快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: New Needles?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey all
Im relatively new to turntable-ing, so please excuse me if this is a fair obvious question.
I just bought a pair of numark tt-1250's second hand, which i love to bits. However, I have a few problems getting them to run smoothly with virtual vinyl.
First of all, one of the turntables fails to even register the time code setup, just giving a very odd static sound. It is set up identically to the other table, and it makes no difference if the positions are switched. Could this be due to poor quality needles? The needles are probably three or so years old.
The other turn table runs timecode fine, however iv noticed that when I run two tracks with identical BPM, say 128, with one running on a turntable and the other directly through virtual dj, the turntable track will become slowly out of sync. Once again could this be due to needles?

If you cant be bother reading the above, the question is how much does the quality of the needles effect how smoothly virtual vinyl will run.

Cheers for any advice. Id like to be certain before i fork out 150 on new needles.

发表时间 Mon 10 Nov 08 @ 4:55 pm
Well, it could be the needles, but first of all try to clean out your contacts of your needles with the tonearm.

Can't really think of anything else right now...

OR: maybe switch needles and see if that helps? That way you can easily rule out that cause. :)

For more info on this: check here

发表时间 Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 10:23 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well, first thing I would do on second hand turntables, is to change the needles for sure, you don't know how the previous owner has looked after them,

Also your BPM problem, you may need to alter your Pitch sensitivity slightly, there is a option for this in the timecode config.

发表时间 Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 10:52 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)