快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: About Mac and HC-4500 combination

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

I recently placed an order to switch from PC (dark Side ) to MAC. I have been using jpboggis' HC-4500 mapper which has a cross fader start option for videos with the Denon DNX - 900 mixer.

I see that VDJ has a built in HC 4500 support that I did not use yet. Does it support the crossfader for videos? I am not sure, I checked the manuals but did not see it.

And also, if anyone knows that jpboggis is planning on releasing the Mac Version? or is it possible to convert to Mac system? ( I just saw DJ Cyder's post about the mapper I guess I'll watch that thread for this)

Like I said I am very new to Mac (Although I work with Unix systems, so it should be an easy transition). But I don't know what is compatible what is not with MAC as far as the VDJ components is concerned.

Could anyone give me a feed back?

Thanks,

DJ Palamuth

Mac Pro with 2 x 2.8GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon
4GB Ram
750 G Harddrive
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
2 x Seagate 500G External Hard drives
Denon HC-4500 and HD 2500
Denon DNX - 900 Mixer

发表时间 Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 8:09 am
There is a Mac version of my HC4500 mapper, but this is currently beta.

It should be released soon once it has been sufficiently tested (I don't own a Mac, so I can't do this myself.)

The native support for the HC4550 should support the crossfader on the Denon X500 and X900 mixers (It does on the PC version.)

发表时间 Tue 12 Aug 08 @ 1:18 pm
gulkerPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for your reply JPboggis,

I have not tried it with the crossfader with native support. Well, sometimes we don't do the simplest thing and try.

I may be getting old and lazy.

Thanks again, I'll try and see what happens.

DJ Palamuth,
Gokhan Jack Ulker

发表时间 Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 12:10 am
Just wondering if you got the x-fader working .
I can't get it to do anything

发表时间 Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 8:30 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
you have to enable it in the controller,

hold down memo then use the scroll knob till it says xfd, and turn it on. Its not on by default.

发表时间 Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 11:56 pm
Thank u, got it working. It's great. Just wish i had the JP Boggis mapper for mac. :)

发表时间 Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 3:42 pm
so the MAC native for the 4500 in 5.2 is beta?

How stable is it? Ive been fooling around in my house with it this week but i was planning on using it for a wedding this weekend.
Is it not stbale enough?

I have not had any problems with the native so far.
Can any one eles report?

发表时间 Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 4:29 pm
I think 4500 is native in 5.2
It work's great, i did have a small issue where the software just quit on me but i was abusing the $h1t out of it and have not been able to duplicate it. All we need is a mapper for mac to make those minor changes that allow us to customize it to our liking.
I have heard that there is a mapper for mac roaming out there but the mapper itself is in beta form.
I would love to be a beta tester for the mapper. HINT HINT

发表时间 Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 5:03 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No the support of the HC-4500 is not beta. It is supported in the 5.2 release.

发表时间 Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 6:33 pm
Been using this exact setup all summer, it rocks can't wait till school dance season. Now if we just had some mac video effects and plugins and perhaps a visualizer I would be in heaven. I've been testing the boggis 4500 mapper and I gave him the green light awhile back, thing just works great with the mapper.

发表时间 Tue 02 Sep 08 @ 9:56 pm
So, can i have the mapper tooooooooo

Please.

发表时间 Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 4:41 pm
Your asking the wrong dude, I'm sure if you pm jpboggis, he will hook you up, as he's anxious for feedback on his mappers. Also Jp is a great asset to this community, and I hope everyone here will take a minute and acknowledge the great work he's already done on the pc side and the pioneering he's doing on the mac.

发表时间 Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 11:12 pm
VOG_PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was hoping to get a copy of his mapper too for mac, do you know if it has come out of beta.

I would love to give it a whirl, he is doing one amazing job of creating mappers.

发表时间 Tue 04 Nov 08 @ 12:14 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)