快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Version v5.2.1 X-Fi Vista Sound help Please

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello All I have a strange problem

I have always regularly updated my version of VDJ and was currently running VDJ version v5.2.1 on a Vista Home Premium Laptop below are my specs

Dell XPS M1530
Duo Core T8300 2.4 GHz
4Gb RAM
NVIDIA Geforce
8600 M GT video Card

ExpressCard Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Notebook

I have no extra software and use the Laptop exclusivly for VDJ

When I use any version of VDJ 5.0 or above Audio only seems runs well for a short period of time a minute or so it sounds fuzzy and mettalic if I change just about any setting in the Performances Tab The sound becomes OK again for a short period I tested this bey installing other V5.xx versions I had on some old saved backup (v5.0.rev6) and experienced the same problems. I know Vista handles sound poorly so I was assuming it had to do with Vista I never used to have any problems with my XP machines. The other odd thing is that if I close VDJ during the "poor sound" issue and fire up WMP the sound is good. Now to add to this confusion I was able to do a gig for 4 hours with not much hassle after I shut down and started up the next day with NO system changes the problem occured this was after a clean windows install. I have tried a 3 reformat and install , shutting down processes, adding removing codecs etc. etc.

So on a whim I searched my backup drive for a pre-V5 bersion of VDJ and found v4[1].3 installed it and so far not even a glitch in the sound there is an odd thing going n with the text dissaperaing on the configuration menu buttons in the effects menus but its better than fuzzy mettalic distorted sound

I thought I was al good

UPDATE: IT DID THE SAME THING!! ON VERSION v4[1].3 (

My questions are

What did V5 change in the way it handles sound?

Is this a Latency Issue?

Is this problem limited to X-Fi, Vista

If it is a performance issue what settings can I use in V5 in the performance tab to get rid of the problem

Any other setting suggestions?

If I am stuck using V4.xx
am I missing fonts for the menus, which ones, and where do I get em and which V4 was the latest and most stable?

Thank You Thank You

Clay

发表时间 Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 1:28 am
Well mabey I spoke too soon the same thing seems to occur in both 5 and 4 versions of VDJ

To recap:

Upon start up VDJ performs wel.l after a random amount of time about 1-5 minutes the audio becomes distorted/fuzzy mettalic
If I change ANY setting in the performance Tab it goes away monentarily the returns...This problem does not occur in any other windows based programs including a copy of Traktor LE that came with My Numark Total Control

发表时间 Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 5:27 pm
POSTED FROM THE FOLLOWING THREAD

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/98616/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Dell_Studio_Problems.html

Question is the Dell Studio similar or in the same family as the XPS M1530 ? Is your problem have any resemblance to my recent qustion?

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/98892/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Version_v5_2_1_X-Fi_Vista_Sound__help_Please.html?search=clay&page=1

I am still looking for answers right now I am trying the following

I have been mixing for 10 minutes now and the Audio is holding up basically I just turned everything waay down or off

One a sidenote I was using CUE Remix by Coive v1.6 although I have never heard of a Skin causing an Audio problem 1440 x900

20 minutes and countin..........

发表时间 Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 6:22 pm
i have the vista service pack 1( 64 bit)... i tired that and its still doing it on my herclues rmx i tried the m-audio fast track pro and still im getting the poping sounds

发表时间 Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 9:23 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006

发表时间 Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 9:27 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)