快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Mixer to Virtual DJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

uvtubeControlleristMember since 2007
I am a complete noob when it comes to computer DJing but I was thinking of getting VDJ and was wondering if it is possible to plug my Gemini PMX 140 2 channel mixer into my laptop, playing tracks through VDJ and mixing them with my mixer as usual.

I have seen VDJ in use, my friend has VDJ 4 I think, and I have watched him use that as a standalone system and I like the interface and features.

I am sorry if this question is answered in the FAQ's somewhere, but I have looked and got reeeeal confused.

I am basically a bedroom noob DJ and I recently bought second hand Pioneer dj5000 decks to go with my Gemini PMX 140 mixer, but I would like the option to use VDJ with the Gemini.

Again sorry if this is an inappropriate way to ask.

Oh and my lappy is brand new dual core HP with onboard sound.

Thanks in advance :]

发表时间 Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 2:27 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004

发表时间 Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 8:19 am
much appreciated djej .... if I am reading that correctly .... I can mix tracks straight out of VDJ with the Gemini ... and run my decks into the loop if I want to as well ...

sorry man , like I said no experience at this at all ... :\

thanks for your time

发表时间 Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 9:45 am
Yes again. The mixer will not control virtual dj but the output from VDJ will go into your mixer just as the output from a CD goes into your mixer. The decks will control the decks in virtual dj just like they control the vinyl/cd. You can use a variety of techniques (mouse/shortcuts/midi device) to control things like the special effects/samples/loops in the VDJ software still.

Here is a link to some of the tutorial demos on this site.

http://www.virtualdj.com/support/index.html

YOu can also search youtube for virtual dj and you'll get some other examples of people using Timecode and external mixers.

发表时间 Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 10:01 am
Hello fellow Djs there are a few things i'd like to know. If i buy a virtual pro and i have a Numark DXM01 USB mixer, with virtual timecoded vinyls, can i connect it straight to my turntables without any other hardwares like Maya sound cards.
please tell me, which is the simplest way to set up this time coded vinyls. using a USB mixer or Maya?
Thanx!

发表时间 Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 8:06 pm
I do not believe that the Numark has an integrated soundcard so you would still need a 4 input 4output soundcard.

发表时间 Fri 14 Dec 07 @ 10:01 am
urka_21Home userMember since 2007
u r the best

发表时间 Sat 15 Dec 07 @ 1:58 am
quick question, i wanna buy a nu05 mixer, is it compatible with virtual dj 5 ? will i have to map it ? or, is the nu04 the better option ?

thanx in advance....

发表时间 Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 2:49 am

发表时间 Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 8:08 am
DJFIGHTHome userMember since 2007
belgorod, I have the Numark DM950USB and i can run the sound out to Ch1 and Ch2, but cannot do TimeCode. You would need a seperate in like Maya to handle the in's and the mixer to do the out's. It works great though.

发表时间 Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 10:24 am
djej wrote :
Regarding your Nuo question, I would search the forums or make a separate post. I have heard plenty of people using the Nuo4 successfully but not much about the Nuo5. There are mappers already created for the Nuo 4.

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/view.html?type=tool&page=2

You guys need the pro version, almost forgot :)

发表时间 Sun 16 Dec 07 @ 6:15 pm
Thanks a lot for the info ............. :oD

发表时间 Mon 17 Dec 07 @ 11:39 am
Does anyone knows where to watch a video of how to set up with the maya 44 usb and VDJ? i really want to use the maya 44 and time coded vinyls.
again, why do we need a 3 channel mixer? cant it work with 2 channels like serato soundcard does?

发表时间 Sun 17 Feb 08 @ 5:47 pm
k311yjwHome userMember since 2008
hi guys ive just bought some kam DDX1200B decks and the kam k2 usb mixer, ive been using virtual dj for some time now but i am having difficulty in setting up my new decks to virtual dj...

is it because the decks i have are not compatible or what?!?! please can i have as much reliable advice as to how i can control the decks on virtual dj with my deck... x

发表时间 Thu 05 Mar 09 @ 1:32 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)