快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Jogwheels of Denon HC4500 while using VirtualDJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hydraPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Maybe, somebody recognises my problem, and can give me advice. It is appreciated!

The right hand jogwheel enables me to cue a track manually (via scratch-functionality), however the left hand jogwheel doesn't. It does not respond when "jogging" it (before the track is started).

I guess I need to change a setting in the jog mode, but how? If someone can enlighten me please...

Best regards,

Hydra

发表时间 Sat 27 Sep 08 @ 2:14 pm
You probably have the left jogwheel in pitch bend mode. Press the JOG MODE button next to the jogwheel to toggle the jogwheel between scratch and pitch bend modes.

发表时间 Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 1:35 pm
Thanks for the reply.

Set to scratch mode, but still does not scratch. The left hand display shows: "scratch: +0" when "jogling".

I am using the latest software of VDJ, Denon, Asio and your mapper.

Any other suggestion(s) is (are) welcome.

Thanks in advance,

best regards,

Hydra

发表时间 Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 3:26 pm
If you toggle the jogwheel to pitch bend mode, does it pitch bend or does it have no effect?

The scratch: +0 indicates that it's detecting you touching the jogwheel, but it's not receiving any jogwheel movements.

Have you adjusted the jogwheel scratch sensitivity in user parameters? It's possible to set this to 0 (Off) that would disable the jogwheel for scratching. This would affect both jogwheels though in scratch mode.

Another thing to check is that you have not accidentally activated timecode on the deck - Press FLIP+TIME to toggle this on/off.

发表时间 Sun 28 Sep 08 @ 3:33 pm
Hi again,

I set (for both decks):
Jogmode = Scratch
Jogwheel Scratch Cue Sensitivity =32
Jogwheel Scratch = 32
timecode = off
+ checked if values of all other settings where equal between left and right hand deck

Unfortunately no change in left hand deck scratch performance. On left hand deck joggling stops the track, but no scratching (neither in cue, play or pause mode).

I reinstalled latest VDJ and your mapper and rechecked latest Denon driver (was still installed).

Any other settings on either deck, VDJ or other software I can check/adjust?

Regards, Hydra

发表时间 Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 5:40 am
What happens if you toggle the left deck to Bend mode? Does the left jogwheel then do a pitch bend when the song is playing, or does it still not function?

Does the left jogwheel function if you remove or disable the mapper? (I.e: Using native support only.)

发表时间 Mon 29 Sep 08 @ 12:29 pm
In bend mode: no reaction

Removing mapper leads to the same (non) behaviour as with the mapper.

With another programme (included with de HC400) left hand jogwheel reacts, but not as good as right hand wheel.

Is it fair to say that the probabble cause is a hardware issue? Or is it software issue within the controller?

Regards, Hydra

发表时间 Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 7:06 am
It looks like you may have a controller with a faulty jogwheel.

The first thing to try is updating the firmware to the latest version if you have not already done so. You can download the latest firmware and drivers from http://www.denondj.com/plugin.asp?prod=DN-HC4500

If you still experience the problem with the latest firmware installed, the jogwheel itself may be faulty.

发表时间 Tue 30 Sep 08 @ 12:24 pm
Latest firmware is on board, so I'll contact the store.

Thanks anyway for your support!

Regards, Hydra

发表时间 Wed 01 Oct 08 @ 1:51 pm
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Dude, way to hang with him on this Boggis..you gave it a strong shot at troubleshooting from a few thousand miles away....

发表时间 Fri 17 Oct 08 @ 10:08 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)