快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Sound Cards - What sould I go for?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi - I have been trialing the demo version of vitual DJ and love it - I'm really innocent about which sound card to buy for the full version which I'm thinking of buying. I am looking ultimately to split deck1, 2, and sample pad onto separte channels so I can mix on and external mixer stereo outs for each channel and either cue the PFL circuit on the sound card so I can practice at home or monitor though an external mixer. Should I got for an external card with USB connection or firewire? Getting conflicting advice for people I know. I am looking for what brands people use or what is reccomended by support.

Also in the trail version I keep getting software crashes when using loops it sets up the loop but when it get to the end of the phrase of 4 or 8 beats or what ever both decks crash and programme closes down and doesn't recover - is this a bug in the trail version? As I read it should recover instantly and restart with less than a second's gap.

Thanks for any advice

DJ A

发表时间 Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 7:58 pm
Maya 44USB. It's that easy.

发表时间 Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 10:35 pm
Maya44 usb for a laptop, and for a desktop a Delta44 or Delta66 pci card (come with breakout box). All three work great and will give you the option of using the time coded vinyl later if you wish. They all have 4 inputs and 4 outputs.

Killabee44

发表时间 Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 11:16 pm
bantonHome userMember since 2005
can i ask, are these pro sound cards ?

I want to get a pro sound card but am worried i will spend time buying returning buying returning....

Any ideas guys ?

Running p4 1.8 sblive - reason - intend linked qbase (tested in xp b4) - and virtual dj where needed, on xp (currently testing win2k3 server enterprise- runs fine to contradict popular belief)

My reason for wanting to try a pro card is because I believe it will give me better bandwidth when it comes to pro production, ie better clarity treble and bass,,,although i am not sure mids will change,,but wouldnt be surprised.

many thanks - virtual dj - the best i've seen and heard.

发表时间 Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 11:27 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Anyone know of any networked sound cards?

That is an external sound card, like a usb/firewire/pcmcia card but one which is accessed over a wired or wireless network.

发表时间 Wed 26 Jan 05 @ 11:27 pm
tunicPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Regarding which sound card to buy I can wholeheartedly recommend the Maya44USB. I got mine yesterday (as I am going to be using time code CDs) and I've just spent two hours playing with it having unplugged my Hecules DJ Console. Man what a difference - it is far far better sound that the DJ Console, and most importantly plays the songs at the correct speed. The Hercules is just too fast in ASIO mode - something to do with 48/44.1 conversion I believe.

But the point is this: The Maya works straight out of the box. The Herc used to crash on me a far bit but not 1 crash, glitch or crackle in two hours of using the Maya and everything sounded crystal clear. Deffo worth the £95 I just spent on it. I was starting to get frustrated with the whole DJ thing because everything was sounding crap (mainly due to the speed of the tracks) but now everything sounds great (and my mixes sound a lot better too now). I'm happy :o)

And yes, the Maya44 is a pro quality soundcard as far as I'm aware, specifically aimed at pro audio software like Cubase etc. by virtue of its native ASIO 2.0 support. You will not be disappointed.

发表时间 Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 11:30 am
Hi,
Thanks for the advise the Maya44 looks good - where did you get it for £95 - cheapest I can find is £109

Are the outputs 1/4" jacks or 1/8" or phonos? If they are jacks are they stereo outs or 4 individual outs??

As I was looking to asign both decks and the sample pad to individual out puts but this wont's happen if i have to assigen deck 1L 1R 2L 2R that's my four outputs?? Then where do you put the sample pad?

As I only have the demo version I cannot see the sound config screen correctly.

Cheers

Al

发表时间 Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 2:11 pm
Hi,

There are 4 phono/RCA inputs and 4 phono/RCA outputs. You'd normally assign these as two pairs of inputs and two pairs out outputs.

I bought mine this week from www.djstore.co.uk - a very reliable website with excellent customer service (they even phoned to say they were going to be 1 day late with delivery and they arrived as they said they would).

In the full version of VDJ you can assign decks 1 and 2, plus the sample channel and the headphone mix to whatever output channels you want. If you are using a software mixer (as in the VDJ internal one) then you should assign decks 1,2 and the sample channel to output 1+2, and assign the headphones to 3+4 (though you'll need an RCA to 3.5mm convertor to plug the headphones in).

Hope that helps.

With an external mixer you'll have to assign samples to another soundcard (perhaps the internal one) but you'll also need a 3 channel mixer.

发表时间 Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 2:19 pm
OK think I'm getting it - can't you then get a sound card with more than 4 outputs??

AL

发表时间 Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 3:09 pm
You can - such as the Audiotrak Maya EX7 USB Soundcard, however, whilst I assume this works well with VDJ it doesn't include any inputs (it has 8 RCA outputs). This is fine unless you ever want to use time code vinyl or CDs - you'd still need a Maya44 or equivalent for the inputs.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone has run both alongside each other and how good the EX7 is at playback - is it as good as the Maya44USB? Also, has anyone tried running two Maya44USB cards to give double the outputs/intpus?

发表时间 Thu 27 Jan 05 @ 4:10 pm
I've got the Maya EX7 and it only shows up in VDJ as having one set of outputs. I couldn't find anywhere if the EX7 supports ASIO - it's not in the documentation anywhere. I've been using the EX7 for a couple of years with BPM Studio. I like that I can assign both decks to a separate pair of outputs, and the sample player / cue to yet a third pair.

Anyone using the EX7??

发表时间 Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 9:19 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Creative EM-U 1616m. It uses PCMCIA connectivity to the laptop which gives it very low latency. It also has pro grade digital to analog converters.

发表时间 Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 9:28 am

HI

go with the Maya 44. It works great, sounds great and because you have 4 inputs too you can also use time coded vinyl or cd if you decide to. Check out Ebay. I got one on there brand new for a very good price a couple of months ago. :)

发表时间 Sat 10 Jun 06 @ 1:50 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)