话题: by stephane clavel

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

发表时间 Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 9:19 pm
this is 4 years old...although

发表时间 Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 9:30 pm
I know—March 12, 2001 to be exact. I think I'll download it and see if my
“little brother [can] be a DJ now!”

OO

b.t.w. I’ll keep my suspicions to myself, if you know what I mean ;-)

发表时间 Fri 04 Mar 05 @ 10:16 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
this plug-in is working good

发表时间 Sun 06 Mar 05 @ 1:19 am
man, everyone is saying that it crashes on them.

im afraid to try it out now

***EDIT***
so far so good. i just wish you could manually tap out the BPM too.
***EDIT***

发表时间 Sun 06 Mar 05 @ 3:07 am
mUd-V: “his plug-in is working good”

It should, he is the same man responsible for this (scroll down to “The word from the CEO”:

http://www.virtualdj.com/press/press.us.html

I have to give “the man” credit—this does work good. Especially when you consider it's 4 years old and uses Winamp (I used Winamp 2.75 to test it). Consequently, Mr. Clavel has serious software "skillz"....

OO

发表时间 Sun 06 Mar 05 @ 4:00 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You are so far to imagine: VERY VERY serious (software) skills and VERY VERY clever!!

发表时间 Sun 06 Mar 05 @ 4:28 am
I am not so sure why you are doing all of this research...

i mean why you care about who is stephane and what he did in his life...

Here we got a software.You can try it before you buy it.End of story.

What is the point if this software is made by steph or nick the greek or billy the nerd?

i really dont get what is your point with this?

发表时间 Sun 06 Mar 05 @ 5:05 pm
dimitris_tsanak: “i mean why you care about who is stephane and what he did in his life... What is the point if this software is made by steph or nick the greek or billy the nerd?”

Why should you care about what we decide to do with our time? Furthermore, I can’t speak for the others here, but I find it very interesting to be able to test a past product that the CEO of Atomix Productions once made. It’s like being able to experience the past. After you’ve experienced it, you have a greater appreciation for “the man” and his current product—VDJ!

I think MR. Clavel should update that dated Winamp plugin. Someone who reviewed his plugin stated, “because it keeps on crashing Winamp I'm not going to continue using it. In fact if this is anything as an example of thier programming I wouldn't spend any money on their AtomixMP3 software either. Poor show guys…” Let the Winamp world see how much his software “skillz” have improved since then. He could use the updated plugin as a way to market VDJ to this huge cyber community. I would also suggest to him to do a VDJ turntable skin for Winamp that works with his future plugin. Imagine the shock to the Winamp world if they were able to control Winamp with time-coded vinyl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OO

发表时间 Sun 06 Mar 05 @ 8:15 pm
people that use proffesional tcv they dont try to find plug ins to work with winamp.maybe they have it in their pc just like a small player.I dont think that vdj is not well known to the people that are interested to a professional stage of cjing. So to my point of view vdj doesnt need this kind of comercial anymore. Before 4 years maybe...
About how good is one software.When it gives you the ability to test it before you buy it,it gives you the ability to judge by yourself.
I dont think that someone will judge bad the vdj because of the atomix plug in for winamp and the comments written there.
The same guy if he is really interested professionaly to work with dj softwares will search more than that plug in.

发表时间 Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 1:01 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Dimitris,
I think you might be misunderstanding OO.
He is praising Stephane by identifying his involvement from years ago.
He is not posting a review which has negatives to discredit him.

IMO, many of us worship the ground that a few DJ/nerds (in a very positive way) walk on for the contributions they have made to this industry.
Without their skills in both areas we would be out of luck and still screwing with cds.
You can't instruct a programmer on how to write code for PCDJing, it would take years (and does in some cases I won't mention).

I am intrigued to see familiar names from Winamp developers and contributors surfacing in other areas of this sport we call PCDJing.
Jorgan and Kent are others that I classify as geniuses who made major contributions as well.
They are all very special people.

Oh....and thank you for all you have done so far.
You continue to blow me away with every plug in you guys create.
You know who you are.

Rick

发表时间 Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 1:37 am
I think you’re right Rick—thanks for having my back. dimitris_tsanak has misunderstood my post and this entire thread. Consequently, I will attempt to clarify myself:

dimitris_tsanak, I have done nothing but compliment what Mr. Clavel did 4 years ago. He used a Winamp plug-in as an opportunity to expose a mp3 player market to his mp3 mixing software. As djcel has appropriately stated, what Mr. Clavel did was “VERY VERY clever!!” The negative review was given on Nov. 1, 2004, which means Winamp users are still interested in his plug-in. Therefore, I posted it as a way to motivate Mr. Clavel to update his dated Winamp plug-in. I don’t think you realize that Winamp users who download his plug-in and similar Winamp plug-ins are interested in mixing mp3’s. Mr. Clavel realized that; consequently, he had enough foresight to develop an innovative marketing tool 4 years ago. It can still be an innovative marketing tool in my opinion if he updates his plug-in. Furthermore, calling Mr. Clavel “the man” is US slang that means he is one of the best at what he does—which he is!

OO

发表时间 Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 4:02 am
I understand what you said and didnt misunderstand anything.I just dont agree in your way of thinking.

maybe my opinion is wrong and yours is right.ok thats the democracy

dont take it like i offend you.I just dont agree.thats all

发表时间 Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 12:25 pm
dimitris_tsanak, I must admit that I don’t understand your last post. Do you mean that you don’t agree with my opinion that Mr. Clavel developed a creative marketing tool (the Winamp plug-in) 4 years ago? Or is it the fact that I think he should update his Winamp plug-in and use it to market VDJ to the world wide Winamp community?

OO

发表时间 Mon 07 Mar 05 @ 1:03 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)