快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: 2 Sound Cards and How to Sync Outputs
Hi All,
I'm guessing this is quite a common issue but can't find the answer! I am running VDJ Home edition and intending to use at my forthcoming wedding party hooked up to a nightclubs mixing desk. My plan is to use the desk as a preout only for the Main feed going directly to the amp and speakers of their kit while I cue up using headphones attached to a secondary sound card (USB Xfi Creative Card). "Simulating" this setup with the Laptops speakers as the primary output and headphones attached to the external card works just fine, except there is a highly obvious delay in what i'm hearing in the headphones (at least 0.2 seconds) which is obviously not great for beat syncing!

I notice on the Manual it talks about ASIO drivers / settings which I assume is where I would address this - Home addition it appears does not have this feature? Before I go spending more money I would like to know -

1. Is there any other way of addressing this in the software itself or a Windows tweak?
2. Does the ASIO feature resolve this problem?
3. A feature on the mixing desk that might fix this (ie input delay / phasing etc)

I'll only have a few days before the party to hook everything up so I need to know exactly what the options are in advance!

Thanks in advance

发表时间 Fri 29 May 09 @ 6:17 am
Your sound card USB Xfi Creative Card does not have asio support so that is not a option for you as you need to have a asio sound card for this.
Ok by the sounds of it you have selected that you have 2 sounds cards within the config menu on virtual dj.
I had this simalar problem when i used this setting with a trust external sound card but this is how i solved the problem.
I have researched your sound card and it states it is 5.1 surround sound so set it up this way:-

first of all make sure you have the latest drivers for your creative sound card

on your external sound card plug your amp into the left and right speaker out (red and white RCA).

Then plug your earphones into the line out that says "rear" on your external sound card

Then in the virtual dj config menu when you select earphones goto the next drop down box and select 4.1 card

select your sound card as your creative X Fi and make sure output channels are master/front output - Headphones/rear output

And that should be it

If you dont get the audio in the headphones you need to configue the sound card in xp, you can use you creative control panel for this or the xp sound control panel and just change it to quadraphonic speakers.

Hope this helps

发表时间 Fri 29 May 09 @ 6:59 am
Your sound card USB Xfi Creative Card does not have asio support so that is not a option for you as you need to have a asio sound card for this.
Ok by the sounds of it you have selected that you have 2 sounds cards within the config menu on virtual dj.
I had this simalar problem when i used this setting with a trust external sound card but this is how i solved the problem.
I have researched your sound card and it states it is 5.1 surround sound so set it up this way:-

first of all make sure you have the latest drivers for your creative sound card

on your external sound card plug your amp into the left and right speaker out (red and white RCA).

Then plug your earphones into the line out that says "rear" on your external sound card

Then in the virtual dj config menu when you select earphones goto the next drop down box and select 4.1 card

select your sound card as your creative X Fi and make sure output channels are master/front output - Headphones/rear output

And that should be it

If you dont get the audio in the headphones you need to configue the sound card in xp, you can use you creative control panel for this or the xp sound control panel and just change it to quadraphonic speakers.

Hope this helps

I really ought to have figured that out myself! Yes I was on those lines earlier but forgot to configure the Creative card as 4.1 analogue setup which is why it didn't work. All works fine and in sync now so im ready to do my party!

Thanks

发表时间 Fri 29 May 09 @ 8:34 am
No probs mate happy to help.
Thnaks

发表时间 Fri 29 May 09 @ 2:20 pm
ggalbraith wrote :
Hi All,
I'm guessing this is quite a common issue but can't find the answer! I am running VDJ Home edition and intending to use at my forthcoming wedding party hooked up to a nightclubs mixing desk. My plan is to use the desk as a preout only for the Main feed going directly to the amp and speakers of their kit while I cue up using headphones attached to a secondary sound card (USB Xfi Creative Card). "Simulating" this setup with the Laptops speakers as the primary output and headphones attached to the external card works just fine, except there is a highly obvious delay in what i'm hearing in the headphones (at least 0.2 seconds) which is obviously not great for beat syncing!

I notice on the Manual it talks about ASIO drivers / settings which I assume is where I would address this - Home addition it appears does not have this feature? Before I go spending more money I would like to know -

1. Is there any other way of addressing this in the software itself or a Windows tweak?
3. A feature on the mixing desk that might fix this (ie input delay / phasing etc)

I'll only have a few days before the party to hook everything up so I need to know exactly what the options are in advance!

Thanks in advance

i got the same problem.i thing is the laptop audio card is 16bit and the xfi is 24bit there are a delay the solution is try to change the xfi to 16 bit if you find letme know.i used usb 16 bit ship card and work good but the sound was medium quality.

发表时间 Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 7:32 am
djdaddy69 wrote :
ggalbraith wrote :
Hi All,

Thanks in advance

i got the same problem.i thing is the laptop audio card is 16bit and the xfi is 24bit there are a delay the solution is try to change the xfi to 16 bit if you find letme know.i used usb 16 bit ship card and work good but the sound was medium quality.

Please can you help me i want to do same thing with my pc and virtual dj how can i do? I need two sound card 16 bit ? What card ?....

发表时间 Thu 30 Jun 22 @ 10:01 am