快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: CDJ-400, DJM-800 and VDJ setup

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

So now that I have my DJM-800 (haven't started playing with it just yet) I was considering upgrading the players.

The Pioneer CDJ-400 seems to be the way to go since it also supports midi. However, upon review it looks as those those units are USB to Midi compatable, not Midi to Midi like the mixer.

Simple question........

Will VDJ recognize the players if they are plugged in via RCA through the mixer since the DJM-800 is MIDI?

or

Do I need to plug in the CDJ-400 players directly into the computer's USB port in order for VDJ to recognize it?

Example - (CDJ-400's are live players on channels 1 & 2, but are Midi mapped on 3 & 4 by splitting the RCA Cable from two way output (L/R channel 1) to a four way output (L/R Channel 1 and L/R Channel 3) So the CDJ-400 can be run on two separate DJM-800 channels simultaneously, hence only having ONE midi out to the computer (DJM-800) instead of THREE (DJM-800, CDJ-400, CDJ-400)

I hope this makes sense

发表时间 Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:03 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
You should use the USB connections for the CDJ400s, I'll tell you why, they are also sound cards. So you can run your RCAs from the CDJ400s into your mixer and your USB from your PC into your CDJs. One never need worry about flipping any switches on your mixer if you decide to use the CDJs in CD player mode......

发表时间 Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:11 pm
Thanks.

I was just hoping I wouldn't have to run so many cables to the computer when setting up

发表时间 Fri 18 Jul 08 @ 4:25 pm
Ok,

so here's the problem...

Virtual DJ recognizes CDJ-400 as a soundcard option. but when I set both channels to use that option. I only get sound out of one deck, the other is dead.

Is there a way for VDJ to recognize the players as individual soundcards???

发表时间 Fri 08 Aug 08 @ 11:18 pm
so i've got the cdj 400 and want to use the virtual dj along wit it....
now is there a specific version of virtual dj i need to have to be able to use my player on the vdj???
so far my sound is setup as
-INPUT: none
-OUTPUT: external mixer
-SOUND CARD: 2cards
-SOUND (1): cdj 400
-SOUND (2): cdj 400
the part i dont i get is how to set the "REMOTE CONTROL"...
i need help wit that please!!!

i can control the sound wit the mixer but the cdj seem to jus sit there

发表时间 Sat 16 May 09 @ 2:34 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)