8mb graphics card.

Other users on the site can further advise you better on which models etc.

Also note that alot of vitual DJ's performance is subject to the softwares settings, your windows settings, your proccesses when running virtual DJ and hardware wise, memory is the biggest need, 256min, 512 rec, even higher is better but not needed for most.

If you think I can help yo more, please ask.

Bagpuss.

发表时间 Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 6:53 pm
Thanks Bagpuss. I have over a gig of system memory. I am not trying to run videos but karaoke files. Used to work fine. I tried even lowering the reactivity levels but it doesn't work well. The TV works fine but it robs my system of performace and spikes up to 100% making the program itself run very roughly. My mouse doesn't move ect. I just fixed the virtual memory settings. Guess that wasn't the issue thought for the issue still persists. Can anyone let me know if there is an external card that I can purchase for a laptop so I wouldn't have to share my 32MEG of video. If I have to I guess I'll just sell this on ebay and buy a Voodoo laptop or something. For porability reasons I really need to stick with a laptop. Thanks again for the help...

发表时间 Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 8:02 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)