快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Virtual vinyl Software and Hardware does not work

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello,
I will start by saying that up to now I am very disappointed with the virtual vinyl software and usb interface box. I have posted here before and have been able to use the software once. Here is my earlier post on the topic:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/98289/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Timecode_Issue.html

After I tried the solution offered in the link I included with my last post the software recognized my time code records and I was able to perform a time code. After that day I tried to spin a few tunes and there was no sound coming out of my system. I also noted there were no lights on my level meters. I did a quick check and made sure there were no loose connections and then proceeded to perform a time sync. Well I was back to square one. 0% time code signal. Just to save any questions I can play regular records through my mixer and my turntables with no problem bypassing the virtual vinyl software so I do not believe that is where the problem lies. Today I took the mixer out of the equation and just have the turntables connected to the virtual vinyl usb box and choose: TIMECODES , SINGLE INPUT , VIRTUAL VINYL in my config section. I still get a 0% time code signal. I have also checked my RCA cables and they are fine. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the software. I am pretty much at the end of the line and am about to go purchase another software package relegating the virtual vinyl to the expensive paper weight category. I was told (or sold) by Guitar World in Brooklyn on Atlantic Ave that this was the best software package for DJ'ing. I am a guitar player myself and thought it would be good to incorporate some turntable work in my live shows. I have to be honest that my confidence level in this software has been seriously damaged due to the lack of usefulness. Has anyone else gone through this? Is this normal for this software? I won't even bother putting in a request for technical support because I waited almost three weeks for an answer (I realize these guys might have a lot of requests for help and a limited staff so this is not a slap at them) and had already found what I thought was the answer on these forums. I don't want to make this a rant against Numark and I hope I can find a resolution to this problem but I have this software hardware package for two months and it is just lying around. My set up is.....

My computer setup is:
2.4 gig dual core proc.
4 gigs ram
80 Gig Hard rive for the operating system and a 1 terabyte hard drive for content
windows XP Pro - all service packs and patches installed. (very new installation)

I have the virtual vinyl kit with the time code lp's and the usb hardware to connect my mixer and turntables.
I checked the wiring about 100 times and it is correct.

My sound equipment is as follows:
Behringer DDM4000 mixer - - - - - - - - currently not connected but would like to use it some day.
2 - Gemini TT-02 turntables

Everything works when I use records in an analog environment (bypassing the virtual vinyl software.

I would truly appreciate any help in getting this thing working. If anyone can help me to get the bare minimum working I may be able to take baby steps from there. Right now I only have two turntables connected into the virtual vinyl box and that box connected to the computer. So far no time code signal. Any help is greatly appreciated. I work in the IT industry so I am well acquainted with working on hardware / software systems.

发表时间 Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 10:15 am

发表时间 Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 10:21 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Could we have the details, on what needles you are using, this is a important factor when using timecodes,

It could be the reason why you are not getting a signal. Also what options have you got checked/unchecked in the timecode config.

发表时间 Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 11:13 am
Hello They are the needles that came with the turntables. I think they are CN-1000 cartridges. The settings are as follows:

Hardware
Both turntables are plugged into the usb box in the input sections

Software

INPUT - Time Codes
OUTPUT - Single Output
Sound Card - Virtual Vinyl

In the time code config section:

checked boxes - Master Tempo and Browser Track

all other boxes unchecked

After having trouble I decided to try the most simple configuration.

发表时间 Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 3:59 pm
chris25B wrote :
They are the needles that came with the turntables. I think they are CN-1000 cartridges.

I know it's more money to pay out, but try some better carts, I use stanton Discmasters V3 also Ortofon Concorde Digitracks are good for timecodes.

In the timecode config, uncheck all the boxes, but check RIAA peamp option ( I don't know if that option is there in Virtual Vinyl)

发表时间 Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 4:58 pm
OK I will give it a try.

发表时间 Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 7:55 pm

Also this post out, looks a similar problem to what you are havin'

发表时间 Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 1:16 pm
Hi Jimmy,
I did find that post when I first came on the forum and I was able to perform a timecode one time using that procedure. I have not been able to repeat the timecode using those instructions though. I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the usb interface box because it seems odd that I was able to time code once and could not after that. I did order the new needles so maybe that will help. I appreciate your help and advice.

Chris

发表时间 Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 9:39 am
Well, give them needles a try out when they arrive (which ones did you go for) Hopefully they will do the trick.

If that doesn't help then it could be the VV interface :(

发表时间 Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 9:44 am
I got a pair of stanton Discmasters V3's

发表时间 Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 11:41 am
chris25B wrote :
I got a pair of stanton Discmasters V3's

Nice choice ;)

Very good stylus.

发表时间 Thu 13 Nov 08 @ 1:18 pm
Yea, now I am pestering the UPS guy!

发表时间 Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 3:11 pm
OK, I got the new cartridges. (Which I must say are very nice) Still a no go with the time code. It just says 0%. I am bypassing the mixer and going right into the usb box with the configuration above. I have to say this is very frustrating after spending over 300.00 for this software and this box. I am loosing a lot of studio time and my band mates are getting pissed that I even went this route. A lot of people are telling me to dump this software because it has a lot of bugs. I am starting to wonder if I made the right choice. Sorry for being negative but I have about 1000.00 worth of equipment that is as good as a paper weight. I really appreciate Jimmy for helping me out. What I want to know is where are the Numark techs? They should be all over this board helping paying customers out. last time I emailed I waited over two weeks for a response. OK. I have vented. If anyone can help me get this thing working it would be greatly appreciated.

PS

I am a Principal Network Technologist for a large corporate entity so I am no slouch when it comes to computers. I can only imagine the poor soul who is so so on a computer.

发表时间 Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 6:15 pm
I'm sorry to hear that you are still getting nothing from your timecodes,

I believe then, the problem lies with the VV interface. If you do a search for a user called "Skyfxl". He is a Numark rep (and once a mod for this forum, and very knowledgable chap) and often visits these pages.

He is UK based but I'm sure if you PM him he will be able to sort something out for you, or point you in the right direction my friend.

One thing though, have you tried changing the little phono/line switch on the rear of the interface (i'm just guessing here), see if that does anything.

I'm very sorry that I can't help you further.

*EDIT*

Could you please do some screen shot's of your timecode config page, and your sound setup page.

发表时间 Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 7:57 pm
Jimmy,
Thank you for all your help. I have tried the line and phone switches with no luck. I just ran an output off my mixer and went analog with good old fashioned records and it works great so I know I have everything hooked up right. I will take the screen shots and post them. I appreciate the recommendation on the needles. They sound great. I am tired of playing around with this tonight so I will take some screen shots tomorrow. Thanks again for all your help.

发表时间 Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 8:14 pm
OK, I am obseesed... Here are the screen shots....

I tried to upload jpegs but you couldn't see any detail so I uploaded bitmaps.
Sorry for the long download of the page.
Let me know if any other images would be helpfull.
I am also going to open a ticket again.

发表时间 Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 8:34 pm

I've got 2 little questions,

On the Sound setup tab, you have your Output as 3-line mixer, what other options have you got ( I can't remember as I'm at work and not in front of my VirtualDJ). Is there one just for "external mixer"

Do you hit the "Auto-config" button in the timecode config.

发表时间 Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 9:43 pm
Oh my! Lower your gain and maybe try turning off RIAA preamp :)

发表时间 Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 4:39 am
I do have it set as 3 chanel mixer but there is a setting for external mixer. I will try that option. I will also lower the gain and turn of riaa what cha ma call it. Will post results. Not too much time tonight. Got tickets for Meat Beat Manifesto..... Thanks!

发表时间 Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 4:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)