快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: PIONEER MEP 7000 - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Does anyone works with PIONEER MEP 7000.
Is it worth buying, how is the behaviour and it is working with vdj
Thanks for your comments

发表时间 Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 12:10 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's a MIDI device, so should control VirtualDJ. I haven't used one myself, but at present it's unlikely the LEDs and screen will be functional.

Regards,

Scott

发表时间 Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 6:33 am
hi mate,
i got the pioneer mep 7000 just over a week ago and think its the best media system out there. had been having a look at alot of them and this came up trumps. its build quality is top class. i really hope this does get native for virtual dj as i rate this as one of the best software systems out there. using the them both and your onto a win win situation.

even using this unit as a standaloan system is first class. had a few gigs on at the weekend and put myself in at the deep end by only taking this along and my ipod with all the required tracks on it. went down a storm and didnt for 1 minute doubt what i was doing.

splash the cash and get one

Iain

发表时间 Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 8:57 am
Hello,
anyone use the pioneer MEP 7000 already, it is worth to buy!?

发表时间 Sat 09 Aug 08 @ 12:53 am
After playing with this controller at the AC Expo, I don't think it is worth the price of $2,200 retail price. Yes it looks great but I think the Denon 4500 is a better option.

发表时间 Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 1:48 pm
Hello,
anyone else has experience with the Pioneer mep 7000

发表时间 Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 11:38 pm
Yes

I've got one and it is very very good. Happy to have PMs from anyone about it.

A

发表时间 Fri 05 Dec 08 @ 6:03 am
Just bought MEP/VDJ and both great (although I would like to see an MEP skin sometime!!!)

Any hints/tips from those of you have been using this a while? The instruction manuals are basic so any suggestions based on experience would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Teez

发表时间 Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 2:20 am
The MEP is an awesome rack mounted unit. I have one and love it

发表时间 Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 4:52 am
Do you need the CD draw to plug a USB in or does the head unit have USB inputs also?

发表时间 Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 3:33 pm
You need the base unit for usb and sound card. The sep controller is pretty useless on it's own and that's the major design flaw with this system

发表时间 Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 2:44 am
Yeah I thought so if it hadn't been for that everyone would of had one, seems silly to bring out a system like this almost as if it's ten years out of date.

发表时间 Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 3:04 am
I think the MEP-7000 is meant as a true multimedia player and the controller support is secondary so you can use software as well as CD/DVD.

I just don't get the SEP-C1 though .... it is expensive and doesn't even have a sound card built in. The Denon HC4500 isn't as nice to look at but it's a lot more functional.

发表时间 Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 6:33 am
Yep, after my dac 2 back in the early 00's i wouldn't buy a rackmount player again.

发表时间 Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 9:18 am
I have an SEP-C1 and I take your points about the denon, however the denon is designed to play all formats of disc media and also connect to a USB hard disk or memory stick and play directly from it. Also it has an internal disk (which I have heard is not very reliable). So the concepts are different, the denon is a multimedia player and usb player, the MEP 7000 is the same but without the internal hard disk, both the MEP and the Denon are HiD Midi controllers too which means they will both drive pc/mac based software products.

The SEP-C1 fits neatly in between these, for example if you want to use pc/mac software and control it from a decent controller and have no need to play from disc media then the SEP-C1 at £600 is a pefect option and works really well with VDJ. If you need to play discs then the price ticket is over £1000, I know you can buy midi controllers for £200 that do a great job but the build quality and detail of the SEP-C1 is perfect for a professional show, whats more the HID controller means that you can fine tune the controller to your software, manage the backlights and leds and the jog/scratch wheel become ultra acurate. Whats more the pitch control is perfect.

The interface works really well with VDJ you can shuffle around your playlists and crates using the centre rotary knob, then load the track with the backlit blue load buttons, loops are a breeze just like on a CDJ, the LCD display shows the time details and BPM, then the centre screen shows the track details for each track loaded, the jog wheel and cue function operate like a CDJ and you can choose between jog and vinyl mode, then there are six small buttons below the screen that you can customise, I have set mine to control sync and preset 4 bar, 8 bar and 16 bar loops.

What I do like is that the button labels all match up with the software and are what you would expect to see on a CDJ so using it is not a case of trying to remember which button is programmed to what, which I think is a bad point with the DAC units.

I bought the SEP as I have no need for discs or external sources at all and have teamed it up with the new Pioneer DJM-5000 so my whole system is running USB digitally, the soundcard is built into the DJM-5000 so for just about £1200 I have a fantastic digital mixer with all the features I need along with a great HID controller, bolt that in a rack with a 14" TFT and a small backlit keyboard on a drawer and you have a awesome rig for both disco and karaoke.

My opinion is 10/10 for this setup, compact, reliable and rock solid.

I dont work for Pioneer or anything but have been working professionally now five nights a week for so long that I just personally feel the Pioneer range is the best road ready, dj ready kit on the market, I have Pioneer kit that has been hired out to hell hole clubs and it is still as good as new.

Ps. Previous mobile rig was a Denon DND6000, Soundmaster Fusion Mixer.

Steve
DJM5000, SEP-C1, JBL-EON515, JBL-PRX518S,MARTIN EFX500s, ICD-DJPC.

发表时间 Tue 08 Dec 09 @ 5:21 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I just don't get the SEP-C1 though .... it is expensive and doesn't even have a sound card built in. The Denon HC4500 isn't as nice to look at but it's a lot more functional.

It's funny how different needs can create two totally opposite opinions :)

I've been thinking about buying the SEP-C1 to replace my DMC2. I like this device specifically because it doesn't have a soundcard. I never play CD's and I already have Edirol FA-66 which is great, so I don't want or need a USB-sound card.

However, I do agree that SEP-C1 is expensive for what it really does.

发表时间 Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 6:22 am
Hi Steve,

Thanks for your point of view, I may give the SEP-C1 another look.

djstevehill wrote :
I have an SEP-C1 and I take your points about the denon, however the denon is designed to play all formats of disc media and also connect to a USB hard disk or memory stick and play directly from it. Also it has an internal disk (which I have heard is not very reliable). So the concepts are different, the denon is a multimedia player and usb player,

I take it you're referring to the DN-HD2500 here, the HC-4500 has no hard drive or USB support.

发表时间 Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 12:07 pm
Hi,

Yes sorry I should of said that I was comparing with the 2500 though in saying that there is still crossover with the 4500, I think they are both stomping units and great value for money, just for me the SEP has the edge.

发表时间 Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 4:15 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

It's funny how different needs can create two totally opposite opinions :)

I've been thinking about buying the SEP-C1 to replace my DMC2. I like this device specifically because it doesn't have a soundcard. I never play CD's and I already have Edirol FA-66 which is great, so I don't want or need a USB-sound card.

However, I do agree that SEP-C1 is expensive for what it really does.

This is my point yes if like you say you dont use CDs and already have a top end soundcard solution then its idea, it is a lot of money but then again so is anything for our type of work that can cope with the abuse we give them, hence why KAM stuff is cheap. 8-)

发表时间 Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 4:18 pm
Go to the mapper section in the config area. Select your controller and scroll down in the list.

Press the button to which you want to assign the 'sync' command. At the right side in the 'Action' field you see the currently assigned action.

Delete this entry and enter 'deck 1 sync' in the field. Do the same for the right deck and enter 'deck 2 sync'.

Greets, Heiko

P.S: Check your keyboard - seems that your 'Caps lock' key is not working correctely.

发表时间 Fri 29 Jan 10 @ 11:09 am
63%