快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: The ULTIMATE Video Mixing Featur...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

This is the perfect feature...would be good for Music Video's but would work for plain audio has well.

You know how some music video's have those annoying interludes in the middle of the video? Well make little "edit points" that are very similar to cue points, but make them jump points in the song that VDJ can skip/edit out.

For example. Lets say there is a music video with a 0:30 second interlude at the 1:30 mark in a Video. Allow the DJ to add a Edit point at around 1:29.9, just like he would a cue point, and than another at 1:59.9 to come out of the first edit point.

You would have to allow the DJ to get a good closeup view of the song/video's Waveform, however so he can get the Edit point dead on where they need to be....

The idea is to get a seemless edit in the song. You guys NEED this feature.

发表时间 Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 2:17 am
I agree. This would definitely help me with my video mixing. Those interludes are so annoying and I'm finding myself having to setup cue point after cue point just to get around it.

发表时间 Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 5:50 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Whilst it would be a useful feature, you could just edit the video to work around it in the meantime :)

I wouldn't really describe it as the ultimate video mixing feature though, it's just an extension of the already existing cue points...

发表时间 Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 7:43 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gets my vote... true, you could re-edit your videos, but this way would save a whole load of time and hassle!

发表时间 Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 10:20 pm
I currently re-edit but I have wanted a feature like this for what seems like an age.
I'm sure I asked for it before.
Easy to implement I would imagine and add a button/shortcut for each deck EDIT Mode.
When active uses start and end points to skip.

Ross

发表时间 Mon 23 Feb 09 @ 10:28 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
DJ Ross M wrote :

Easy to implement I would imagine and add a button/shortcut for each deck EDIT Mode.

Ross

Preferably the deck should recognise an "edited" track and enter this mode by default when a track is loaded....

发表时间 Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 10:59 am
+1 this would save me so much making extended clean edits of hip hop songs :)
and club edits

发表时间 Sat 28 Feb 09 @ 2:23 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Whilst it would be a useful feature, you could just edit the video to work around it in the meantime :)

I wouldn't really describe it as the ultimate video mixing feature though, it's just an extension of the already existing cue points...

A simple feature like this that could take seconds to do (just like setting Cue points) VS. Taking the time and extra resources to re-edit a song, which: 1. Will lose quality because I'm sure most people will be editing an already compressed video format, and 2. Might only limit the Video DJ to playing the newly edited version without the interlude when they might want to be able to play the original as well depending on the circumstances.

I think the feature in VDJ would be alot more practical. ;-)

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 4:43 am
djsherz wrote :
DJ Ross M wrote :

Ross

Preferably the deck should recognise an "edited" track and enter this mode by default when a track is loaded....

Yes...it would remember the edit points upon the tracks load as does the regular Cue points.

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 4:45 am
RipProductions wrote :
A simple feature like this that could take seconds to do (just like setting Cue points) VS. Taking the time and extra resources to re-edit a song, which: 1. Will lose quality because I'm sure most people will be editing an already compressed video format, and 2. Might only limit the Video DJ to playing the newly edited version without the interlude when they might want to be able to play the original as well depending on the circumstances.

My point was that in the meantime you have a workaround. Something like this won't be 5 minutes for the dev team to implement and test, so don't hold your breath for it's immediate implementation ;)

I agreed it would be very useful, but perhaps not really ultimate!

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 5:47 am
SBDJ wrote :
RipProductions wrote :

My point was that in the meantime you have a workaround. Something like this won't be 5 minutes for the dev team to implement and test, so don't hold your breath for it's immediate implementation ;)

I agreed it would be very useful, but perhaps not really ultimate!

Nobody said or even insinuated it would take 5 minutes to develop, nor did anyone request an immediate implementation. We were just sayin...I mean, that's what this part of the forum was made for, was it not..?

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 8:56 am
It is - don't get me wrong - I wasn't criticising or having a go. People in general can be a bit demanding sometimes, so it's worth reminding people that things can take time ;)

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 8:59 am
SBDJ wrote :
It is - don't get me wrong - I wasn't criticising or having a go. People in general can be a bit demanding sometimes, so it's worth reminding people that things can take time ;)

Understandable. Nobody was demanding anything however

发表时间 Tue 03 Mar 09 @ 9:02 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)