快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Partial load, freezing video, 100% fresh vista install!!

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Ok, I'm really scratching my head now. Ive been a loyal Virtual Vinyl user for quite some time and love it. Over the past few weeks though ive been having more and more problems. Up until last night I had been using VV 5.0.7 but due to partial loads, freezing videos and crashing i decided to do a complete fresh Vista ultimate SP1 install and use version 5.2 of Virtual DJ to see if the update has ironed out these problems. The only software installed on my laptop now are Virtual DJ & Vista.

So there I was last night at the club and about 3 hours into a trouble free 4 hour set and guess what, load a video and just a very small section loads, great i think! Try and play it and the video freezes! I uncheck and recheck the video enable tick box in config and the video then plays ok but not scanning the whole song on load. I load up the next video and same thing again, partial scan and freezing video, I try load an mp3, same thing partial scan (creeps forward while playing as with the video)

So we have a completely fresh install of windows and just virtual DJ installed, why is this happening? You might say its heat but then could you explain why closing Virtual Dj and reopening it instantly competely fixes the problem if its heat! My external drive? I tried to load videos from the internal and same thing. These videos and songs are just single tracks so no big files. Looking through last nights track listing, where the problem occurs i was playing .avi or .mpg vids and a couple of .mp3 tracks

I would say my system is pretty well stacked to cope with Virtual DJ.

Dell M1330
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
Core 2 Duo T9300 @ 2.5GHz
4.00 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS
Fujitsu 160GB 2.5 inch 7200SATA MHW2160BJ (internal drive)
External hard Drive Western Digital My Passport Essential Capacity: 250 GB, Interface: USB 2.0, Data Transfer Rate: 480 Mbps
Virtual Vinyl external Soundcard

All settings were on default last night in Virtual DJ i.e Max Load 15 min

Ive searched the forum for this issue and there seems to be so much disscussion regarding it that there must be a solution by now but I cant find it.

Any pointers would be good. Many thanks,

Rob

发表时间 Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 5:57 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djrobmac wrote :

All settings were on default last night in Virtual DJ i.e Max Load 15 min

I don't really do alot of video yet, but you could try this put Max Load on "Always"

Then go to the download section>Plugins>External Tools (2nd page) and download DJ cels Registry Tool. Once installed open it up and Check the Speedload options.

See if that helps you.

发表时间 Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 7:51 am
also try lowering your hardware acceleration on your graphics card,

right click desktop/properites/settings tab/advanced button/troubleshoot tab
(these steps are for winxp, might be different for Vista)
I had to decrease the acceleration on my NVIDIA to finally get the videos to play correct.

dont know if this will help.

发表时间 Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 8:41 pm
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What do you do when you can't lower your acceleration on your video card?

I ask this because I can't get rid of my video freezing problems. I have an ATI 3650 with 512mb of dedicated ram, computer has plenty of power at 2.4ghz Core Duo Penryn Processor, 4gigs of ram, etc....The drivers won't let you change the acceleration - you just can't do it. I researched and read about this on the internet - and it's just the way some of these newer graphics cards are....

So, what should one do in this case?

I had put in a ticket to VDJ last week but haven't heard back. I have read every thread I could find on here about freezing issues, but then I see some threads where it seems like some people just can't get rid of their issues no matter what.

There is talk about codecs - and what types of videos they are. At the moment, all of the videos I am running are MPEG2 from TMJones or the same downloaded from Smashvidz. Could this be the issue?

Any suggestions are welcome - I want to be able to run video flawlessly which I should technically be able to do on my system.....I should note that I have done all the tweaks for Vista, so the system is running fast - but unfortunately, has these freezing hiccups with video play.....

发表时间 Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 7:48 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)