快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: SUPPORT FOR 24 BIT AND UP

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

we need support for 24bit and up music it's 2k5 the software should have this,also cds i got some cd rom with music and vdj can't play them.

发表时间 Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 7:00 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003

发表时间 Tue 19 Apr 05 @ 8:26 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I know of no 24bit DJ, this is somthing really for the future, Most set-ups don't allow a true 24bit sound quality and 24bit products aren't by no means a new standard, it's simply too early to 'need' such a feature..

However, Virtual DJ will support 24bit I expect in the not too distant future, but their is just no reason to rush my friend ;).

发表时间 Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 8:14 pm
hiiiiiiiiii

发表时间 Tue 26 Apr 05 @ 8:12 am
The future is hear and calling out.

发表时间 Tue 03 Jan 06 @ 10:08 am
SZ-BHome userMember since 2004
QUOTE : we need support for 24bit and up music it's 2k5

Seriously ! 24bit 96khz !

发表时间 Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 8:38 am
to bagpuss : you are wrong my friend : the numark digital series are 24 bit mixers for a low price and a lot of people have them . 2nd : 24 bit soundcards are getting cheaper and cheraper and i have one for some years now . so a lot of people like me have recorded their samples in the highest quality with 24 bit and now i would have to convert all of them to 16bit to use them in vdj . btw : a lot of music programms support 24 bit . and a lot of dj´s are using those .

发表时间 Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 8:42 am
I know of no decent clubs that use numark mixers, they use analog 16bit mixers like Pioneer/Vestax.
24bit soundcards are really cheap, this isn't exactly expensive hardware, it's just not standard in the DJ industry although it might be in the computer/music production industry.
To get a true 24bit sound quality you need 24bit files, 24bit software, 24bit software, 24bit mixer, 24bit amplifier, and very very expensive speakers!.., o and throw in good cables too..., most super clubs don't accomadate this at the moment, and it's hardly standard lets face it.

Mp3 is still on the fast increase, and in clubs too.

btw - new VDJ audio engine might support 24bit files too.

发表时间 Sun 08 Jan 06 @ 12:51 pm
@bagpuss

"they use analog 16bit mixers like Pioneer/Vestax."

lol Analog has no "bits"

btw. numark is 24bit but I am not sure about soundcard.
DXM01 has only 2 usb soundcards built-in and their ANALOGOUE output is routed via SWITCH to the ANALOG input that is then DIGITIZED to be used digitally inside mixer.

I thougt that Numark made it directly digital to the mixer and there's only conversion to analog on the output. But i was wrong.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 10:27 am
oops, must have wrote that on auto pilot mode :), after reading about 24bit digital mixers, in truth I'm not interested enough to read the specs of these mixers but I'm sure you they don't have 24 bit outputs

Besides which, the sound quality in clubs would never need to be TRUE 24 bit, and is far from standard now, CD players/media files, 16bit, and argueably of a higher sound quality than the human ear can perceive, the real bottle necks which can be improved is the quality of the amp and speakers, do this and plus maybe turn the music down a bit!, lol, clubs are not studios, and most in clubs aren't audiophiles.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 11:43 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Just to clarify some things about the 24-bit myth.
------------------------------------------------------
24 bit has to do mostly with the dynamic range ..
What the WHOLE music industry does all these years, is to KILL the dynamic range by OVERCOMPRESS all commercial releases optimize them for broadcast: Tv/radio
(seem like the $$$ are there ..)
That's why they sound like sh$$t..
Sound engineers are payed to do this crime, but they know...
mp3 and other formats further damage the dynamic range.

Now, compatibility with 24-bit files/samples in virtual dj is a GOOD thing for those who have these 24bit files, but don't expect better quality on existing commercial releases/ cd rips/ mp3 and such.
If you have Hi-end 24 bit wav/aif samples yes the sound will be better for them, that's why 24-bit is used at the recording/editing stage, to KILL the master later and make it fit...

End.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 4:04 pm
@ apopsis : AMEN !

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 5:14 pm
I support the implementation of support for 24bit files, that's besides what I'm saying here.

I challenge any one of you to successfully pick out a 24bit/96kHz file from a 16bit/44kHz file in a blind listening test. Do a few rounds and you'll see what any true audio enthusiast would tell you, you can't reliably do it beyond luck.

And I again challenge you to pick out the difference between an mp3 at 320kbps encoded with LAME from the original 16/44 CD source.

Most human ears are incapable of doing either regardless of whether the equipment can deliver that difference.

MP3 might not be the standard in ten years but it shouldn't disappear taking the fact that mp3 encoded at maximal bite rate with the best encoder (LAME) can't be picked out from anything higher, no matter how high you go you've got human ears at the end of it.

MP3 originally got it's bad name from bad encoders and the fact that the standard bite rate is 128kbps, correct these and you have a great future proof sound. Fanatics might tell you different but at the end of the day I live in the REAL world.

I've conducted tests at home, MP3 from CD is not detectable no matter how many music lovers I test, infact some results have even swayed towards the mp3 sounding better, although technically impossible the person has obviously heard no difference and selected randomly from MP3 and WAV, of course most people answer "I couldn't say, there is no difference" and yes these tests were done with the finest of equipment.

Simular tests have concluded the same is true for the 16bit verse 24bit debate.

Just to clear up a few myths..Bagpuss.

发表时间 Mon 09 Jan 06 @ 5:56 pm
siemanko polacy zajebisty ten program VDJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 1:32 am
English! - Please speak English here (Polish huh?).

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 2:50 am
also bad quality of mp3 is often by the bad quality of original (recorded from radio) or I saw repacked WMA 64kbit to 192kbit mp3.

128kbit mp3 from the original CD is quite good for normal listening, but has a little less dynamics so I prefer 192kbit (joint stereo).

It depends whether You use normal or joint stereo. i.e. 192kbit stereo mp3 uses two 96kbit mp3 streams (one for each channel) but in joint mode you use for instance 160kbit for the common channel and the rest 32 kbit for the difference between left and right. For most songs that has not very high stereo basis it's better.

发表时间 Tue 10 Jan 06 @ 2:46 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005

Some don't know, but 24bit files give use the forma for DVD audio. Don't get confuse, files a re so large that you need a DVD to record tem in there and not in a CD. I have a DVD Audio and you can notice the dinamic range, but it's not a standard. If I use CDs and rip them in 24bit is a waste. CDs are recorded in 16 bit and 44KHz sample rate, but if you have DVD audio in 24 bits, then in there, you could use 24 bit ripping to don't miss the dynamic range you have in the source.

Like all in definition, you can go from greater to smaller; Like when you do resizing from 1024x768 to 640x480 for a picture... but try to do it from smaller to greater definition (resolution), the picture look very bad. It's the same for audio.

发表时间 Sun 29 Jan 06 @ 1:33 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)