快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: voice changer

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJ azenPRO InfinityMember since 2008
where can i get a good voice changer free or where to buy one (software or hardware)

发表时间 Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 9:49 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

发表时间 Fri 01 May 09 @ 10:51 am
Exactly how do these things work, does the mic have to go thru the computer, or are they hardware that hooks up to the mixer?

发表时间 Sun 03 May 09 @ 1:40 am
Grab a copy of 'autotune' its the vocoder all the hip hop artists are using at the moment. It runs as a vst :)

发表时间 Mon 04 May 09 @ 11:05 am
jazzyostrich wrote :
Grab a copy of 'autotune' its the vocoder all the hip hop artists are using at the moment. It runs as a vst :)

Thanx, but my question remains.

My mic's are hooked up to the mixer and the mixer to amp then to speaker, as many of us most likely are.

How does a piece of software create an effect in the voice going thru those three pieces of hardware?

发表时间 Mon 04 May 09 @ 7:33 pm
jazzyostrich wrote :

I guess that's because i don't what what "vst" stands for prolly. :)

发表时间 Mon 04 May 09 @ 7:34 pm
jazzyostrich wrote :

I guess that's because i don't what what "vst" stands for prolly. :)

Well, I'm very new to DJing, but I'll try to help you.

VST are plugins that run inside your DAW (in the case, Virtual DJ) - A "software(VST)" that requieres another software so you can use it.
I'm not going into details about what is its meaning, but in short words, it's a "cross-plataform" kind of plugin, that can be effects, virtual instruments, samplers, etc, to be used in a variaty of sound apps.
VirtualDJ as far as I know (downloaded the trial 2 weeks ago, considering buying the pro version), supports VST plugins. I dunno if it has support for a voice VST, but since it has karaoke mode, it might.
Now, how do you run this VST and where you plug the mic, I have no idea, but I assume you would have to somehow use a deck for the voice (dunno if this is possible, 'cause I'm so new to this software), so the effect will be applied to that source of audio, 'cause I'm pretty sure u can't apply effects to any audio that is not being processed by VirtualDJ.
The controller will only turn the effect on and off, and maybe tweek some paramethers, so that the audio from one of the decks if affected by that "filter".
I dunno if I helped u, but I would try to do that, since I have no further knowlodge and don't even plan to use a mic in my performances, but would be neat to be able to use a voice transformation vst with virtual dj.

And of course, you can always buy an external voice effects unit and plug into your mixer if you don't have a powerfull computer/sound card, cause you might have latency issues when using the VST at the same time u talk, 'cause that needs a lot of processing power. It's just like recording a guitar to the computer and apply some plug-ins. When you try to monitor, latency can be a serious problem in THAT setup (thats what I do to record my guitar, I just plug 1 output from the effects unit into the mixer and then to the line in of my crappy onboard realtek hd card, so I don't need to use any real time VSTs. The other output goes to powered speakers or headphone for monitoring).

Cheers,
DaN

发表时间 Tue 05 May 09 @ 11:08 am
double post by mistake.. erase this please.

发表时间 Tue 05 May 09 @ 11:08 am
huguePRO InfinityMember since 2010
DJ azen wrote :
where can i get a good voice changer free or where to buy one (software or hardware)

发表时间 Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 1:43 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What is the point of finding a seven year old thread, quoting someone and then adding nothing to the thread? I'm sorry, you have been round long enough to know you should be acting in a more mature way... now go to bed and your not getting any supper either!

发表时间 Wed 29 Jun 16 @ 7:57 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)