快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Unstable sound, popping, distortion and U46 issues (Solved)

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I recently bought the ESI U46 MKII soundcard, and wanted to use it with Virtual Vinyl.

I was constantly getting crazy popping and distortion problems, which once started would continue until I restarted the Virtual Vinyl, opened and closed the ASIO configuration menu or changed the "buffer number" in the MixVibes U46 control software. These problems would occur almost randomly, even if the sound was playing well on Automix for 20 minutes or so initially, they would suddenly begin.

I then installed MixVibes 3DEX to compare performance, and used the automix feature to see what would happen. After a while, the same problems occurred - without any definable trigger to cause this. I wasn't running any other programs or using the laptop for anything else. Even setting the latency to the highest numbers doesn't help.

Installing the software on a second, new laptop did not help.

I use WindowsXP, with a gig of ram and a centrino duo 2Ghz processor.

It seems to me that the U46 MKII is the problem, and simply doesn't work in a stable manner. Any suggestions out there?

Many thanks
Dave

发表时间 Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 7:59 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I'm not sure what driver the MKII comes with or if its actually compatiable with other u46 drivers but i believe you can try the 1.016 driver, for me that is the best running u46 driver. What are your other sound settings in VDJ? The fact that it happens in both apps. would hint that the U46 has some issue. What do you have the latency set at?

发表时间 Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 8:31 am
dj_funkbomb wrote :
These problems would occur almost randomly, even if the sound was playing well on Automix for 20 minutes or so initially, they would suddenly begin.
Dave

I had the same problem. I have installed the asio4all driver and the pops and clicks have dissapeared. Than I installed the last version of the driver (1.030) and it works ok. I have the u46se soundcard.

发表时间 Fri 15 Feb 08 @ 2:21 pm
Thanks for the suggestions.

I have installed the new U46MKII driver and this has seemed to fix the problem - last night I DJed for 4 hours with no problem, but with all the settings on "fastest".

I will now be testing this driver with lower latencies and higher quality sound emulation to see how powerful I can make it in a stable manner.

You can download the latest driver that worked for me here:
http://www.mixvibes.dj/new-u46mk2-driver-t8490.html?sid=206fad05abdf0599fd91756a5cff70fb

I also called ESI support who gave me the following suggestions in case there are any others out there who need to try something new:

- plug in the laptop power supply
- disable network cards and wireless networks (they claim this can cause interference)
- buy a ground loop isolator (can help on club systems with earth feedback noise)
- disable anti-virus software, screen savers, etc

发表时间 Sat 16 Feb 08 @ 5:13 am
I too had MANY problems with the u46mk2. (thats a big understatement) Got nowhere with their support. Tried all their fixes to no avail. Then I found out they are suggesting using a new driver and not using the u46mk2 driver at all. The driver is called ASIO4ALL. Just do a search for it and it pops right up. I downloaded and installed the driver, followed the very easy set up manual and LO and BEHOLD! all my pops, crunchies and glitches are gone! I can finally get the latencies way down now. I use vista on the laptop and the Numark dmc2 along with cdn95 for cd's (it keeps things fun in the booth) and a behringer vmx1000 mixer. A very easy fix after months of headaches!

发表时间 Wed 18 Mar 09 @ 12:08 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)