快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Vestax TYPHOON Mapping (spin related)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I'm trying to use the Vestax Typhoon in Virtual DJ 6.1 Demo version with the mapping from the Vestax Spin but I can't get it to work. When I select vestax spin the touch something on the controller half of the buttons light up and that's it.

Before I purchase Virtual DJ I need to know it will work. Can anyone advise me on what I should be doing?

发表时间 Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 11:08 am
Im glad someone is on the same page as me. I have also purchased the Vestax Typhoon, and I have to say that I love the hardware unit itself, but I'm not very happy with the Traktor LE software that comes with it. One of my friends purchased the ION Discover DJ unit, and he had the same problem, but after he bought the Virtual DJ pro software, it totally brought his Ion unit to life. I mean it was a night and day difference between the MixVibes software and the Virtual DJ software.

Im hoping that Atomix has a version that will work with the Vestax Typhoon unit, because I think it will put the Traktor LE software to shame. If anyone has any tips or ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

发表时间 Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 4:38 pm
Hello i need a Map file for the Vestax TYPHOON...
Can you help me????

发表时间 Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 12:51 pm
Sorry, this controller is not supported yet.

There is no mapper currently available for it.

发表时间 Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 6:28 pm
Oh well, looks like I won't make the jump to Virtual Dj then. It's such a shame because the user interface is great but the whole midi mapping part is so complicated and difficult for a new user. In Traktor it's so easy to map ANY midi device quickly. I want to DJ and not learn about programming. Having to wait for devices to be supported is such a backwards way of doing things.

Why can't virtual Dj have a new midi mapping page where we can do simple midi mapping for ANY midi device like Traktor?

发表时间 Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 6:53 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ does ... it's called the Action-Learn mode where after you select the button, you click action learn then select the corresponding skin element you want to assign to the button.

发表时间 Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 7:22 pm
Action-Learn mode doesn't work properly with the typhoon. Only a few buttons can be assigned which are on the left side of the device.

发表时间 Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 9:02 pm
TeeseeLE userMember since 2010
Just bought my typhoon last night ad read today that VDJ team up with vastex on VDJ 7>Are guys like me gonna get a fee version so we can work our typhoon?

发表时间 Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 12:49 pm

发表时间 Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 1:43 pm
Please note that the free version only allows controller use for the first 10 minutes of use to allow you to try before you buy.

For unlimited use of controllers, and much, much more, you will need to upgrade to VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

发表时间 Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 2:31 pm
I have just been checking out the free home version with the 10 min controller limit. I like it so far.
Just a couple of things...

The Jog Sensitivity is not as accurate as the traktor version. In traktor you have Rotary Sensitivity and Rotary acceleration.
In Virtual Dj you just have jog sensitivity which just doesn't feel or sound right. When you scratch it just sounds really pitched up and when you release the jog the track released too fast and there is no way of slowing it down or changing this.

When I try to select both headphones to monitor at the same time it won't work, it will only allow me to monitor one at a time.

One other thing, i'm trying to assign a button which will clone just the right deck but when I do this it clones both right and left decks. I wish they had the option of having instant doubles like in both Seratio and Traktor so when you load the same track on the other deck it's automatically cloned. If anyone knows how I can do this I would be greatly appreciated.

I do like the fact I can actually have a fast crossfader curve now. On traktor the sharp curve was no way near sharp enough.

发表时间 Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 4:10 pm
Change the mapping for the headphone PFL button to pfl instead of select and you will be able to toggle PFL for both decks on at the same time.

发表时间 Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 4:47 pm
Thanks jpboggis, got the headphones sorted now. Do you know if there is a way to clone a specific deck to a button?

发表时间 Fri 15 Oct 10 @ 7:25 pm
really nice to see Typhoon is being supported now.

is it possible to see the whole mapping layout anywhere or read the tutorial/help? the cue points control is not very clear for example just by looking at the controller and map settings. 10 minutes limitation of the Home version doesn't help either.

also, what's the best way to go about modifications? is there a clear tutorial somewhere? would be nice to control the headphones mix volume, reverse the right jog or change the loop implementation, etc.

thanks!

发表时间 Sun 17 Oct 10 @ 10:18 pm

发表时间 Mon 18 Oct 10 @ 7:02 am
For the love of all things great somebody needs to help me here. I have spent all day trying to figure this out and searching the forum.

When I hit loop on my typhoon I want it to loop snap on beat like it does with Traktor. In virtual dj it just loops whenever you hit the button. Does anyone know how I can snap the loops to the CBG please??!!!

发表时间 Tue 19 Oct 10 @ 11:43 am
I'm totally new to the world of mixing an I've just bought the Vestax Typhoon. However, when I connect it to the virtual dj Demo software the it seems to be recognised but for some reason although a can load a track on the virtual deck it then doesnt seem to spin round. Also, the soundwaves at the top disappear from virtual Dj the moment I turn on the controller.

Thoughts?

发表时间 Fri 24 Aug 12 @ 3:58 am
Your sound settings are probably incorrect.

Please see:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Song%20wont%20play%20when%20pressing%20PLAY.html

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Typhoon.html

Also, make sure that you have the latest Home FREE installed from http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

NOTE: The Typhoon will only work for 10 minutes at a time with Home FREE. To be able to use MIDI controllers such as the Typhoon with no restrictions, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (If your Typhoon came with VirtualDJ LE, then you should be entitled to a discount.)

发表时间 Fri 24 Aug 12 @ 4:15 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)