快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: TCV Recording Quality

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm hoping someone else has tried this with the equipment I have since that must be the problem. I purchased a soundblaster usb soundcard as my second (third with onboard) soundcard just to record. It records but the sound quality sucks. I have nice new cables, which was the first thing I checked. I have a record output on my mixer that I run to the soundcard. The settings on the software I'm using for recording seem to be set ok, with the equalizer set up like a standard eq. Any ideas anyone? Is it just because the soundcard isn't that high quality? Thanks.

发表时间 Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 10:02 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I had the same problem... I bought the most expensive cables, but the quality of sound was still bad. Then i bought sound card specially for sound recording (around 250€) and it helps!
You may have to check the power of output signal from mixer too.

发表时间 Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 10:44 pm
Ohhh...Just did 150 US on memory. Anewsome, you use a separate laptop. Did you have a similar problem. I have another laptop. Why do you use two?

发表时间 Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 3:21 am
djej
Soundblaster cards are low quality regarding sound quality. Their very noisy and the frequency response is terrible. If you require some quality you should buy another sound card. Even a Maya USB will improve a lot in comparison with the card you currently use. Best way is to buy a professional recording card.
Ewout

发表时间 Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 4:09 pm
Thanks superstorm. Looks like that's the issue. I was trying to avoid another Maya soundcard from a cost standpoint. Looks like I can't.

发表时间 Wed 06 Apr 05 @ 4:53 pm
djej
its me again
thebachelor

try using audiograbber
its free and you can record live and hear what your recording on the same laptop

1. Download audiograbber (free) http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

2. Then got buy a stereo y-cable: 1 rca (red/white) at one end and a phone jack on the other end
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=164

3. Plug the red/white end to you mixer and then plug the phone jack to the mic plug on your computer
4. Open the program and click on file and then in-line sampling

5. And start recording live with tcv and you see the volume move up/down while recording or you can hear yourself live

I hope this helps
it works good

and its free

发表时间 Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 5:58 am
One question I have for anyone here who uses a "Mic input" to record.

Why not use the Line in which will not give you a distorted sound? I highly doubt the Mic In will give you a better sound quality as every time I tried in the past all I had was awful quality until I started recording with the Line In!

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 2:33 pm
thanks thebachelor. I'll give it a shot, it's just hard for me to believe my on board soundcard is better the soundblaster I bought. DJ White DVL, I have a laptop so no choice for line in.

发表时间 Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:25 pm
Alright, I want to use the external soundcard I just bought. I've yet to try thebachelor's recommendation. DJ Satan :) - I have improved the audio quality by tweaking the programs. I use line in also on the Creative SB 24 bit card I'm using. What bit rate do you select to record from vinyl? I've tried a few. It defaults to 192. That didn't work. I tried 128 also. My sound issue is now that the recording skips and stutters. It sounds much better/acceptable, but it stutters. I'm thinking bit rate choice at this point. Although I have no clue what bit rate really does.

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 12:40 am
Well I'm no Satan although I'm sure you were adressing me lol.

I normally record at 16bit/Stereo @ 44.1kHz
VDJ only supports 16 bit MP3s but you can always try recording at 24bit and try to notice the difference with Windows Media player between the 2.

This works for me although as far as TCV goes I haven't attempted that yet. I have done this many times with regular vinyl and have never had bad quality in sound

Best regards

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 12:44 am
Thanks man. We pick some funny DJ names don't we...just having a laugh with you. I'll play with that if I can The soundcard itself says 24 bit..but that's just in the file name that comes up on the settings. I'm sure there is an adjustment somewhere. I think I'll just wait until you get the TCVs and hear your solution :). I'll let you know if I figure it out.

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 1:08 am
Yeah we do come up with weird names although it gives us that touch of mistery ;). If you figure it out I'll be glad to hear the steps taken to solve it as I will probably need it myself.

DJ White Devil

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 1:49 am
It's a bit rate issue I'm convinced..still working on it. 90 sounded good but still stuttered. 80 didn't sound good but didn't studder (92 or 84 or whatever the software let's you pick). I'm fed up for the night. Still working on it Lucifer.

发表时间 Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 3:13 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)